Kendal Calling

Swinburn

KENDAL CALLING

Kendal Town

160px-Kendal_Town_FC_logo.png

A Brief History

Kendal Town F.C. is a club based in Kendal, Cumbria. The club are currently members of the Blue Square Bet North after gaining promotion in the 11/12 season and play at Parkside.

Club Overview | Squad | Facilities | Finances

Game Setup

I have loaded the English leagues to the bottom tier available. No other leagues have been loaded, however I have customised the database to include all players based in England, players from top clubs in Europe and players of national reputation in Europe. Altogether, a total of 40000 players have been loaded.

Manager Profile

My Aims

The simple aim is to take Kendal to the top of world football. That being said, it's not going to be easy. I'm looking to immerse myself into this game more than I ever have before. I'll be handling everything a real life manager would. Friendlies, press conferences, training, even scouting certain players or future opponents. After completing all of the continental challenges, I want this to be my final FM 2012 game, so it's destined to be a long ride.

PRE-SEASON 2012

The Squad

Transfers

First port of call was to trim the budget by releasing the deadwood, whilst also improving the squad. Now, anyone who has ever followed my games knows I'm not exactly great with handling finances. I have somewhat of a reputation to break the budget, drag the finances down and save them with epic cup runs. Amazingly, however, I've managed to keep the wage budget £100 under! Glad to have Karius again, he appears to be a common signing for me, despite his erratic nature. He's easily the highest rated player at the club, followed by Tom Murray and Connor Morris.

Friendlies

Blyth | Ayr | Carlisle Reserves | Cardiff | Avon Rockleaze

Pretty good pre-season in my opinion. The results against Blyth and Cardiff gave me a good feeling about the squad and the upcoming season. Bit disappointed to draw with Ayr since I would have liked a 100% win record in friendlies, but still undefeated so a good start.

Let the season begin! Gloucester, here we come!

KENDAL CALLING - 2012/13

Blue Square Bet North

Club Overview | Club Info | Squad | Transfers (1) (2) | Confidence | Finances

Overall, a fairly decent season for Kendal. James Beeston was the player of the year, closely followed by Adam Scorfield. We made some good signings, and as you can see from the transfers page, there's a few potentially brilliant signings ready for next season. As expected, the finances suffered a bit of a blow, but I didn't get as fortunate in the FA Cup as I've previously been. The stadium is getting a 510 seat extension, to be completed early next season.

Blue Square Bet North

League Table | Position Graph

A good first year in the Blue Square Bet North. To begin with, it looked like I may have been pushing towards promotion, but as the season rolled on, the games got harder. We suffered a 'Mark-Hughes-at-Man City-esque' run of draws which ultimately killed the promotion hopes. That being said, the expectation was to avoid relegation and we did just that.

FA Cup

Fixtures

The FA Cup run wasn't one of my best ones as a lowly side. We got fortunate in the qualifying rounds to get three games against lower league opposition. Two big wins against Clitheroe and Glossop. However, despite performing so well in the qualifying rounds, we exited the cup in the first round away at Oldham. Had it been a home tie, things could have been much different.

FA Trophy

Fixtures

Honestly, I was disappointed that we went out of this. I thought this was a winnable competition. I wasn't happy that it took a replay to beat rivals Lancaster, and even then it was by penalties. We did however have two good wins against Blue Square Bet Premier sides Barrow and York. After doing so well to beat them, I was disappointed when we exited the cup in the fourth round against Hayes & Yeading.

Aims For Next Season

I'm hoping that we push further towards promotion. The overall target is the playoff positions and a better FA Cup run to boost the finances, with an FA Trophy win to round it off. I'm also hoping for big things from surprise signing Lauri Dalla Valle.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/300550-Kendal-Calling?p=7646952&viewfull=1#post7646952"]2012/13[/url]         Blue Square North     12th              Avoided Relegation 

Lauri Dalla Valle is an absolute beast. His league form is fantastic and he single-handedly got us into the second round of the FA Cup. We're nicely pushing towards promotion because of him. Another surprise has been the performances from 16 year old left back Kingsley Bolland. I think I may have stumbled across gold here, as he's rated at 4.5 stars already. My 13 judging potential coach says he could be a good Premier Division left back. If that's true, I've struck gold.

• 2 weeks later...

KENDAL CALLING - 2013/14

Blue Square Bet North

Club Overview | Club Info | Squad (Screenshot Missing) | Transfers | Confidence | Finances

Apologies for the lack of squad screenshot, I usually remember it but in this case I'd done the screens and progressed on a bit. Rest assured it'll be in next seasons report.

Blue Square Bet North

League Table | Position Graph

A much better season for us in the league with a nice title win. Not dropping below 13th at any point in the season was a good plus. Lauri Dalla Valle's tremendous season served us very well in the league.

FA Cup

Fixtures

A pretty good cup run that ended in disaster. Three fairly easy wins in the qualifying rounds were followed by a tough home fixture against Stockport that ended in a draw. The replay was phenomenal, with Lauri Dalla Valle stealing the show. The run ended in the second round with this disappointing defeat against Peterborough.

FA Trophy

Fixtures

I described last season's FA Trophy run as a disappointment, but this one was just shameful. We didn't even get out of the qualifying rounds. After Workington took us to a replay, they defeated us in the second qualifying round.

Key Players

Lauri Dalla Valle | Kingsley Bolland | Matthias Fanimo

Matthias Fanimo was one of our most influential players, creating a lot of our attacking movement in his just under half a season at the club. Kingsley Bolland was fantastic in defence, though he should be considering he's rated the best player at the club and a potential Premier League player. Finally, the best till last. Lauri Dalla Valle was an absolutely amazing signing. 31 goals in 42 appearances, including that four against Stockport. Without him, I don't think we would have took the title. Fantastic player.

Aims For Next Season

After gaining promotion, the first point of call would be to survive. Another decent FA Cup run would be nice, but survival is the main thing. I refuse to have another FA Trophy disaster this season, so I'm targeting that trophy. If we can push towards the top half of the table, that'd be ideal. I'm also interested in bringing more young regen talent like Kingsley Bolland in.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/300550-Kendal-Calling?p=7646952&viewfull=1#post7646952"]2012/13[/url]         Blue Square North     12th              Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/300550-Kendal-Calling?p=7678242&viewfull=1#post7678242"]2013/14[/url]         Blue Square North     1st               Promotion

I'm guessing you holidayed through the first season to get Kendal promoted into the playable leagues like they do in Daf's challenge?

If so, do you have an original save before you started? I've been reloading for hours and never get them coming through!

I'm guessing you holidayed through the first season to get Kendal promoted into the playable leagues like they do in Daf's challenge?

If so, do you have an original save before you started? I've been reloading for hours and never get them coming through!

Yep, I holidayed the season. Unfortunately, I continued on the save I had with em on, so I've not got the original :(

Best of luck, I'm sure you can do it :) Are you actually doing Dafuges Challenge, or did something else motivate you?

I've already done Dafuge this year with FC United, this one's similar but with a lot more players loaded. Kendal were the first smaller one that came up that really appealed to me.

Archived