Trouble uploading a tactic view skin...

Paul Barton

I have been messing around with this for about 3 hours now and have had no luck! I read in the Tactics Forum about a "tactics slider view" skin that i want to use but i have had no luck uploading the file.

I tried to follow the help guide which is on here but that didn't work (unless i have done something wrong) - Below is the current view i have. I had to create the folder "Skins" and after downloading the file, i copied and pasted the files into this folder - went into FM preferences and then "uploaded skin" - but it didn't work....

These are the steps i followed:

1/ Downloaded the file (zip file) from the thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292499-Tactics-Creating-your-own-tactic

2/ C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012

3/ Created a folder here called "skins"

4/ extracted the contents of part 1 into this folder

5/ uploaded FM and followed the instructions from the "upload skin" section of the help guide here....but i can't get the skin to work!

Any help would be appreciated!

I find it always work when after you have downloaded it place it on you desktop then unzip it. After that go into the folder on your desktop ONCE and move that folder to the skins folder you created.

right, i created a skins folder. I then downloaded the tactics view which i wanted. Its half way down this page: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292499-Tactics-Creating-your-own-tactic/page2

I am then left with a folder (Zip folder) which i click into. I don't have to extract anything - it's just a folder with 2 XML documents in and 3 folders - 2 of which have files in. I add this file into the "skins" folder i made and try upload it via FM12 but nothing is there?

IIRC the skins folder should create itself when you first run the game. Could be wrong but that's what I seem to remember.

If you are creating a folder then make sure it's in the right place - ie your user data folder. There should be other folders in the directory for save games and such. You can always check where you user data folder is by looking within game preferences - it's location is shown there (you can also change it from there).

Obviously if you're sure everything is in the right place, make sure you're doing the final steps (unicking use skin cache and ticking reload game on confirm).

You have extracted the "tactic skin" folder from inside the "tactic skin.zip" file and copied the folder into the skins folder?

Then went to Preferences -> Display & Sound and the skin is not on the "Skin" dropdown under "Window Settings"?

His skin is the same as the default one. The only difference being when you select one of the options here:

JJHW2.jpg

You are then able to view more player attributes than the default ones which are related to each tactical instruction:

AmhXp.jpg

So basically, if you selected the Run From Deep squad view in the tactics screen with the default skin, you would only see each players' "Decisions" and "Off the ball" attributes like this:

W6juu.jpg

However with LlamaZa's skin, you see a lot more (as shown in the second screenshot) :)

Hope that helps

Regards

Shiraz

Archived