League Cup final-esque

I just played an Olympic semi-final game, managing Spain vs Brazil. I lost in penalties after getting a heroic 2-2 draw with a much depleted and tired squad. The interesting thing though is that in the penalties, we missed every single one! And Brazil only did marginally better; beating us 1-0 after 9 penalties...

Is this due to fatigue (as they shot over and past the goal) as was the case between Cardiff-Liverpool?

And on a related point, the Olympic schedule is ridiculous...a game every 3 days with a very small squad. I've twice had to play De Gea in an outfield position (he played an almost full game in defense vs S.Korea) And 'thankfully' one of my attackers got a serious injury, allowing me to call up a defender for the bronze game, as all my cb's are injure. How do you guys cope?

yeah i did that, everyone plays in at least 2 positions, but i've just lost the bronze game vs ivory coast because i had to play de gea on the wing for 90 mins as i only had jordi alba on the bench who was absolutely dead. the rest were injured and tired. there has to be a better way...

I won the Olympics once with GB, and honestly I think that it must have been due to luck as I only had 1 long term injury and no short term ones. Beat Spain 4-1 in the final after getting an easy ride thus far.

My strategy was to take 2 teams and then alternate between the two.

Archived