What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that's occurred to me is that the leagues, other than anything in the database to start with, never change format. Everything just remains frozen in time, yet in real life the rules are constantly in flux.

Things like these should randomly have events occur where the league decides to make a change

* Number of foreign players allowed in starting XI/team/squad.

* Number of subs allowed

* Squad registration rules

* Home grown rules

* Number of teams in the league

* League format (single season, split season, etc)

* Number of promotion/relegation slots

* Even the number of cups in a country ... apart from the main one the side cups should go in and out of existence like they have historically

I think it would add an exciting element if a message came through that there was going to be a limit on foreign players in 2 years time and all the clubs had to scramble to sign local players and trim their squads. Or imagine you're a cellar-dweller club and the league announces its contracting to two fewer teams ... really puts the pressure on for the next season!

Obviously you'd have to balance the frequency and severity of the events: a league with no restrictions shouldn't suddenly go to two foreign players allowed, but it could gradually introduce limits.

Not hardcoding the host nations and cup final venues. It'd be great to have the Champions League final at your stadium if you've worked up from the bottom and ended up becoming world greats and whatnot. It would add a nice bit of difference too, rather than everyone having the same.

Lately it has seemed that the FM is just too easy. The main reason is that it's simple to build a great team in a 2-3 years. You just sign and buy everything you can for small fees, loan them out for a small profit sell them after a while for a large profit, win something along the way. Rinse and repeat and you'll have gone from small club to top 20 in a couple of years.

In the meanwhile most AI teams essentially do nothing.

So, here I offer some ideas to level the field a bit.

AI staff hiring

I'd like to see AI managers be more aggressive in hiring staff. There are a lots of good clubs that have only a few coaches and scouts of bad quality.

Training schedules

I'd like to see more default schedules, preferably for every single role from sweeper to b2b midfielder to deep lying forward.

Why? To bridge the gap between human intelligence and AI.

I have to assume that the AI uses the same default schedules that we have access to. More schedules would make your job easier and crucially allow the AI to develop their players more efficiently.

Also assigning coaches to schedules should be more optimized. I assume that the AI uses the automatic assign button that is far from perfect.

Wage demands

It seems that the players (and staff too) demand wages first based on their reputation and second based on their ability. I think this should be the other way round. (Not to say that the rep shouldn't have an effect.)

For human player it's easy to pick out the players that demand lower wages than their ability warrants. For AI it's very hard.

This would level the field between AI and Human financially.

Star ratings

I think that the CA and PA should be hidden from AI and Human player completely.

Instead there could be a calculated rating (something you see in fmrte or genie - based on the attributes) for the players best role (in place of CA) and a predicted rating for that same role (in place of PA) calculated from age, personality and current level.

Scouts

I'd like every scout to have a list of players (from countries they have been scouting) in hand for each role/position. One for players that would be improvements, one for rotation players, one for backups and one for hot prospects. That would give you a nice list of players when you combine all your scouts' shortlists.

More importantly, it would give a nice list for the AI teams!

Large squads

I think that the wheel-and-deal should be nerfed.

I suggest that there should be more problems with larger squads. The player's get unhappy when they don't get enough football, the teamspirit suffers from too many newcomers. Players get unhappy with each other. Players get unhappy because other players are unhappy. Your team starts performing poorly. They lose faith in you. You get sacked. That kind of snowballing scheme would probably do it! :)

edit: A more severe and transparent punishment for signing players that don't speak the team's language. Overall more transparent problemacy with blending into the existing team.

Unrelatedly, I would welcome a utility to port a saved game from one version to the other. Starting from scratch every year is not good. ;)

How would that work?

1. Load an old game.

2. Create a new game with the same leagues loaded and set it to start from the date of the old game.

3. Mark every piece of data in new game.

4. Copy every piece of data from old game to the new game. If the data does not exist, then create it. If there's a problem, log it (so it can be handled manually) and keep the data unchanged. Unmark the relevant piece of data.

5. Remove all the marked data from the new game.

1. The colours of the player status indicators have been brilliant over the years (i.e. inj, ine, pr), I just wonder whether they can be updated in order to give more detail to the meaning. For example being able to show whether the PR is a positive or negative reaction at a glance by using a secondary gel coloured layer rather than requiring a mouse float over action ??

2. When a transfer is negotiated on, make some indication on the transfer screen to this effect (i.e. change of colour) so that you can tell that it no longer requires action when next to a large amount of other offers.

3. When offering a player out on loan, it would be nice to be able to set the amount of loan time wanted by the club (i.e. full season) and have this set by default within team policy (like with the wage contribution).

4. Be allowed to take off a partially injured player when three subs have already been made (i.e. go down to 10 men by choice), in order to stop a full injury from occurring.

5. Put in year of last back room meeting (I know is pedantic but could be years for me between holding these meetings)

6. In Team Policy be able to set a default time to go into tactics view during the game (i.e. 60 mins).

7. Have a more graphical representation of where all your scout’s assignments are collectively located in the world (i.e. a GIS map)

8. Have a tactical review option after the match so that you can use recorded footage of the match and suggest a different course of play, which would ultimately reconfigure you primary tactics (i.e. play with more width, play more direct etc).

9. I would love multi monitor support

10. Also I would love the ability to carry on interacting with the db while a match is being played without stopping the simulation (i.e. search for a player or fiddle with training)

11. When you receive the contract expire message in manager notes, have a button next to “Offer Contract” which is “Release on Free” as this is my normal action

12. In Calendar drop down at the top of the screen, it would be good to have the competition in (brackets)

13. In the fixture list, it would be nice to have a info (i) icon next to each team showing their league position and 5 match recent form (as I often rotate my team and would like to know whether the next team have crap form or not)

14. When the game is minimized does it still simulate at normal speed ?? An option in ‘Game Preferences’ to enable this would be good.

15. Make “slight concern” from a player when being put into reserves only happen after one first team match has occurred (I use the reserve team to reorder my team)

16. In “Team Policy” be able to set when player is listed for transfer have the option to make the player "unavailable for loan"

17. If a club has a "first option" on one of your players, treat that as a subscription that can be unsubscribed too

18. When you offer a player for sale more than once, the starting price should be the new set price as this would normally just keeping getting lower until a team is ready to deal.

19. If a player is set for loan but not for transfer, when “offer to club” is pressed, automatically choose loan as the default offer

20. Have the number of “manager of the month” awards on the manager profile page

21. Have an assistant manager stat for “talking to press” (however I think this may already be a hidden stat)

22. It would be nice to be able to select each individual training category (i.e. Attacking, Shooting) so that it expands and show which coaches are assigned to that corresponding category

23. Would be nice to have a confidence percentage for you assistant manager so that you can decide whether or not to send him to a press conference (i.e. bigger matches he may be less confident in talking that day)

24. In the finance salary section, have a row for “On Loan” players, which shows the proportion of salary still being paid by the club

Another thing, AC Milan and Inter Milan shares the same stadium.

BUT, in game, Inter's stadium is Guiseppe Meazza, whilst Milan's stadium is the San Siro!

It doesn't even make sense!

It makes perfect sense.

In real life the stadium is called the San Siro, but it has been named and honoured after Guiseppe Meazza, who is Inter's greatest ever player.

So AC Milan call the stadium the San Siro, and Inter call it the Guiseppe Meazza.

I am also a supporter of the option to become a chairman after you finish your managerial career in the game, so you can spend your managerial earnings. If this doesn't get incorporated into the game then there are two options; a different way of spending the otherwise meaningless 'managerial earnings' figure, or just delete the managerial earnings figure from the game. I don't think it can go on just being there but meaning nothing, if you get me.

As I understand it, there isn't any support for the possibility to be a chairman, what with the game being called Football Manager

HOWEVER I do think that the director of football role should be brought into this game as an AI role. Whether it should be a human role....I'm not sure! See how it works and goes, and if all is well, bring in the human element for FM14

Not going to be high on the to do list in most peoples minds but for a MLS player like me it be nice if the big name players were more inclined to join or re-join european clubs during the off season in the states. For example Henry joining Arsenal which is obviously a former club or Donovan who keeps returning to Everton on loan.

To do this though I think more players would have to be interested in money spinning moves to the states in the first place. Currently in the game Henry, Keane, becks etc....would never have moved to the states at the time they did in real life. wouldnt have even entertained the idea.

I am also a supporter of the option to become a chairman after you finish your managerial career in the game, so you can spend your managerial earnings. If this doesn't get incorporated into the game then there are two options; a different way of spending the otherwise meaningless 'managerial earnings' figure, or just delete the managerial earnings figure from the game. I don't think it can go on just being there but meaning nothing, if you get me.

The opening post of the thread makes something very clear:

Just to clarify a few things mind, at no point will we ever allow Manager's to spend their wages/invest into the club so I wouldn't suggest that one.

I do not know how much the game cares about the managerial wages (I'm guessing not much if at all).

BUT!

I do think it's a form of cheating to negotiate yourself a contract of a few thousand pounds per week when the club is offering you 50k. I did this in 2011 when i got Hereford to the top.

Thus, maybe you shouldn't be able to negotiate lower than they are offering you.

You just might consider this a bug - no manager in their right mind would turn down that extra 50k per week. ;)

I suggest that a club should offer you a contract of what they think you're worth and you could only negotiate the length, not the weekly wage.

EDIT: I haven't paid attention to how FM2012 handles this, so it might have been fixed.

Interactive chairman and board members. I mean lets say I created the Cosmos and Pele is on the board, but in FM this would be meaningless. I don't know what they could do but I would just like to see more involvement with the board.

Director of Football-GET THEM TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING-All they would have to do is be kinda similar to Assistant Manager except more proactive when it comes to looking at players. Perhaps they are able to interpret your style of football and recommend players that would suit the team or even recommend what style of football your team should play with players available. Not everyone has a DOF of course but they should be there.

Put simply they just need to make a bigger deal out of things. Winning the world cup is nothing in the game(at least not in FM11)

Interactive chairman and board members. I mean lets say I created the Cosmos and Pele is on the board, but in FM this would be meaningless. I don't know what they could do but I would just like to see more involvement with the board.

Director of Football-GET THEM TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING-All they would have to do is be kinda similar to Assistant Manager except more proactive when it comes to looking at players. Perhaps they are able to interpret your style of football and recommend players that would suit the team or even recommend what style of football your team should play with players available. Not everyone has a DOF of course but they should be there.

Put simply they just need to make a bigger deal out of things. Winning the world cup is nothing in the game(at least not in FM11)

Very good point. Fair enough at many clubs the board and directors etc do not play an impact in what happens.

BUT at others they do. Theres many famous (through there own ego) chairman, cheif ex, directors of football who change clubs regularly etc. Would be nice to see this in.

Also directors of football as mentioned above need to do something or atleast have some role to play. Many get wasted and never used in the game again. There are plenty more famous but the first that comes to mind for me is Paul Marriner at Toronto. Was previously manager of Plymouth etc...but on the game is Director of Football at Toronto. Now in Real life when Toronto sacked Aron Winter they appointed Marriner from Director Of Football to Manager. In the game even if Winter gets sacked at Toronto there is no way marriner will get offered the managers job there or at any club. In fact you cant even click him and bring his profile up. He is now just a nmae on a club list of members.

I'd like to see scouting costs and time frames become more realistic. Currently you send your scouts to a nation and they come back with several reports which are overly detailed quite quickly.

i'd prefer something like the following

Send scout to Nation A generates a cost £ for travel and then a cost per day whilst being there. Limited facts from players to be made reasonably quickly as it would normally by scout making inquiries within said nation. Then the detail should arrive in real time following the scout attending games.

Currently it is too easy and this might add additional costs and a slower rate of reveal

I've just been loaning some youngsters out and a couple of things sprang to mind:

1 - When you offer a player for loan there should be more interaction. Its fine if the clubs come back with your terms i.e. season long but what if the club cannot take another player for that duration but would like to take them for 1/3 months etc. When they make the offer a little note from the manager saying "we have a full compliment on season long but could we take him for 3 months?" You can then decide whether you are happy to do so

2 - related to the first point your decision should be interactive i.e. yes is fairly obvious but if you decline you should be able to say why i.e. he needs stability that a 1 month wont give him. How these discussions go should also work towards manager relationships

3 - I may have missed it but something in the player interactions to say i want to send you on loan to a {level} club. A discussion could be had i.e. the player wants to play higher but you feel he needs to learn at a lower level. Depending on his professionalism etc he will agree / disagree and this should make it easier to loan him to lower league clubs. This could even be stretched to recommending clubs (and then being able to target specific clubs to loan players to)

4 - It would be good if managers (especially lower league clubs) approached you about helping them out. I am sure championship clubs (and probably lower too) do this where by they approach say man utd and enquire as to whether there are any players (perhaps in x position) available for loan. You could then consider your squad and either recommend a couple you'd allow or decline. Again this should all be interactive conversation/negotiation

About your last point: I know for a fact that this happens a lot in real life. Take my club Feyenoord for example, who were kicked out off the Champions League last night by Dynamo Kiev. Feyenoord played excellent, but they just don't have a good striker and therefore miss too many chances. Last year they had the same problem and our technical director went to Man City to ask: "Guys, you have plenty of strikers, we don't. And we don't have any money either. Can you help us out?" They gave us John Guidetti for a season, who played excellent for us. This year they're trying to do the same thing. Excellent suggestion there.

Super simple one. I'd just like to be able to see players' total competitive appearances, not just league appearances, in their history.

Remember in old CM that it used to be great when you took a glance at some veteran player who you'd brought up from the youth ranks, and noticed he was approaching his 500/750 etc appearance. Don't see that now.

Give agent the favored club thing

So when they have a club as a favored club they could offer discounts and offer them his clients more

as opposed to the great rival where the agent would ask twice as much and not offer them his clients or sometimes not even talk to them for any of his clients!

the only problem would be what if a guy who supports Inter milan has a agent who supports AC milan?

the player could sack his agent for someone else then maybe one who supports then same club as him or an impartial one.

There are alot of things that I think would improve FM, I'll mention some of them.

Revamped Training Module and Training Camps

We need the Training System revamped. The slider system is in no way realistic or anywhere close by. We need to be able to schedule training multiple times a day , have specific schedules etc.

We shound't really be able to make a specific training schedule for each player.

Also we should be able to send the team into training camps that improve the team's fitness , etc.

Revamping the training system should be a priority for this year in my opinion.

Hardcore Mode

The ultimate challenge. Players wound't be able to see player's stats. With this difficulty setting enabled, you would decide upon seeing a player what attributes you think he has. For example you follow a player , he scores lots of goals, you think he has a 14 finishing...you go to his profile and you set his finishing to average / good . This would just be your opinion so you make a report of some sort of that player.

Alternatively , players would be able to see, for example in our case finishing 10-15. We wound't know the true value only an estimate.

Also scouters should be way off when reporting the potential of a player.

Basically the hardcore mode means not seeing player's attributes. Scouts would tell you he has a good working rate/stamina etc but nothing that would tell you that player is good or bad, you would have to see for yourself and decide thus bringing scouting to another level.

Separate Player Instructions

Please make individual player instructions (Tactical) available. For example at Real Madrid I might use the RW position as a classic winger with Di Maria. However when I put Cristiano Ronaldo there, I want him to use his Inside Forward custom settings without having to modify the tactic myself.

Dribbling

Please add proper dribbling animations.

Free Kicks

The free kick system is currently unrealistic. I've never seen shots bolted over the wall. Currently most go powerful around the wall .

Better Shielding System (if there is any)

Ive yet to see player shield ball. This is important as strong players often do this.

Revamped Current Ability and Potential Ability System

I actually think the current CA PA system is outdated and limited.

We have 3 sets of attributes.

Physical - Acceleration, Speed, Stamina, etc.

Mental - Creativity , Anticipation, etc.

Tehnical - Dribbling, etc.

Physical - This should be improved 75% training and 25 % match practice.

Mental - 75% Match practice and 25% training

Technical - 50 - 50%

Also, I do believe these 3 categories should have different sets of potential.

A person might have very good genetics and be able to achieve a extremely good physical shape ( Ronaldo for example ). It does NOT mean that, that person would start with great physicals. It would mean that with enough training he would get there. I do not think that having great physicals should affect players mental and technical stats ( as with lower PA players ).

Mental and Technical should be on a different set of potential altogether as that is regarded to the player's inteligence, talent, etc.

AI Team Building

The AI managers need to consider a player's current performance (goals scored,avg rating,etc) , CA, PA, injury when buying. As in consider all the factors not just reputation and CA.

Also they need to be able to scout and see talented players and raise them.

International Management:

1. Able to ask a player to change national allegiance at those times when they prefer to wait for another country. As a manager you could offer being picked for a major tounament squad if qualified, a definite starting position, or a future starting position to replace a retiring star. A player may then accept or reject for the time being. (Obviously real players set in the db as declared won't change and should definitely say they have no intention of changing)

2. Able to have a player ask you if a club they wish to join or a division they wish to play in would hurt/enhance their national chances. Obviouly not all players would ask (ie $$$ more important than national team).

3. If there is transfer speculation on a player, the int manager could comment in media. So if, for example, an offer from Championship comes in for a Prem player, the int manager gets option of saying the move to lower level for first team football more importanrt than Prem bench, or that the drop down a level/lower rep league/lower rep team would harm their national team chances.

4. Personal talk or media comment saying a player should move overseas, higher or lower league team or division. So Jamaican manager could ask Harbour View player to move to Europe, or alternately stay in Jamaica. As with others, the player can ignore or agree with you, and club manager could agree or be angry with you.

This is the kind of change id like to see , my main gripe in international management is that as in real life im part hungarian i like to attempt to improve the fortunes of my second nationality , but its soooooo frustrating when players who are my top players arent getting game time at their clubs and are thus unfit , id like to be able to suggest to them they should move club to gain more regular first team football if they wish to remain part of my international plans

Hardcore Mode

The ultimate challenge. Players wound't be able to see player's stats. With this difficulty setting enabled, you would decide upon seeing a player what attributes you think he has. For example you follow a player , he scores lots of goals, you think he has a 14 finishing...you go to his profile and you set his finishing to average / good . This would just be your opinion so you make a report of some sort of that player.

Alternatively , players would be able to see, for example in our case finishing 10-15. We wound't know the true value only an estimate.

Also scouters should be way off when reporting the potential of a player.

Basically the hardcore mode means not seeing player's attributes. Scouts would tell you he has a good working rate/stamina etc but nothing that would tell you that player is good or bad, you would have to see for yourself and decide thus bringing scouting to another level.

Add watching players on trainings and being able to schedule them like in CM4 and I'm in heaven.

Revamped Training Module and Training Camps

We need the Training System revamped. The slider system is in no way realistic or anywhere close by. We need to be able to schedule training multiple times a day , have specific schedules etc.

We shound't really be able to make a specific training schedule for each player.

Also we should be able to send the team into training camps that improve the team's fitness , etc.

Revamping the training system should be a priority for this year in my opinion.

Separate Player Instructions

Please make individual player instructions (Tactical) available. For example at Real Madrid I might use the RW position as a classic winger with Di Maria. However when I put Cristiano Ronaldo there, I want him to use his Inside Forward custom settings without having to modify the tactic myself.

Dribbling

Please add proper dribbling animations.

Free Kicks

The free kick system is currently unrealistic. I've never seen shots bolted over the wall. Currently most go powerful around the wall .

Better Shielding System (if there is any)

Ive yet to see player shield ball. This is important as strong players often do this.

Revamped Current Ability and Potential Ability System

I actually think the current CA PA system is outdated and limited.

We have 3 sets of attributes.

Physical - Acceleration, Speed, Stamina, etc.

Mental - Creativity , Anticipation, etc.

Tehnical - Dribbling, etc.

Physical - This should be improved 75% training and 25 % match practice.

Mental - 75% Match practice and 25% training

Technical - 50 - 50%

Also, I do believe these 3 categories should have different sets of potential.

A person might have very good genetics and be able to achieve a extremely good physical shape ( Ronaldo for example ). It does NOT mean that, that person would start with great physicals. It would mean that with enough training he would get there. I do not think that having great physicals should affect players mental and technical stats ( as with lower PA players ).

Mental and Technical should be on a different set of potential altogether as that is regarded to the player's inteligence, talent, etc.

AI Team Building

The AI managers need to consider a player's current performance (goals scored,avg rating,etc) , CA, PA, injury when buying. As in consider all the factors not just reputation and CA.

Also they need to be able to scout and see talented players and raise them.

I agree with the bits that i've kept from your original post! ESPECIALLY the separate player instructions bit!! I HATE having to change everthing when I want to rotate the squad! It'd be good if you have the little football pitch for each player, and you click on a position on the pitch,l then you select their role, such as ronaldo, so when he is put on the right wing, he is an inside forward, but when on the left wing, he is a winger, and so when you put him in those positions, it is preset, so it is the individual that is given the role, and not the position on the team sheet...

hope that makes sense ;P

A tactical instruction to get the ball down and play - hopefully it can drastically cut down the head tennis AND

a Shout with the same instruction, for when the whole team ignore the tactical instruction.

Which reminds me, considering teams go thru' a "gelling" process and need to play together to build up an understanding, why don't any of the players ever learn which of their team mates can't jump so they can pass the ball to them below head height? Another instruction maybe!

Prob been mentioned many times but more real to life happenings.

I wont list the millions upon millions of suggestions everyone has made as there all correct and valid I just wont repeat them.

Ive never seen a manager leave a club because of a fall out with the club. For example its possible for you the player to get sacked if you make a demand to the board for more transfer funds etc...but never seen a manager quit his club because of this or because hes fed up with the board interfearing or because the club have a director of football etc...this is becoming more and more apparent in real life. Maybe should be included in the game a little more. Not talking all the time but sneaked in now and then just to give that extra realism.

Just had a thought, a bit like how you can tell clubs why you are accepting or rejecting a bid for one of your players, it would be nice to tell the player something as well (although maybe in a full conversation not a throw away remark). I don't like the feeling that I am always forcing players out of my club, when often it is really in their interests to go.

So I'd like to say things like "At this stage of your career you need first team football" or "I can't see you making it with us, but go and make the most of your career elsewhere".

Or when you get a crazy offer for a player you'd happily keep, "You still have a place at this club if you choose to stay, but this offer was too good to turn down". I know you can do a bit of this when transfer listing a player, but what if an offer just comes out of nowhere? I'd like to discuss it with my player.

In post match press conferences I want to be asked about the match. Not transfers, or the next match, but the one just played and the incidents that occurred.

I don't want the fans satisfied when you score a 94th minute equaliser in a game where you have 60-40 possession and 20-5 shots. They should be raging that you only drew.

I want players to actually react to team talks, "nothing specific noticed" appears about 99% of the time. In fact players hardly ever PR to anything any more (except for high win bonuses).

To be able to sell players you don't want (can't even give players away for nothing).

For interested teams to make loan bids when you offer out players for 0% wages.

- dynamic rivalry, would be good if new rivalries could be created if you have often knocked another team in later stages of cups (and vice versa) or fought for the title with them for a while

- NextGen and u18/u19 could be made to be official competitions and included into club's trophy collection, not just players having it in their achievements list in profile on the right

- job interviews, similar to current press conference with all the questions. It could persuade chairman to chose you over someone with higher reputation if you 'hit the spot' and give them what they want to hear

- ability to apply for coaching roles or u19 manager position. Gradually improving reputation and after a while you might apply for manager positions or even end up managing current club if chairman decided to promote you

- reputation system needs much improvement, winning domestic and continental trophies in Africa or Asia sometimes can't even land you a job in second division of average European league. The idea is great, but it has to be improved especially for those who start unemployed or simply want to have a go at various leagues

- reputation limits for leagues outside of Europe need to be removed. For example, what if Egyptian league realistically becomes strong but it gets held back because it can only go as far as having 3 stars?

One of the few suggestions i've seen about the training section and its brilliant. The use of sliders in the training menu seems archaic compared to the drag and drop system with mini drop-down menues seen in the tactics area. Love the idea of expansive training routines and programmes replacing the several training categories. You could make more available with greater perks as your club improves its facilities. Wondering if each exercises should have a set quantity or can be adjusted to allow greater flexibility. Presets could be introduced too for those who dont want to build their own from scratch or act as a base for players to modify as well as the ever faithfull let coach/asm decide (Would be cool if your asm used some of your set training

scheduels and applied them to other players, without having to go through one at a time though i think im asking too much here).

I would like to build on Silky's idea his by suggesting that training be split in two. Individual training and team training. Both use the specific programmes Silky suggested, some specific to one area (i.e. Languages, Position and Weights for indvidual and Formation, Tactical briefings and 5-a-side for teams) and some that are in both (i.e. passing, defending, shooting) but have different effects in what area you apply them. Individual training working with the same purpose as the current system, to develop the individual players stats and playing style. The team training will focus on team development so all your players training with your playing philosophy in mind among other benefits such as building player relationships with each other (personality clashes, tutor/pupil, rivals etc), learning tactics, speeding up preferred moves training in certain subjects etc. The team training would be applied to all your players automatically taking up some of your player's individual training budget which can be adjusted beforehand (like the player wage/transfer budget). What's left in the individual training can be filled seperately for each player, with overfilling and too many varieties of training subjects causing player fatigue, morale drops and injuries.

Like Silkys other points. These are some of my other ideas.

1. Would like to be able to tell scouts to only give me reports for players they give a certain current and/or potential rating that i set (i.e. 4 stars+ only) reduces the enless lists of 2 and 3 stars in regional reports.

2. Chaiman imposing certain condition that affect job security (i.e. raising certain amount of youth players to senior team, no loanee's etc)

3. Players (especially top players) being invited to interviews/press conferences for such reasons as postmatch perfomances, injuries, player motivation etc. Managers can give permission or not with players accepting your decision or reluctant to go/not allowed to go to conferences. Managers can then respond in good or negativly to what the player says.

4. I'd like to expand on news leaks like finding out who's done it? was it accidental or on purpose? the influence of players using social media (twitter/facebook). These can be minor headaches to managers or serious issues that need to be sorted with firing backroom staff or discipling players.

5. Interations with the fan's association representative from time to time. You can then hear concerns from your clubs fans or how they think the club should go. Some demands going so far as wanting you to get rid of a player or demanding you yourself must resign. I wanna see more of how the fans that support your club respond to the way your running the club.

Looking forward to seeing how FM improves its training system as it now needs a shiny new revamp.

another thing to add whould be to add players a certain routine for a certain amount of time

i would love to sea dof added but what i would really really like to see is adding the job of ass man as playable.

This would be a good way to build reputation. You would run the rezzies and maybe u18 teams. Take press conferences occasionally and 'make do' with what are you given to prove yourself before you take a job as manager

Speculation and Transfer Media Interaction

I think it has been said on here before but I think speculation shouldn't solely be separated. At the moment you are asked to speculate on jobs outside of normal conferences and transfers purely inside. I believe that managers get asked about both informally and formally; so if I "decline to comment" surely my next conference should include questions on this? I also think that one of the ways you'd handle it is perhaps say "I wont be discussing that here today" or "I don't want to focus on that, we have an important game against x" and if you keep getting pushed you might acquiese to discuss it or storm out. Similarly with long running transfer saga's will he wont he sign/leave etc

Secondly I think there should be questions about players leaving (not just the will youth come through or you've upset etc..) I want to be able to explain the decision (and see this reflected in the fan's views even if it changes from unhappy to trusts the management / disagrees with the manager's assessment.) To give an example

Several seasons in and I'm now a top prem club. I've a couple of decent 20/21 year olds playing backup to my first choice players. They realistically have no chance of dislodging them outright as they are only 24/25 and consistently playing brilliantly. In the close season I get enquiries from big but not bigger clubs which I negotiate for decent fees with add-ons and sell-on clauses. I have some decent youngsters returning from loan so I accept the bids and they move on. The fans are upset and while I get that I can't do anything about it. I want to be able to say (through the press or via some town-hall AGM etc) the reasons behind it - its only fair to the players development, the bids were good and we have these two players coming through, the management decided they'd not develop any further etc etc

In another example I had a good player but his workrate and attitude weren't great. When I lost you could guarantee he'd have had a shocker. I decided to cut him at the end of the season and still made a 15m profit on what I'd paid because his value had soared. Again the fans were unhappy and he even "blasted me" over lack of playing time. I really wanted to be able to say that he was a good player but that his attitude sucked and I felt he had to go to keep the harmony in the dressing room etc

Finally I had a young brazilian lad that came through and he went on to play about 4 seasons with me (breaking assist records all over the place.) At the end of the season Madrid came in with a bid of over £70m and I felt compelled to accept it as I needed the funds to replace my aging striker and had my eye on his replacement from a recently relegated side. Again the fans were unhappy (they did acknowledge the big fee but hated an idol leaving) but I just remembered the keegan incident with Cole where he faced fans/journalists on the steps to plead for understanding... that would have been good

I'd just love to see these sorts of situations implemented for added realism

Contract and Transfer Negotiations

Can you add additional clauses into the negotiations:

In players contract negotiations - Assist bonuses, Clean sheet bonuses for defenders, structured goals i.e. for 5, 10,15 etc

When negotiating transfers - Other bonuses than just "promotion" - avoid relegation, league winners, champions league winners etc (I'm sure these were in Rooney's transfer from Everton to United.) Also structured add-ons not just after x games what about 5, 10, 15 games, goals etc

another thing to add whould be to add players a certain routine for a certain amount of time

Do you mean a time limit on a single training programme or a setting the number of days the player is on that entire schedule? cos either sounds great! You can get sent notes saying that the player has finished his alloted time on the schedule.

Something I just found. Please add dates to the Conversation histories. Without them it is impossible to see when a tutoring session ended.

Example:

When did this tutoring session come to a crashing halt??

FM12_Tutoring_History.PNG

i would love to sea dof added but what i would really really like to see is adding the job of ass man as playable.

This would be a good way to build reputation. You would run the rezzies and maybe u18 teams. Take press conferences occasionally and 'make do' with what are you given to prove yourself before you take a job as manager

That'd be brilliant.

ok, just had to go to ET in a match while match engine makes it happen.

far to many players making has of shots MULTIPLE times when through on goal (we not talking lower league either)

I had a free kick taken... as a half volley

shots at near post are complety broken, keepers are being beaten by shots they would always save IRL.

strikers taking shots at the goalkeeper rather then the net.

these need fixing, results are becoming strange and frustrating with these, i think i have had a few penaltys become free kicks on the lines as well

Assist bonuses in contract negotiations, and perhaps in the contract, you could guarantee a player that he will play in a certain position for the team, so that he feels his talent is not wasted!

and another would be that a players will get x amount if he gets less than x amount of yellow/red cards? in all honesty i think it could be silly, but there seems to be no other way to stop sergio ramos trying to amputate players legs!

Speculation and Transfer Media Interaction

I think it has been said on here before but I think speculation shouldn't solely be separated. At the moment you are asked to speculate on jobs outside of normal conferences and transfers purely inside. I believe that managers get asked about both informally and formally; so if I "decline to comment" surely my next conference should include questions on this? I also think that one of the ways you'd handle it is perhaps say "I wont be discussing that here today" or "I don't want to focus on that, we have an important game against x" and if you keep getting pushed you might acquiese to discuss it or storm out. Similarly with long running transfer saga's will he wont he sign/leave etc

Secondly I think there should be questions about players leaving (not just the will youth come through or you've upset etc..) I want to be able to explain the decision (and see this reflected in the fan's views even if it changes from unhappy to trusts the management / disagrees with the manager's assessment.) To give an example

Several seasons in and I'm now a top prem club. I've a couple of decent 20/21 year olds playing backup to my first choice players. They realistically have no chance of dislodging them outright as they are only 24/25 and consistently playing brilliantly. In the close season I get enquiries from big but not bigger clubs which I negotiate for decent fees with add-ons and sell-on clauses. I have some decent youngsters returning from loan so I accept the bids and they move on. The fans are upset and while I get that I can't do anything about it. I want to be able to say (through the press or via some town-hall AGM etc) the reasons behind it - its only fair to the players development, the bids were good and we have these two players coming through, the management decided they'd not develop any further etc etc

In another example I had a good player but his workrate and attitude weren't great. When I lost you could guarantee he'd have had a shocker. I decided to cut him at the end of the season and still made a 15m profit on what I'd paid because his value had soared. Again the fans were unhappy and he even "blasted me" over lack of playing time. I really wanted to be able to say that he was a good player but that his attitude sucked and I felt he had to go to keep the harmony in the dressing room etc

Finally I had a young brazilian lad that came through and he went on to play about 4 seasons with me (breaking assist records all over the place.) At the end of the season Madrid came in with a bid of over £70m and I felt compelled to accept it as I needed the funds to replace my aging striker and had my eye on his replacement from a recently relegated side. Again the fans were unhappy (they did acknowledge the big fee but hated an idol leaving) but I just remembered the keegan incident with Cole where he faced fans/journalists on the steps to plead for understanding... that would have been good

I'd just love to see these sorts of situations implemented for added realism

You, sir, are a genius!! This is an excellent idea! and agree totally, we should be able to justify decisions as to why we sell someone, or dont renew the contract, AND perhaps the fans hear a story that the team is after a big player, but manager says no and has to justify why. If it is finance, then perhaps fans give the board a bashing, then the board decide to create the funds for the transfer.....

I have been wanting for years, to be able to start as a u18 or reserve team manager then building your reputation to take over the first team. I know you can take control of u18 team aswell but just to focus on it with a computer manager in control of the first team, maybe still have the power to buy youths etc. This would give more involvement in the game. Like trying to develop youths etc

Archived