[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

European Championship 2032 Review

Hosts - Belgium

Holders - England

Group Stage

Group A - Romania (7); Czech Republic (7); Russia (3); N. Ireland (0).

Group B - Germany (6); Italy (4); Wales (4); Sweden (3).

Group C - Liechtenstein (7); Belgium (6); Croatia (4); Denmark (0).

Group D - Switzerland (5); Netherlands (5); Austria (4); France (1).

Group E - Spain (7); Scotland (4); Poland (3); Turkey (2).

Group F - Portugal (7); Serbia (7); England (3); Norway (0).

Second Round

Italy 2 - 0 Romania

Serbia 2 - 0 Spain

Wales 1 - 2e Germany

Croatia 1 - 3 Portugal

Scotland 0 - 2 Czech Republic

Austria 0 - 2 Liechtenstein

England 1 - 0 Switzerland

Belgium 0 - 1 Netherlands

Quarter Final

Italy 0 - 2 Serbia

Portugal e1 - 0 Germany

Liechtenstein 1 - 2 Czech Republic

Netherlands 1 - 1p England

Semi Final

Serbia 1 - 2 England

Portugal 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Final

England 1 - 1p Czech Republic

Awards

Best Player - Sebastian Zimmermann (Liechtenstein)

Golden Boot - Sebastian Zimmermann; 9 Goals (Liechtenstein)

Dream Team -

|        Player        | Position |     Nation     |
----------------------------------------------------
| Steven Klijn         |    GK    | Netherlands    |
| Lubomir Michalek     |    DR    | Czech Republic |
| Tiago Lopes          |    DL    | Portugal       |
| Antonio Lorge        |    DC    | Portugal       |
| Tonnir Berghuis      |    DC    | Netherlands    |
| Mitchell Broughton   |    MR    | England        |
| Vladimir Prochazka   |    ML    | Czech Republic |
| Dennis Hofmann       |    MC    | Liechtenstein  |
| Dan Zapletal         |    MC    | Czech Republic |
| Sebastian Zimmermann |    ST    | Liechtenstein  |
| Pedro Ferreira       |    ST    | Portugal       |
| Fritz Breu           |   Sub    | Liechtenstein  |
| Fabio Carlos         |   Sub    | Portugal       |
| Stanoje Cvetkovic    |   Sub    | Serbia         |
| Catalin Sabau        |   Sub    | Romania        |
| Hendrik Bachmann     |   Sub    | Liechtenstein  |
| Jorge Martins        |   Sub    | Portugal       |
| Guido Paone          |   Sub    | Italy          |
| Michael Mucha        |   Sub    | Czech Republic |
| Jiri Vyborny         |   Sub    | Czech Republic |
| Marek Plasil         |   Sub    | Czech Republic |
| Lazar Aleksic        |   Sub    | Serbia         |
| Dennie de Graaf      |   Sub    | Netherlands    |

We lost to the eventual winners, that makes we even more happy with our performance :) Potential World Player of the Year for Zimmermann after winning player of the tournament and golden boot?

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent Euro run, very impressive. And losing to the eventual winners is no bad feat! Zimmerman is a great striker, how did Arsenal do this season? Although I'm pretty sure WPY is down to mostly reputation :lol:.

Looking at what you're doing & following your posts you are doing fantastic fair play not sure if could do do it, but would love to give it a shot but can't get the file. Teh file I download is only small 200kb so I know its not that. I'm not sure of where to save it. Thanks.

This thread is a really inspiring read!

I found it a few days ago and think it's an amazing challenge you've set yourself!

I'm currently playing a save where I start unemployed as a former Sunday League footballer. I took over Boston Utd of the Blue Square North in December who were running in 12th but predicted 2nd.

I'm doing okay with them; after a shaky (bad) start have clawed up to 6th just outside the playoffs in March. Although I realised reading your thread that I probably should try focusing on training a bit more. This is an area that I have typically ignored in previous saves, so I really don't know where to begin. Would you have any tips for people like me when it comes to training players and helping them to fulfil they're potential?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That was a brilliant run in the tournament.No shame in losing to the Winners but I'm more surprised at seeing England in the final after their group stage performance

Cheers! It was a bit of an interesting final to be honest, England didn't do so well in a pretty even group, but Czech Republic didn't even top their group, one of the easiest in the competition! I was a little surprised to be honest.

Excellent Euro run, very impressive. And losing to the eventual winners is no bad feat! Zimmerman is a great striker, how did Arsenal do this season? Although I'm pretty sure WPY is down to mostly reputation .

I was hoping since his move to Arsenal and with the awards he has received, his rep would be high enough to be considered :D I don't have the English leagues loaded, but Arsenal did win the Europa League, with Zimmermann scoring in the final!

Zimmerman must be building up quite a rep throughout europe with those stats

Rated as a World class Explosive striker, his biography starts off with FC Ruggell legend Sebastian Zimmermann is truly one of the world football's superstars :D

That was a very good run.

Cheers mate!

That's an amazing European run for you! Definitely made others step up and take notice.

Indeed, I think we announced ourselves on the world stage :) Even if we didn't play (and beat) a major nation.

Looking at what you're doing & following your posts you are doing fantastic fair play not sure if could do do it, but would love to give it a shot but can't get the file. Teh file I download is only small 200kb so I know its not that. I'm not sure of where to save it. Thanks.

The file should go in the Editor Data folder (Go to My Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2012 - Editor Data).

Good run of form in Europe! League form was good but unlucky, missing that boost of Europe but it may enable you to do better in the league next year.

Either way, can't wait for the update!

Cheers mate!

This thread is a really inspiring read!

I found it a few days ago and think it's an amazing challenge you've set yourself!

I'm currently playing a save where I start unemployed as a former Sunday League footballer. I took over Boston Utd of the Blue Square North in December who were running in 12th but predicted 2nd.

I'm doing okay with them; after a shaky (bad) start have clawed up to 6th just outside the playoffs in March. Although I realised reading your thread that I probably should try focusing on training a bit more. This is an area that I have typically ignored in previous saves, so I really don't know where to begin. Would you have any tips for people like me when it comes to training players and helping them to fulfil they're potential?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Creating training schedules is one area I have next to no idea about to be honest, I generally download a set to help me. The only advice I really can give is to make sure your players get plenty of game time. I'm pretty sure that training schedules just define which atttributes will improve as the player progresses, so if you figure out which areas you want your players to improve in, you should be able to create schedules to help give an attribute spread.

What a cracking run you had in the European Championship .

Cheers mate!

I'm going to be honest here, I haven't even thought about playing Football Manager for a couple of weeks now. Life's just been busy (and I got re-addicted to Borderlands, but that's another matter entirely). Anyway, I'm not sure how many season's I'll actually get through before FM13 comes out (and I plan to start a new save from the get go with that, as next year will be extremely busy and I will need to get my FM fix before it!) I'm just basically saying that I might not get Liechtenstein to a World Cup final before embarking on my first FM13 save :D (which, by the way, will NOT be a youth challenge, I've had enough youth with this save for a while!)

amazing run in the European Championship. Really enjoying this epic career thread.

Cheers mate!

Started playing the save occasionally, made it through to the last week of August at the moment. My life should start to ease up soon, so we can all get back into the Liechtenstein action ;)

Well, came into work this morning nice and early and thought I will have a little look at SI whilst having my first coffee. 4 hours later and I have just finished reading this from start to finish. Not yet picked up one file of papers at work, well done mate this is great, a brilliant way for me to use my early morning start.

• 1 year later...

So, uh, you'll never guess what's back.

FC Ruggell 2032/33 July - September Review

July 2032

july32.png

We started the season with a couple of relatively easy Europa League games, besting Bosnian side Sarajevo and Bulgarian side Litex. The league was a different story however, as we lost to Zurich before drawing St Gallen, to start the season with a single point.

August 2032

augsut32.png

Our league hardships continued into August, with Basel beginning the month by destroying us 1-4. Sion also kept us win less with a 1-1 draw. However, we were able to shape up slightly for the rest of the month, picking up 2 wins a loss from the remaining 3 games. Europe was solid for us, advancing to the group stage once again.

September 2032

september32.png

September was a strange month. When we won, we won big. Really big. However, none of those games came in the Super League, so we were left again without a win for the month, losing out to Xamax and Zurich once again.

League Standings

leageuq1.png

2nd last is not the best way to begin the new season! We've shwon that we do have talent, beating current top spot Young Boys 2-0, but the rest of our games in the league have been pretty bad. If we can somehow capture our European form for the league, we could easily finish top half.

Europa League Group

2 wins from 2 leaves us top of the group. We'll have a tough time with Palermo, but I feel we can advance from this group.

------------------------------------------

Ok, so it's been a while since I updated this (little bit of an understatement there). Basically, I had a few things go wrong for my family and I at the end of last year, and FM was the last thing on my mind. Then, I started university at the beginning of this year. Now that I've transitioned well into this year, the urge to play FM came back! Picked the game back up about a month ago. After a few seasons in Brazil (really fun league, highly recommend it), I finally opened up this save for the first time in around to a year. Turns out I was already halfway through September when I left it. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with this for a little while now! I lost a few of my files relating to this thread (player total games/goals and stuff to that effect), but I should be able to get back into this whole updating thing.

Great to see this back, was one of my favourite threads to read! Good luck with the season, I'm sure your league form will pick up.

Cheers man! Good to be playing this game again as well. Really enjoying it!

-----------------------------

FC Ruggell 2032/33 October - December Review

October 2032

october32.png

October was a brilliantly month for us, as we began to have a resurgence. 3 wins in 4 games in the league, and a fantastic win over Palermo in Europe gave us immense confidence of progressing in the Europa League. Schneider is just as brilliantly as when I left, the veteran notching up 8 goals in 6 games.

November 2032

november32.png

November was a bit of a reality check for us. Palermo paid us back for a win over them by thrashing us 4-1 in Italy. IN the league, we suffered 3 losses in 4, a reverse of October. Our losses to Thun and Aarau were particularly tough to swallow, as we should be beating these teams.

December 2032

december32.png

Thankfully, we ended the year well, with no losses in December. We secured top spot in our group in Europe, as well as getting revenge against Thun to push us to 5th on the table.

League Standings

leagueq2.png

This season is really showing our defensive frailties. This is further compounded by the fact our star centre back Oliver Hopp is wanted all over Europe, by AC Milan, Juventus, Malaga and Everton. I hope we manage to get a good defensive youth intake soon before this problem gets worse.

We get top spot, but we probably won't go much further. Juventus is one of the toughest teams to play against. If we manage to get a miracle win over Juventus however, we should get to the quarter finals, as our potential teams in the 2nd round are relatively weak.

Liechtenstein 2032 Review

Senior

Rankings | Fixtures | Qualification Group

Fantastic year for Liechtenstein, with our quarter final appearance at the Euros getting us to a high of 15th on the world rankings. Our world cup qualification isn't going as great as I would have hoped, but I'm confident of getting 2nd by the end of it.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualification Group

No wins, I guess it's due to me poaching all the great players for the national teams!

U19

Manager | Fixtures| Qualification Group

Same as the U21's, not much of a chance against the strong youth nations.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | World Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |   119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |   145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |   185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |   137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |   187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |   202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |   197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |   206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |   208      |   -2       |