Opposition Scout Report, how to use it?

I have a scout looking at my next opposition, he has high stats in JPA and Tactical Knowledge so the information he brings back is good.

But how do you use this information to make a game plan? Decide which mentality to use etc

What are the key things to look out for?

Personally I don't even have a scout analysing the opposition as those reports were never a reference to me. I don't change my tactic for every opponent, but if you do then look for what he says about the opposition's tempo, width, etc.

Lots of ways to interpret the information presented:

- You can see their last match, so you can see how they fared against a particular opponent (good team or bad team? big win so their morale is up, big loss so their morale is down etc)

- You can see which part of the ground their goals and assists come from - allows you to pinpoint a particular threat of combination (i.e. pass/cross from left winger to a particular striker)

- And the opposite, you can see from where they've conceded their goals and where the assists came from so you can pinpoint a particular weakness

- the team report shows where the oppo have strength on depth, or particular weaknesses. Are their fullbacks all rubbish? do they have particularly good strikers and that is all, etc.

I don't use it as much as I should but there's definitely plenty there to use if you spend the time looking for it.

i prefer watching their previous 1/2 games.sometimes just goals or the highlights just to get a look at there formation,attacking full-backs,high/deep defensive line,who is the attacking midfielder,which striker drops deeper.you can then plan your strategy on how you've seen them play.

Archived