No Matter What I Try - Frustrating Tactic Talk.

Hi, I'm guessing you get a few of these threads a day but I need help with the tactics side of FM, I am by no means new to the game, I've been playing since FM 2005 but no matter what I try on this game I can't get a tactic to work, even started a game with City and still couldn't get a string of results going, it's very frustrating. I need to go back to basics but what would you suggest? I really want to play the 'Barca' way if you know what I mean, keep possession of the ball, closing down quickly when I'm not on the ball etc but I can't seem to figure out how to get my team playing like that. I use the Tactic creator these days and don't bother with the sliders, is that the right thing to do? Just want to enjoy FM again.

Cheers for any advice.

Use a decent team and check out Cleons 442 counter attack tactic in the SI thread..... i'm using it at Spurs and I love it. Make sure you copy the shouts too.....

If you don't think it's tactics, then it could definitely be a motivation/teamtalk issue. When at a big club I keep a coach on staff with maximum motivating/man management to take my teamtalks and give me good advice when I need to hold a team meeting. Frankly I hate the teamtalks this year, I think they make almost no sense at all.

Archived