FM12 corrupting Save games

psycho1970

Before any one says I've posted this in wrong forum, I've posted in bugs and technical issues were there is several threads created within the last 24 hours.

This thread is to let any editor or persons downloading Custom Dbs that if you start a holiday game/normal game when it comes to saving either manually or by auto save FM closes and the save game files become corrupt, this has nothing to do with the custom databases being created as I have FM12 on 2 PC's 1 is set online with steam and the other is offline when I start and save a game on the 1 which is offline everythings fine, I tried to load a game on the offline one using a save created on the online pc and it crashed.

Unfortunately no one from SI Games is responding to any issues as their currently reshuffling their roles (a bit of info I picked up from another thread).

I for one am getting fed up with steam updating the game/platform without any warning and even if you go into download history theres no mention of when or whats been updated, I suggest that once this issue has been resolved that everyone unticks the update automatically in steam.

Neil Brock has got back to me in the technical and crashes sub-forum, Unfortunately SI Games have got their heads stuck in the sand on this and are blaming it mainly on peoples PCs, now as I have 2 FM12 running on 2 PCs this is highly unlikely and the fact that 25 people approx have reported the same or a similar problem within the last 24 hours.

I've now got to the point where if SI Games wont or cant fix this problem within the next 24 hours then I will be quitting using/buying Football manager and will wait for a another management game to come along to rival them, While FM12 showed a lot of promise the fact that it remains pretty much unplayable after 7 month's after its release its been a waste of money.

• Administrators

Have to disagree entirely with this. Some users ARE having an issue with corrupting save games which we're very much looking into. However your specific issue, as I tried to explain in the other thread, means you cannot start a new game. That's why I'm suggesting it's related to your set-up. Your issue is not the same issue other users are encountering. But yes, we are aware there is a corruption issue occuring for some users and it's very much something we're looking into.

The fact there's a rather large number of users NOT encountering this issue would suggest it's not widespread. Likewise in no way whatsoever are we sticking our heads in the sand.

First off I have to apologize to Neil, after extensive trouble shooting and testing it seems it is my edited Db that is causing the problem, what flummoxed me was the fact that is was corrupting the save game after a few saves but if I just ran the game without auto-saving or manually saving then it would run for continuous seasons (last holiday game I did without saving ran till 2037 until I stopped it and manually tried to save) I think I know the solution know but still cant quite understand why it corrupted the saves but didn't crash dump while running.

I still stand by what I said though about this version being the worst one for issues and hope SI Games learn from this year and make FM13 more stable. If neil would like to see my edited Db and corrupted save game so he and his team can maybe get a better understanding of whats happening then Im happy to send them via PM or any other way and assist them in any way I can.

Once again I offer my apologies to Neil and SI Games

Psycho1970...

• Administrators

I appreicate you taking the time to come back and apologise. Yeah, if you could please upload the save game and the edited db to our FTP we'd very much like to take a look. FTP details can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

If you do upload please remember to let us know the file names. Thanks.

Archived