A Royally Good Story

Rick87

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to this, My first career on these boards. I hope you enjoy it! ;)

I have downloaded FMUpdates's excellent expansion data which makes tiers seven and eight of England playable as well as numerous regional cups.

Now as my local side (Gresley FC) haven't quite reached level eight yet (Although there's a good chance they will be there next season) I have decided to go back to my place of birth instead;

sutton-coldfield-sign-784345675.jpg

Situated on the Northern boundary of Birmingham with a population of just over 100,000, Sutton is a leafy middle class suburb that was a self governing town up until the mid-70's when it became part of the wider Birmingham constituency.

The town is famous for it's parkland, Sutton park is one of the largest urban parks in the world with almost 2,250 acres of land, Those lands are where the town's main football club came to be;

Sutton Coldfield Town FC

Sutton_Coldfield_Town_FC_logo.png

Founded: 1879

Nickname: The Royals

Current Division: Evo-Stick Northern League Division One South

Ground: Coles Lane

Capacity: 4500 (2000 seated)

Rivals: Romulus, Hednesford, Tamworth, Aston Villa, Burton Albion, Walsall, Chasetown

The club has a small but loyal following in the area, but its fanbase suffers due to the proximity to Aston Villa who draw most of their support from the surrounding areas, My short term is to get more bums on seats at Coles lane in order to generate the cash required in order to push forward in the future. We receive a small amount each year in rent from divisional rivals Romulus with whom we share a ground which should help.

My initial squad isn't too bad, but could certainly do with some reinforcements;

squad-10.png

My pre-season schedule looks like this;

1st July Stratford Town (A)

5th July Tamworth (H)

16th July Racing Club Warwick (A)

24th July Aston Villa Reserves (H)

31st July Boldmere St. Michaels (A)

7th August Welshpool (H)

The friendly with Villa's reserves is expected to garner £18k which will be very useful, The Tamworth game should also bring in a fair amount to add to the kitty.

The competitive season opens away to Ilkeston before the visit of Sheffield FC to Coles Lane. In addition to the league we shall also be competing in the FA Cup, FA Trophy, Doodson's Sports Cup and the Birmingham Senior Challenge Cup. I'm intrested to see if I can help the club to equal their best ever performances in the FA cup where they have twice reached the first round proper, Taking Doncaster Rovers to a replay at Belle Vue in 1982 and later putting up a good fight in a spirited 2-0 loss to Bolton Wanderers at Coles Lane in 1993.

Just a few errors here, Rick...

We don't do stories, we do updates (there's a sticky about that...)

We don't use "Excellent Updates" (there's a sticky about that...)

We don't name players (there's a sticky about that...)

Do you want this Story moved to the "Stories" forum?

We're kind of bouncing you around a bit, I'm afraid. Welcome to FMS, but do please read the house rules before proceeding. We all have our little foibles but once that gets sorted we're looking forward to seeing how you do.

Archived