FM12: Curtis Nelson - quality, cheap young English defender

clokey1988

Curtis Nelson is a young English centre-back who starts the game at Plymouth Argyle, in the fourth tier of English football. He can also play as a right-back and has loads of positions at competent or less.

Here he is at the start of the game:

CurtisNelsonOverview_Attributes.png

CurtisNelsonOverview_Positions.png

Plymouth will accept bids of anything above 120k (pounds sterling, haven't got a pound sign on this laptop for some reason!). And I can pretty much guarantee that it will turn out to be an excellent investment.

Nelson's PA is:

So he can easily go on to become a top-flight footballer and at worse should make you a healthy bit of profit when he develops a bit. Here he is at the beginning of the 6th season in my game:

CurtisNelsonOverview_Attributes-2.png

As you can see he has developed a lot and been with me every step of the way on my way up the leagues. He hasn't looked out of place in the Premiership at all. He's a superb investment for lower-league teams with a little bit of cash to spare.

Any other experiences with him?

Cheers.

he is good. As a student in plymouth I follow the argyle team very closely as it's the nearest thing to top flight football you're getting.

This guy is looking a top player IRL, and I always pick him up at start due to english. Must buy for any team up to Mid Prem (When Developed)

How can you say he'll never make it big time? With his PA & starting attributes he has a chance of being a very good player provided you train him right as the OP has.

157 PA...

over 165 i reckon is big time , like never gunna be a Man Utd/Man City/Barca/Real Player is what I was trying to say pal

yeah he is great - picked him up at the start of the game for virtually nothing and now he is a super valuable squad player for my top 4-contending leeds team. he's a bit like a john o'shea for man u a couple of years ago type player for me - never first on the team sheet but I use him as cover at cb, rb & dm and he always does a steady job and gets plenty of game time. have never looked to sell him so not sure what he would be worth once he develops but i'm in my fourth season with leeds and he is very handy - especially considering small outlay, english etc

• 4 months later...

Shall give this a bump, been a cracking defender for a few seasons now. Picked him up on a compensation deal from Plymouth after remembering his name from this thread. Have played him at center back for 2013/14, and 2014/15 and right back in the last two seasons in the Premier League. Due to my lack of training facilities I hadn't the opportunity to work on his marking, so started him off on intensive tackling as soon as he joined, and ended up with 20 at the end, which is always nice. Will be most likely moving him on this summer, but wanted to give him a mention before I do.

7980829893_a03b9edab5_b.jpg

7980835292_beaefd8564_b.jpg

A few reasons- trying to move him on whilst his price is high really, have spent quite a bit on transfers so need to balance the books; I have a young right back who needs games, along with Chalobah, whilst I'm trying to move to a three at the back.

Archived