[FM12] San Marino Calcio

Dave.

SAN MARINO CALCIO SRL

2019 YOUTH PLAYER DAY

San_Marino_Calcio_logo.png

2019Youth.png

It was a fairly mediocre intake on the most part, but yet again we seem to have uncovered a starlet. I don't know whether it's pure luck or something else, but for four of the past five years we've produced a player who undoubtedly is going to be huge for San Marino. This year it's Kevin Belleggia. The one problem I have with him is that we don't actually use attacking midfielders, but I've got quite a while to retrain him as a central midfielder, so that's not an issue. I can see him forming an excellent Serie A central midfield all-Sammarinese partnership with Balzano in the future.

I haven't posted in here for a while and you seem to be making excellent progress in the league. Some great players that you're bringing through as well. Bonato, Balzano and Belleggia (triple B!) all look like they could be world class in the future, which bodes very well for the Sammarinese national team. They all come through so young as well, in my games in Italy the academy graduates are at least fifteen. Imagine what will happen when your facilities are maxed out or even just improved.

A few of questions though:

If you get into Europe, will your progress count towards San Marino's coefficient or Italy's? Are you signing the 1 and 1.5 star Sammarinese prospects from your intakes (I presume they are or will be better than the dross that San Marino starts off with)? And finally how many of your youngsters are playing for the senior national team?

Good to see San Marinese clubs doing better.

It is indeed! Hoping that wasn't just a lucky blip and they can continue to improve.

I haven't posted in here for a while and you seem to be making excellent progress in the league. Some great players that you're bringing through as well. Bonato, Balzano and Belleggia (triple B!) all look like they could be world class in the future, which bodes very well for the Sammarinese national team. They all come through so young as well, in my games in Italy the academy graduates are at least fifteen. Imagine what will happen when your facilities are maxed out or even just improved.

A few of questions though:

If you get into Europe, will your progress count towards San Marino's coefficient or Italy's? Are you signing the 1 and 1.5 star Sammarinese prospects from your intakes (I presume they are or will be better than the dross that San Marino starts off with)? And finally how many of your youngsters are playing for the senior national team?

I've no idea why they're coming through so young either, its always been 16 or so in previous games. Triple B indeed, they could definitely be a threat to San Marino's status as Europe's worst football team!

If I get into Europe, I believe our coefficient will count towards Italy unfortunately. We may be based in San Marino (stadium and city wise) but everything else about us indicates we're an Italian club. It's a shame; I would have liked our success to have more of an immediate impact on Sammarinese football. We're going to have to rely on the clubs in San Marino to improve their coefficient over a long period of time.

I'm trying to sign all the Sammarinese players that come through, yes, and stick with only the better Italian players. Only three of my players (currently at the club) have played for the senior national team at the moment - Sanna and Solari (YPs 1 and 2) both have 2 caps, and Beniamino Luise (YP3), who has not seen any first team action at the club, has appeared for them 21 times. Kinda puzzling that the likes of Balzano and Casonato have not interested Mazza yet, but they're both still young and appearing in plenty of matches for the U21s. If and when I ever get the national team job, I'll look to change that.

He looks potentially world class.

Indeed he does, I'm just hoping I'll be able to hold onto him and the likes of Bonato and Balzano to see them develop.

It's the last day of the season and the table looks like this:

2019SerieBLastDay.png

Ascoli and ourselves both have challenging but potentially winnable away games, to Reggiana and Livorno respectively. Ascoli have a better head to head record than us, so we need to win the game and not just draw it to ensure promotion.

I paid Mazza a little vist last night lol...but looking at the standings, I believe in Serie B if the 3rd place team is 10 points above the 4th place team all top 3 teams in serie b will be promoted without the #3-6 seeds going into a playoff for the final promotion spot to Serie A. Not sure if that rule still exists though

Archived