Making a 442 Defensively minded...

EDIT - I MENT 433! (gotta stop drinking so early.)

Now I'm not so much in need of "Arrgghhh I need to hold them off formation". More of a "Get the ball if you can formation". I see a lot of people making possession based formations with their team. I'm interested in a short criteria of whats needed to make these possession formations possible. I suppose we need to start off with an aim. So as some of the regulars may know, my Shrews are in the championship. We're going to push for promotion this season and to do that we need to attack. Even the teams on par or better we need to beat. So I guess the aim is a possession formation that has enough sting to keep me ahead. Does anyone have any suggestions, I'd like to get a good discussion on whats needed to not create 9,000,000 passes but enough to keep you safe while still getting plenty of chances.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287972-Parked-The-Tank-Achievement

You can either try the tactic or make your own taking some advice...

Panathinaikos is a top team considering the league they play, but is a lower quality team for the purpose of the tactic...to compete Champions League...

So this is not a tactic for top teams...See the Everton results

Now about possesion i know its low in the screenshots, but in all other easy or medium difficulty games is high...

I dont think you can achieve high possesion against tough opponents with medium or bad quality players (low technich, off the ball, passing etc)

i dont know if this works in 12.1.1 patch, i stop using it before it came out

...altough i think i will try it again because i am frustrated of the often conceeding of the other tactics i ve tryed from here or the ones i created...

ps. if there is any advice or tactic that suits the title of the post i would also be very interested...

I hate 7-2 tactics...I want to win 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 and when i am in a bad day lose 1-0 or draw 0-0, 1-1...

Is it so difficult to make a SOLID tactic?

Archived