What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could see a 'with ball average positions map' and a 'without-ball average positions map'?

You would get a clearer picture of your attacking shape and also your defensive shape.

The true average positions map tends to mask all the movement somewhat. A wide player that comes in with ball will stay wide when you defend, a stopper may be more in line without the ball than he is when he's doing his main job and so on. If you have 80% possession the attacking shape will be quite clear and if you have 20% possession the defending shape will become more prominent, but if you have 50% possession the position map will be much less pronounced.

I propose there would be simple tickboxes under the current map (like there's blocked shots, on target shots, off target shots etc. in shots map).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less clicks please.

On the league overview screen you see a little preview of player stats, goals etc. I'd like to be able to click on goals and it takes me to the full stats screen.

Also the calendar is a little hard to find on FM14, too many clicks, can you add it to the list of shortcuts I can customize on the top bar? It's handy as I would like to see under 21's games aswell as senior games.

The ability to find a job.

I've been turned down by 10+ clubs despite having won the treble the previous season with Real Madrid. I have a win percentage of 88% and a reputation of 'World Class'. Why can't I find a job? It's beyond a joke that this is still an issue in FM. It was an issue back in FM12 for goodness sake.

IMO the job interviews are not much to do with your vision for the club but that of an inflexible board

You end up lying just to match their expectations

Guest El Payaso

Next opposition's scouting should include players' scouting. Hate it when I go to match and none of the opponent's players has been scouted so I'll have to just guess what to do with those instructions.

And of course it would be finally nice to see tactics system and match engine that sees your (and opponents') teams scoring goals because they are moving well as a team instead of magical individual efforts (mostly from wingers and pacey forwards at the moment) or complete stupidness of opposition's defence. Also would like to see us being able to score from other kind situations than just tap-ins, like long shots for example.

2 things I would like to see added.

1. 2 dimensional tactics. One for your attacking shape and the other for your defensive shape. This is used within real life so would like to see it implemented with FM. Also would make playing a 4231 alot easier as an example.

2. Would love to have touches made added to analysis. So we can see exactly where the player touched the ball and on what parts of the pitch.

2 things I would like to see added.

1. 2 dimensional tactics. One for your attacking shape and the other for your defensive shape. This is used within real life so would like to see it implemented with FM. Also would make playing a 4231 alot easier as an example.

2. Would love to have touches made added to analysis. So we can see exactly where the player touched the ball and on what parts of the pitch.

The return of WibWob in a greatly changed form is long overdue. It should be the driver for setting team & especially player instructions with a visual indicator for each (push up, dribble more, cut inside etc), maybe with layered filters for viewing. That would be a very sophisticated progression though but much more realistic.

Few unrelated suggestions:

If your scout's tactical rating is high enough, then when scouting the next opposition it should give greater detail like the roles and instructions they typically employ, not just their formation.

It would be great if contracts and transfers had some parameters in the editor to handle how the game treats them, since there always seems to be much debate over whether the player prices and wages are working correctly. Why not make everyone happy?

This one is a bit of a big one, but with the steam workshop why not greater modding support? I'd love to see what people would do if the transfer logic AI was moddable, since the weakness of AI team building has been a common complaint. Lets see if people can do better.

Adding a region of club in the editor, it takes several editors a few a hours a year to make some of their databases and this makes some fun but tough edits a lot less time consuming. The region of birth for people beats half of the problem with it being ridiculously time intensive, please give us the other feature next year.

League/Country Media Staff

Many former players and managers now seem to rather take a bigger pay day for a 15 minute skit on TV, rather than giving back to football with coaching. Some may argue that it is one of the reasons are youths suffer, with when the best coaches and former players of your nation are spurting cliches on TV, instead of helping our kids raise their game. This should be better represented in the game

Already the Media position exists. Staff can be added to clubs as a Media personality, but it is rarely used function, partly because clubs are rarely big enough to have their own media channel.

I request the ability to add staff as media to countries and/or leagues. So for example, Robbie Earl, former ITV presenter now works for NBC in American covering the Premier League. Currently in game, you can still find Robbie Earl pottering around as a coach, a pretty good one at that. I'd argue that I really doubt Robbie does any coaching anymore and he should have a media staff role employed somewhere ingame.

Ofcourse we can't go adding TV networks and the like. Would take the game in the wrong direction and be a legal minefield. What we should be able to do is add the staff directly to a league or to a country. So for example, with Robbie Earl above, he could be employed by America, and have a nice big contract, with maybe a sup selection to choose their media role, like foreign league commentator, national commentator, domestic league commentator. In the Premier League for example, Alan Shearer could be employed by the Premier League. Generally staff in these media positions are a lot more high profile, or gain more profile than they ever did when they played the game, so a reputation increase could be added to these staff over time as their in the role, which could be effected by the quality of the league/country.

Generally these guys get linked to jobs, even though they may not have ever managed or haven't done so for years. Robbie Earl might be on the shortlist for an MLS job, because of his exposure from being on US TV. Alan Shearer already gets this a lot, and has happened when he took the Newcastle hot seat.

Additionally it could add some flair to the media stories in the user's news. If I'm Man Utd and failing to meet expectations, I could get a news stories about Alan Shearer questioning my ability to manage at the highest level. Maybe even get into a war of words with him, over the national media.

Lastly, if you want to employ these staff who already have media commitments to your coaching staff, realistically Andy Gray isn't gonna give up his lucrative Al-Jazeera media job for a scummy youth coaching role at Plymouth Argyle, unless I offered insane amounts. Possibly a part time role can be offered where they keep the media job and work for clubs part time (note maybe not Andy Gray part time to Argyle though, Qatar is a long way to travel back and forth for a part time coaching gig, maybe should be locally only), a possibility for the likes of Gary Neville. Though this might need to be expanded on with the ability for all staff to work for multiple clubs on part time contracts (Lars Høgh for example, in Denmark is a part time goalkeeping coach for a handful of Superliga clubs).

I always use the job centre to employ my staff and i've noticed that once you've employed a scout / coach it closes the job vacancy even if you want to employ multiple of the same job.

I would like to see an option to keep the vacancy open until all roles are filled.

I would like players' off field and social networking activities to have a realistic impact. I realise that for legal reasons this is difficult but there's no reason that a regenerated player can't get a glamour model pregnant and be beaten up in a nightclub by her big brother. Or post on twitter than his teammates are all lazy. etc.

This was done in The Boss on the spectrum.

I requested this last year, but here we go again: could continental competitions outside of Europe, such as the AFC Champions League, be made dynamic? There's a rules proposal on the table that would make the top 23 Asian federations that meet the ACL Criteria (basically a version of the coefficient system) be able to compete, but even as it is the top 10 federations that meet the relevant criteria are allowed to participate, which can fluctuate. It seems like top tier reputation would be a great way to encapsulate the ACL criteria, and this way players playing in default leagues such as India, Malaysia, etc, could strive to get their federation to be one of the top in Asia with an ACL spot. Of course, I don't know the FM code, but this doesn't seem like it ought to be too difficult to implement given the sophistication of the European coefficient system.

I'm guessing that I play Football Manager slightly differently than most people. When I was younger, newer to the game, and a less experienced virtual manager I think I did what most people do-- find the best, cheapest players and move up the leagues as quickly as possible. Over the years though, I found that no longer presented enough of a challenge for me as a manager. Beginning with FM2011, I became obsessed with the notion of building clubs with the best players of the local region and improving the youth academy until the local players could challenge for European titles. As a Roma fan, this consists of bringing players like Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Alberto Aquilani, Marco Amelia, Alessio Cerci, Daniele Galloppa, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Di Vaio, etc. back to the club (or to the club in the first place). I've also employed this strategy with other clubs, though. Most recently I took a small Portuguese club called Mirandela from the third tier of Portuguese football up to the Portuguese Premier League and into the Europa League in about 6 or 7 seasons (before my game started constantly freezing), mostly using players who originated within a 25-mile radius of Mirandela, Portugal. I roughly used Braganca, Chaves, and Vila Real as my (respectively) Eastern, Northern, and Southern borders. I used Google Maps to learn the local cities and clubs within this portion of NorthEast Portugal. At the beginning of every virtual July I would check all the local clubs (which I had subscribed to) for any re-gens worth my time, and use the Search: Staff and Search: Players functions to look for any staff or players born in the local towns that had appeared in the game since I last checked. As you can imagine, this was very tedious, but became very rewarding once I had built a squad of local players that was capable of competing at the highest level of professional football in Portugal. I understood that it would take a while before I built true European power. I often found youth players at Northern but rather distant Portuguese clubs like Porto, Braga, Olhanense, and Vizela who were born in cities near Mirandela. Also once I had upgraded my club's Youth Recruitment Network I was no longer getting kids who were born in solely in Mirandela; all of a sudden I was getting kids born from as far as a few hours away. Here is where the game could be really improved for me. I would be very satisfied if there were an interactive map feature built into the game that could maybe be accessed via a tab at the top of the game as well as through the Club Information or Player Information screens by clicking on a player's place of birth or the stadium location of the club. I could see the map functioning by zooming in on the continent and then country that one is looking at. Once you've zoomed in on a continent, you can drag your mouse over the various countries, which would become highlighted when the mouse is hovering above them. Once you've clicked on an individual country, the map should further zoom in and in the top left of the screen there should appear a list of the leagues within the football pyramid of that country, including the non-playable lower leagues. When you click on Serie A, red dots would pop up in the locations of all the clubs playing in that respective league. Next to the dot would be the name (s) of the club (s) playing in Serie A in that city. Once you get down into the lower-level regional leagues, the map should probably again zoom in to allow for proper spacing between the dots. That way you can focus on having local players and fostering good relationships with local clubs. I think this feature would really allow the geography-based side of the game to shine, and it could be incorporated into scouting because smaller clubs will normally only scout close to home due to money constraints, which is why (in real life) youth cast-offs of big clubs will often latch onto small local clubs out of convenience for all parties involved. Another feature I would also really like to see implemented would be a sort of Wikipedia page in conjunction with the current player bio page. A youth player in the FC Porto u19 squad whose place of birth is Chaves or Braganca, is facing a 1.5 to 2.5 hour drive to practice if they haven't moved into the in-house academy. That type of time commitment might be likely once a player is in his mid-teenage years and it has become clear that he has a future in professional football, but it's highly unlikely that FC Porto was this player's first club. I would be very satisfied if the bio page could include a history of the player's youth football like there is on Wikipedia and Transfermarkt. Most players are playing club football by the time they are 5-8, even if they are just playing at their tiny local club. Obviously, in some instances players are only playing at "football schools" until they are snapped up by a club a little later. And obviously, many of the players in Football Manager are so unknown that they aren't on Wikipedia and their early club histories aren't even on Transfermarkt. I don't expect you guys to hunt down the true youth histories of all the obscure professional players in the world, but it would be really nice if all re-gens could come into the game with their youth histories included in their wiki pages. This might mean that a 15-year old coming into Chelsea's academy through the youth intake who's place of birth is Watford, might have included in their wiki/bio page that they played for Watford from ages 6-13 before Chelsea snapped them up. For a real life example, it would mean including that Andres Iniesta was snapped up from Albacete when he was 12 in 1996. This would really allow me to create the kind of local squad I desire. My FM strategy is to have only local players at the club except for truly world class players. So, if I were managing Barcelona I would keep all the local born-and-bred Catalunyans like Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Puyol, Fabregas and the truly world class players like Messi, Neymar, and Iniesta... but sell some of the very good role players on the team who aren't from Catalunya like Pedro and Song. The in-game maps and wiki-pages would allow me to find out that Iniesta and Pedro, although they played at La Masia and Barcelona has been their only club as professionals, were actually snapped up as boys from smaller, distant Spanish clubs. I like to have my role-player squad spots filled by local talent, but my desire to build a squad of local players won't go as far as forcing me to sell a transcendent talent like Lionel Messi. Anyways, these additions would really improve the game experience for me. If you have any questions for me, I would be thrilled to speak to anyone from SI about my ideas. I really hope you like my ideas and will consider implementing them in time for FM2015. I have been a very satisfied customer over the years and have been so impressed by the changes made from when I first started playing the game seven years ago. Thank you for your time!

Fully formed Formations with pre-loaded Tactics already set.

I want to pick from 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, But it would be nice if the player roles were pre-set, It should of course be optional, but would helpe those of us who like to play more by finding payers, team development etc., rather than being a tactical genius,

In short plug and play formations with pre set tactics, players duties.

I'd like players to be able to pass with the outside of their foot. At least in FM14 they are finally able to shoot with the outside of their foot.

Always annoys me when a right footed inside forward cuts inside from the right and the adv forward runs in perfect position for the IF to just do an outside pass TB to the striker but can't coz the code doesn't allow it. Instead he will turn around and destroy the flow of play or do a terrible left foot shot.

I want to pick from 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, But it would be nice if the player roles were pre-set, It should of course be optional, but would helpe those of us who like to play more by finding payers, team development etc., rather than being a tactical genius,

Not a bad idea. Why don't they have WWfan make the standard tactics as he would have them since he's the tactics guru and he works on the TC part of the game. Ofcoz you would still have to do small adjustments to the tactics depening on your players. But atleast the default tactics would be useful.

Further to any suggestion of kit changes, I'd also suggest that sponsors logos be a part of that editing. When you get a new kit sponsor, or retain the previous one, you have to incorporate that into the kit design. Some kind of template to allow that wouldn't be that hard to code, and everyone would love you forever for doing so. Also, the ability to pick the kit for certain games. For instance, when certain rivals play, both want to be in their home kit. Celtic - Rangers, Hearts - Hibs, Man U - Man C, Newcastle - Sunderland, Everton - Liverpool, etc I've seen have one team play in their change or third kit. That would never happen.

Further to any suggestion of kit changes, I'd also suggest that sponsors logos be a part of that editing. When you get a new kit sponsor, or retain the previous one, you have to incorporate that into the kit design. Some kind of template to allow that wouldn't be that hard to code, and everyone would love you forever for doing so. Also, the ability to pick the kit for certain games. For instance, when certain rivals play, both want to be in their home kit. Celtic - Rangers, Hearts - Hibs, Man U - Man C, Newcastle - Sunderland, Everton - Liverpool, etc I've seen have one team play in their change or third kit. That would never happen.

Licensing issues here - the same with every other football game with licenses.

FM is licensed to use that seasons kit, and that seasons kit only. Including sponsors. It's the same with FIFA and licensed teams on PES.

Don't think your suggestion is possible. Sorry.

I have paragraphed it as it was difficult to read as a wall of text. Hope you do not mind. Some interesting points.

I'm guessing that I play Football Manager slightly differently than most people. When I was younger, newer to the game, and a less experienced virtual manager I think I did what most people do-- find the best, cheapest players and move up the leagues as quickly as possible. Over the years though, I found that no longer presented enough of a challenge for me as a manager. Beginning with FM2011, I became obsessed with the notion of building clubs with the best players of the local region and improving the youth academy until the local players could challenge for European titles.

As a Roma fan, this consists of bringing players like Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Alberto Aquilani, Marco Amelia, Alessio Cerci, Daniele Galloppa, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Di Vaio, etc. back to the club (or to the club in the first place). I've also employed this strategy with other clubs, though. Most recently I took a small Portuguese club called Mirandela from the third tier of Portuguese football up to the Portuguese Premier League and into the Europa League in about 6 or 7 seasons (before my game started constantly freezing), mostly using players who originated within a 25-mile radius of Mirandela, Portugal.

I roughly used Braganca, Chaves, and Vila Real as my (respectively) Eastern, Northern, and Southern borders. I used Google Maps to learn the local cities and clubs within this portion of NorthEast Portugal. At the beginning of every virtual July I would check all the local clubs (which I had subscribed to) for any re-gens worth my time, and use the Search: Staff and Search: Players functions to look for any staff or players born in the local towns that had appeared in the game since I last checked. As you can imagine, this was very tedious, but became very rewarding once I had built a squad of local players that was capable of competing at the highest level of professional football in Portugal. I understood that it would take a while before I built true European power.

I often found youth players at Northern but rather distant Portuguese clubs like Porto, Braga, Olhanense, and Vizela who were born in cities near Mirandela. Also once I had upgraded my club's Youth Recruitment Network I was no longer getting kids who were born in solely in Mirandela; all of a sudden I was getting kids born from as far as a few hours away.

Here is where the game could be really improved for me. I would be very satisfied if there were an interactive map feature built into the game that could maybe be accessed via a tab at the top of the game as well as through the Club Information or Player Information screens by clicking on a player's place of birth or the stadium location of the club. I could see the map functioning by zooming in on the continent and then country that one is looking at.

Once you've zoomed in on a continent, you can drag your mouse over the various countries, which would become highlighted when the mouse is hovering above them. Once you've clicked on an individual country, the map should further zoom in and in the top left of the screen there should appear a list of the leagues within the football pyramid of that country, including the non-playable lower leagues. When you click on Serie A, red dots would pop up in the locations of all the clubs playing in that respective league. Next to the dot would be the name (s) of the club (s) playing in Serie A in that city. Once you get down into the lower-level regional leagues, the map should probably again zoom in to allow for proper spacing between the dots. That way you can focus on having local players and fostering good relationships with local clubs.

I think this feature would really allow the geography-based side of the game to shine, and it could be incorporated into scouting because smaller clubs will normally only scout close to home due to money constraints, which is why (in real life) youth cast-offs of big clubs will often latch onto small local clubs out of convenience for all parties involved.

Another feature I would also really like to see implemented would be a sort of Wikipedia page in conjunction with the current player bio page. A youth player in the FC Porto u19 squad whose place of birth is Chaves or Braganca, is facing a 1.5 to 2.5 hour drive to practice if they haven't moved into the in-house academy. That type of time commitment might be likely once a player is in his mid-teenage years and it has become clear that he has a future in professional football, but it's highly unlikely that FC Porto was this player's first club. I would be very satisfied if the bio page could include a history of the player's youth football like there is on Wikipedia and Transfermarkt.

Most players are playing club football by the time they are 5-8, even if they are just playing at their tiny local club. Obviously, in some instances players are only playing at "football schools" until they are snapped up by a club a little later. And obviously, many of the players in Football Manager are so unknown that they aren't on Wikipedia and their early club histories aren't even on Transfermarkt. I don't expect you guys to hunt down the true youth histories of all the obscure professional players in the world, but it would be really nice if all re-gens could come into the game with their youth histories included in their wiki pages.

This might mean that a 15-year old coming into Chelsea's academy through the youth intake who's place of birth is Watford, might have included in their wiki/bio page that they played for Watford from ages 6-13 before Chelsea snapped them up. For a real life example, it would mean including that Andres Iniesta was snapped up from Albacete when he was 12 in 1996. This would really allow me to create the kind of local squad I desire. My FM strategy is to have only local players at the club except for truly world class players. So, if I were managing Barcelona I would keep all the local born-and-bred Catalunyans like Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Puyol, Fabregas and the truly world class players like Messi, Neymar, and Iniesta... but sell some of the very good role players on the team who aren't from Catalunya like Pedro and Song.

The in-game maps and wiki-pages would allow me to find out that Iniesta and Pedro, although they played at La Masia and Barcelona has been their only club as professionals, were actually snapped up as boys from smaller, distant Spanish clubs. I like to have my role-player squad spots filled by local talent, but my desire to build a squad of local players won't go as far as forcing me to sell a transcendent talent like Lionel Messi.

Anyways, these additions would really improve the game experience for me. If you have any questions for me, I would be thrilled to speak to anyone from SI about my ideas. I really hope you like my ideas and will consider implementing them in time for FM2015. I have been a very satisfied customer over the years and have been so impressed by the changes made from when I first started playing the game seven years ago.

Thank you for your time!

Hope you do not mind williecookies10

:)

Maybe just doing an expansion every other year instead of a revamped match engine each year, so a current match engine would have a life span of 2 years.

Also a way to revert/undo button on tactics, I think I am getting too old when I start messing with tactics to visualize different formations when I realize, I never saved my main tactic I just FUBARed.

Oh yeah, hooligans too, maybe something just references some of the alternative supporters and their antics.

Kits that change by the year. You could have an option of three random styled kits with your new sponsor which you may pick from. It'd keep late gameplay still nice and fresh. You could possibly have what happened at Everton as Nike basically forced our badge change, however with kits and maybe even tycoons coming in and CHANGING your kits colours like with Cardiff.

Please make this happen Si, you know it sounds good :brock::)

More realsitic staff appointments by ai managers this is fm2014 and this still doesnt happen, certain managers will only move to a club if they have there own coaching staff yet this still doesnt happen surely it should play a big part in the interviews in the game and ai appiontments.

So... the Tactics Creator?

I'm guessing that I play Football Manager slightly differently than most people. When I was younger, newer to the game, and a less experienced virtual manager I think I did what most people do-- find the best, cheapest players and move up the leagues as quickly as possible. Over the years though, I found that no longer presented enough of a challenge for me as a manager. Beginning with FM2011, I became obsessed with the notion of building clubs with the best players of the local region and improving the youth academy until the local players could challenge for European titles. As a Roma fan, this consists of bringing players like Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Alberto Aquilani, Marco Amelia, Alessio Cerci, Daniele Galloppa, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Di Vaio, etc. back to the club (or to the club in the first place). I've also employed this strategy with other clubs, though. Most recently I took a small Portuguese club called Mirandela from the third tier of Portuguese football up to the Portuguese Premier League and into the Europa League in about 6 or 7 seasons (before my game started constantly freezing), mostly using players who originated within a 25-mile radius of Mirandela, Portugal. I roughly used Braganca, Chaves, and Vila Real as my (respectively) Eastern, Northern, and Southern borders. I used Google Maps to learn the local cities and clubs within this portion of NorthEast Portugal. At the beginning of every virtual July I would check all the local clubs (which I had subscribed to) for any re-gens worth my time, and use the Search: Staff and Search: Players functions to look for any staff or players born in the local towns that had appeared in the game since I last checked. As you can imagine, this was very tedious, but became very rewarding once I had built a squad of local players that was capable of competing at the highest level of professional football in Portugal. I understood that it would take a while before I built true European power. I often found youth players at Northern but rather distant Portuguese clubs like Porto, Braga, Olhanense, and Vizela who were born in cities near Mirandela. Also once I had upgraded my club's Youth Recruitment Network I was no longer getting kids who were born in solely in Mirandela; all of a sudden I was getting kids born from as far as a few hours away. Here is where the game could be really improved for me. I would be very satisfied if there were an interactive map feature built into the game that could maybe be accessed via a tab at the top of the game as well as through the Club Information or Player Information screens by clicking on a player's place of birth or the stadium location of the club. I could see the map functioning by zooming in on the continent and then country that one is looking at. Once you've zoomed in on a continent, you can drag your mouse over the various countries, which would become highlighted when the mouse is hovering above them. Once you've clicked on an individual country, the map should further zoom in and in the top left of the screen there should appear a list of the leagues within the football pyramid of that country, including the non-playable lower leagues. When you click on Serie A, red dots would pop up in the locations of all the clubs playing in that respective league. Next to the dot would be the name (s) of the club (s) playing in Serie A in that city. Once you get down into the lower-level regional leagues, the map should probably again zoom in to allow for proper spacing between the dots. That way you can focus on having local players and fostering good relationships with local clubs. I think this feature would really allow the geography-based side of the game to shine, and it could be incorporated into scouting because smaller clubs will normally only scout close to home due to money constraints, which is why (in real life) youth cast-offs of big clubs will often latch onto small local clubs out of convenience for all parties involved. Another feature I would also really like to see implemented would be a sort of Wikipedia page in conjunction with the current player bio page. A youth player in the FC Porto u19 squad whose place of birth is Chaves or Braganca, is facing a 1.5 to 2.5 hour drive to practice if they haven't moved into the in-house academy. That type of time commitment might be likely once a player is in his mid-teenage years and it has become clear that he has a future in professional football, but it's highly unlikely that FC Porto was this player's first club. I would be very satisfied if the bio page could include a history of the player's youth football like there is on Wikipedia and Transfermarkt. Most players are playing club football by the time they are 5-8, even if they are just playing at their tiny local club. Obviously, in some instances players are only playing at "football schools" until they are snapped up by a club a little later. And obviously, many of the players in Football Manager are so unknown that they aren't on Wikipedia and their early club histories aren't even on Transfermarkt. I don't expect you guys to hunt down the true youth histories of all the obscure professional players in the world, but it would be really nice if all re-gens could come into the game with their youth histories included in their wiki pages. This might mean that a 15-year old coming into Chelsea's academy through the youth intake who's place of birth is Watford, might have included in their wiki/bio page that they played for Watford from ages 6-13 before Chelsea snapped them up. For a real life example, it would mean including that Andres Iniesta was snapped up from Albacete when he was 12 in 1996. This would really allow me to create the kind of local squad I desire. My FM strategy is to have only local players at the club except for truly world class players. So, if I were managing Barcelona I would keep all the local born-and-bred Catalunyans like Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Puyol, Fabregas and the truly world class players like Messi, Neymar, and Iniesta... but sell some of the very good role players on the team who aren't from Catalunya like Pedro and Song. The in-game maps and wiki-pages would allow me to find out that Iniesta and Pedro, although they played at La Masia and Barcelona has been their only club as professionals, were actually snapped up as boys from smaller, distant Spanish clubs. I like to have my role-player squad spots filled by local talent, but my desire to build a squad of local players won't go as far as forcing me to sell a transcendent talent like Lionel Messi. Anyways, these additions would really improve the game experience for me. If you have any questions for me, I would be thrilled to speak to anyone from SI about my ideas. I really hope you like my ideas and will consider implementing them in time for FM2015. I have been a very satisfied customer over the years and have been so impressed by the changes made from when I first started playing the game seven years ago. Thank you for your time!

LOL, that is so sick. How come people would write a wall of text like that without even using a single paragraph? Can't you see it for yourself? Nobody will read this.

1. Add "Player Instructions" button on Match Screen
  2. Some suggestions for improving Stats Overview UI

NB: I believe that some of those could be a quick addition for FM14.

Hoping that a SI dev will give his opinion about these suggestions.

Cheers

No Haydar that isn't how this thread works, SI read it and anything they think viable/desirable goes into their internal "future features" DB and then gets considered for inclusion at the annual planning stage.

They will only post here if they want clarification or expansion of a suggestion.

Nothing suggested now is going to make it into FM14 I assure you.

Please do not write another new match engine from scratch. Take this one and make it work and base the game around that so that when FM15 launches the ME is perfect. Since the lef work is already done, then you get a headstart on making a new ME for FM16.

Seriously, FM13 was poor, even after patching and now in 14 we still need to wait for patches for the ME. Now I aprreciate the game is complex etc, etc, but I will happily accept 15 and even 16 using this ME fully working if it gives you the required amount of time to make the future ME work correctly on roll out.

One thing I've been thinking about over the last few days is the Analysis tab. It is absolutely invaluable as is, but what would take it to the next level would be something that should be reasonably simple to implement (as the data is already there).

We can already see, for example, where each player has made a pass, a tackle, a header etc. How about taking that and making it even more useful by splitting it into 10 minute time periods? - for example, 0.00 to 10 mins, 11 to 20, etc etc. Would certainly help with building tactics, and in preseason when you are tweaking everything from tactics to player instructions to team selection. I can't be the only one who makes 11 subs at half time in friendlies in order to get as many players up to match fitness as I can, and whilst the subs now show up in a different colour, it would be even better if I could just see what they did.

Willycookies that block of text nearly killed me :eek:

Even though you talked about in detail some interesting aspects that could be incorporated in to the game.

Hey Kazza and MichaelBrown, thanks so much for the love and the help in breaking my wall of text up. Sorry to everyone else about the wall of text. Do you guys know if there's anything more I can do to draw SI's attention to my ideas? I even tweeted a link to my post to Miles Jacobson, but he didn't respond. Anyways, thanks again for the positive feedback. Take care!

Archived