Defense Violation™ | 4-2-3-1

Defense Violation™

Formation

2wdvk48.jpg

About the Tactic

Thanks to Jose Mourinho, I've been inspired to play FM12 again and create a new tactic, an attacking one. The goal of this tactic is to make use of possession and you will find that most of the times you rarely concede a goal. I've made this tactic for my Real Madrid side, but I've tried it with Arsenal (Predicted 6th) and won back to back EPL titles and two Champions League titles. In the Arsenal save I had Sagna so I've moved the attacking full back role to the right side but back in Real Madrid I had Marcelo. You will find both versions of the tactic uploaded (Left full back and right full back).

Player Recommendations

Defenders

RCB - Tackling, Marking, Anticipation, Heading, Concentration, Positioning, Jumping, Strength.

LCB - Tackling, Marking, Passing, Heading, Concentration, Positioning, Jumping, Strength, Acceleration, Balance.

RB - Crossing, Dribbling, Marking, Tackling, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Stamina.

LB - Tackling, Marking, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina.

Midfielders

MCR (Box to Box) - All round midfielder.

MCL (Deep lying mid.) - First Touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork.

AMC (Advanced Playmaker) - Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Teamwork.

AML/R (Wingers) - Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Pace, Agility, Balance.

Strikers

ST (Poacher) - Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace.

Other Information

Pitch size: Max.

Match prep: I left it to Assistant but you can put it on Attacking Movement.

OI's: Do not use oi's at all!

Credits to 19`Jack Wilshl2e from FM-THAI for the poacher instructions

http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=107891

Download

Normal Version

Left Full Back Version

Looks good like the idea of 1 fb going forward, Do you find fb moves to centre back when the other bombs forward?

That was my idea, it was hard to implement into the game but this is as close as I can get in the game.

What if both your fullbacks are equally good wingbacks upfront, so you can choose either one on the weaker/slower fullback of the other team?

I'd probably take a look at the scout report on the opposition team and see where the weaker full back is, so yeah what you said can be applied :)

just one question, im playing with arsenal but ive got Cesar Azplilicueta at right back and im playing Bacaray Sagna at left back.

which formation would you play? Left or Right?

I'd probably play left since Sagna has good crossing stats.

I am going to make a new thread for the new tactic as it is surprisingly well defensively and in attacks (creating an average of 3 ccs per game).

I do not have player filters but I have listed all the attributes needed, I will make player filters for the new tactic though since some people like using it ;)

I wonder. I noticed the only matches you really lost were against big teams.

Would it make sense to use 2 defensive full backs against tougher opposition and thus have no attacking full back. (With this I mean the same setup, the defensive one, for both full backs.)

I wonder. I noticed the only matches you really lost were against big teams.

Would it make sense to use 2 defensive full backs against tougher opposition and thus have no attacking full back. (With this I mean the same setup, the defensive one, for both full backs.)

I didn't change it because it would destroy the purpose of the tactic by making use of your wing back, you can do it though if you are playing with a team with no wingbacks.

@Wijnand fens

Thanks for informing me :D

Quick question, what success did you have with Walcott in the poacher role? I often found he'd be great at getting into the position because of his pace etc. but his finishing and composure isn't the highest so I found he missed a lot of chances. How good was he for you?

Sounds great. Just downloaded your tactic and made a first test. It didn't go well, I had a player sent off around 14", so I changed back to my default tactic to control the rest of the game. Nevertheless I'll give it a go again in the next few matches. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I brought this tactic in as relief to my own which had led me to 4 straight league defeats :( - this tactic brought me a 4-1 away win in the cup and followed that with a 3-0 league win, thanks very much and long may it last!

I brought this tactic in as relief to my own which had led me to 4 straight league defeats :( - this tactic brought me a 4-1 away win in the cup and followed that with a 3-0 league win, thanks very much and long may it last!

Thanks for posting your results mate! Keep me updated

• 4 months later...

Archived