Tactic like Germany?

Any advice on getting your team like the current German national team does?

They hold the ball well, while at the same time play fast direct technical football and are clinical on breakaways with speed and precision.

For me, this is more beautiful and exciting football then what the current Barcelona team is playing.

Any advice how to get my team to play like them?

Well, as with Barca, the first thing you need are players who can competently fill the roles that it requires. After that, a balanced 4231/42211 (with two defensive midfielders) with one flank (typically the right) being more offensive than the other. The centre forward should be a Complete or Deep-lying forward (positioned in the CFL position) on support duty while the "false playmaker" (positioned in AMCR position) would probably be an Attacking Midfielder (Attack). On the "support" flank, use a standard Winger (Support) and Wingback (Support) while on the "attack" flank, I would use a Winger (Attack) with wide play set to "Normal" and probably an overlapping Wingback (Attack) to encourage him to cut inside. In midfield, you want a deep playmaker (Defend) alongside a more traditional supporting Defensive Midfielder. At the back, I would have one standard centreback (Badstuber) and a slightly more adventurous ball-playing defender (Hummels). Keeper is just a keeper.

Against more defensive teams, lower passing distance, press more and increase creative freedom. Against more aggressive teams, I would switch both wingbacks to fullbacks on support duty, convert your supporting DM to defend duty, play more direct, more disciplined and stand off more to invite counterattacking opportunities.

Archived