What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I posted this in another thread regarding training...hope someone from SI reads it!

Here's how I believe the game should work...

Training...Defend Set Pieces...there should be a bar from 0-100% ( bit like tactical familiarity)

The idea being to reach a good level of training in this area...

The more work done on defending set pieces the less chance there is of conceding from one...

At the moment we have the option of def set pieces in training before a match but given no visual or even textual information on whether or not this been successful or worthwhile...

Same should go for Defensive Positioning, Attack Set Pieces, Attack Movemnent...

We should have bars that over time and with better coaches etc should fill up...the idea being that you only have certain amount of training during a week before a match and it's up to you how best to fill these...

I would love to spend more of the game on training to help get better match results and performances...

As it is now its just pressing a few buttons and hoping it'll have an effect on tactics when clearly it doesn't..

I always thought that CM 03/04 had the best idea when it came to training...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/championship-manager-season-0304/screenshots/gameShotId,216148

I really liked the idea or concept of what actually you could do on the training ground...this idea could be much further developed...

I to think training then was far better

I liked making players who annoyed me do cross country all the time

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want players to remember they've already had a chat to me about something that is bothering them.

Twice now I've had 2 players come to me about wanting to 'move on' but for me to tell them that we can achieve promotion, this year, together. All within 3 weeks of each other!

Seriously, it can become very irritating.

Before anyone even asks, I've only played ONE league game! And we won that 3-1 to sit 2nd in the league. We are 5th favourites to go up (based on the odds given at the beginning of the season) and I have a talented, young squad. What more can they disagree with?

It is affecting the harmony, but they are players that will do well for me and get me up and technically, they agree considering their responses are 'if we don't go up, I'm off!' which is fair enough.

Another thing I want players to remember/recognise is the clubs ambition - and mine.

Taking my club in real life, Brentford, into consideration here. We have had many young players arrive over the last 3-4 years and progressed them on to become top players for our own club and ability to move on. I would love to see if players recognise what the club, and myself, are wanting to achieve and that we won't stand in the way if a top club with the right offer comes in. Harry Forrester came to us and went onto better things, same with Simon Moore, moving to the Premier League. Tom Adeyemi, even though it was a loan, came to us to resurect his career and did so, getting a move to Birmingham. I know there is a figure for 'ambition' in players and teams stats, but there isn't anything for career improvement and prospects etc. Admittedly, proof is the best way of showing that players can better themselves, so over time maybe a stat can increase/decrease when it happens.

One last thing, and again about players moving to clubs, just like the example above about the players wanting to leave and having a private chat and what I think we can achieve. I think we should be able to have a chat with the players FIRST before thrashing out a deal. Especially in the lower leagues. I say the lower leagues as unlike Premier League teams, and especially the likes of Chelsea etc, it is hard to convince someone to join. Brentford managed to talk Clayton Donaldson and Will Grigg into signing for Brentford when they did because of the ambition of the club. They even admitted it was when meeting the manager and the chats that convinced them to sign. All this 'key player' etc is sweet, but I want to tell my next signing that I want to get out of this division and your goals, or your mean tackling, will help me achieve it. I've seen you play many times and you are the right person for the job..... etc etc...

I couldn't be bothered to read 32 pages and find if any of these were already suggested, but wanted to put my opinion across.

Dynamic Reputation Change - e.g. when you get a league with 1 star reputation up to a 3*. The other teams improve as well, this doesn't happen as they stay just as bad, it makes the league pointless after about 4 seasons when you're trying to get a minnow to win the champions league

4) the option to take your staff with you if you leave the club

This I'd like.

An option where the club offers you a contract but you can select 'add staff you want to come with you' and the club you join can negotiate with the club you're leaving for the selected staff and release the ones the positions they'll take such as Assistant Manager etc.

I suggest a complete overhaul of how the clubs handle stadiums.

I've been promoted to the Championship with Forest Green. The stadium's capacity is 5147. It was opened in 2006, so it's relatively new. It was, however, built for a club playing in the Conference Premier, and there is no doubt that the club has outgrown its stadium a long time ago. I've read on here that the board will never consider building a new stadium if the current one is less than 20 years old, but shouldn't this be one of the cases where that isn't relevant? They'll expand the stadium by a few thousand each year if I stay in the Championship or get promoted into the Premier League, and I'm assuming I'll reach a point where expansions are no longer possible too. Not building a new one doesn't making any sense.

Also. The stadium's only got 2500 seats. After the promotion, the board announced that they'd invest in the stadium, making it an all-seater. During the remodeling, I'll play my home games at Ashton Vale in Bristol. It's a brand new 30 000 all-seater, currently not used by any of the two professional teams in Bristol. According to Google, Bristol is a 30-40 minute drive from the club's base in Stroud. Wouldn't it be better to rent this stadium permanently? Rent or buy? Instead of spending £2 million on remodeling a stadium with a capacity of 5147?

This is where I'll play the first six months of the next season. I'll then go back to this.

Would like to bump this with an update.

Played my first season in the Championship. The stadium's conversion to an all-seater is done around mid-December. Gone from a stadium with a capacity of 30,000 to 5,147 overnight, but my avg attendance was below that anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

After that season, they announce a new upgrade of my stadium, adding ~2,000 seats. I again play my games at Ashton Vale in Bristol in the first half of the season. (This is my second season in the Championship.)

I then win promotion to the Premier League. They immediately announce another upgrade of the stadium, this time making its total capacity 12,500. I move temporarily back to Bristol again.

I've now completed my first season in the Premiership, finishing fourth. I'll play in the Champions League qualifiers next season. The stadium has reached its maximum potential capacity, meaning I'm stuck with a 12,500 stadium the next six (+ at least a couple of years of planning + construction), regardless of how I perform. Every game has already been sold out, even reaching 20,000 ++ on occasions while still playing in Bristol.

From what I've gathered, the 20 year minimum between building new stadiums is hard-coded into the game, without exceptions, but, while the logic is there, I think it does have its flaws. Can't see why they'd realistically wait another six years.

If there isn't a mandatory 20 year wait, just pretend I wrote something really insightful instead.

I read a really good thread the other day, the main gist being tactics this year. The point came up about staff feedback, while the AI can't do anything the user can tactically, it can presumably work out which shouts/instructions you are employing? It would be great if during matches our assman could say "It looks like they are using Retain Possession" so they are using the in-game vocabulary. Staff attributes could effect the accuracy and detail of the assman's feedback, similar to attribute masking with scouts.

I would also like an overhaul of media and player interaction and a default dark skin for Classic.

Thanks.

1. More tactical control over your team, like the past series had, as Football Manager 2014 took from us a lot of tactical options. I can understand the reasons behind the tactics module changes, so the game is now more beginer friendly, but I think experienced players, like miself (I have more than 13 years FM experience), would like more control over the team tactics. Maybe, like you implemented the FMC game mode for players with little time to play, you could implement one for beginers, with lower difficulty and noob friendly tactical options.

2. More information in the opposition scouting reports, as I fell I get verry little information about my opposition before matches.

3. Teams should change their kits model from time to time, if not in every season, like most of the real teams do. I am in my 14th season in my save, and I still have my white-blue stripes kits from season one. I know it's not a huge factor in how the game works, but it will be nice to have this as you get bored to see the same models over and over again.

4. Club shops, so you can improve the club financial status by selling T-shirts and other products like real clubs do. Presentation matches for big players sign-ins, or friendly tourneys (this may allready be in the game, I don't manage big clubs) in different countryes that pay big buck to see your team (kinda like Real Madrid or Man. United do in Asia). All this are marketing orientated and can improve clubs finance.

5. Improve stadium conditions option, like training facilities have. Now we only have the options to build a new one, to expand the existing one or to change the ground. My stadium is falling appart for some years now, they allready closed a few stands due to degradation and I don't have the cash to build a new one. Improving the conditions to the existing one would be a great additon to the game.

Team talks need a complete overhaul too, they do get very boring, it would also make sense to have a free bit where you could add your own bit of team talk prior, during and after matches, I have a lot more inspirational stuff to say other than " let's carry on from where you left off last match" or " well done lad's that was a good win for us " no wonder the players get bored easily during matches.

I'd quite the like the post game analysis to be able to be broken down, I guess the simplest thing would be by halves. That way you can kinda see a graphical representation of how your changes are affecting the game as well.

Wesley6; This, definitely, would be a big help :thup:

Another one from me;

You know when you get invited to join the Reserve/Youth leagues? - I'd like to see the (estimated) cost for that for the season shown when the question is asked. That would make it easier to work out if you could afford to run a Reserve side, or if you'd be better off just going with a Youth team - or neither.

Also; I understand that for legal reasons Youth Team players Under the age of 16 at the start of the game are not included, and that's fine. But wouldn't it be great to have a Scouting option of 'Local Youth Leagues' (such a generic name would surely avoid any issues with licensing)? - You could then choose from a list of players to offer a trial to, who would then join those who are already in your academy when the Youth Candidates Match rolls around?

1. More tactical control over your team, like the past series had, as Football Manager 2014 took from us a lot of tactical options. I can understand the reasons behind the tactics module changes, so the game is now more beginer friendly, but I think experienced players, like miself (I have more than 13 years FM experience), would like more control over the team tactics. Maybe, like you implemented the FMC game mode for players with little time to play, you could implement one for beginers, with lower difficulty and noob friendly tactical options.

I've been playing since CM93, and this is the most tactically complex (and intuitive actually) of the lot!

Another thing: they need to sort out the linesman flagging so late! It's not a major issue just very annoying. I had a player get played through have a shot which was saved and their left back was halfway through their half when the offside flag went up!!

2. More information in the opposition scouting reports, as I fell I get verry little information about my opposition before matches.

This one I second. I would like to see a write up from my scout that will take some of the information in the report screen and encapsulate it (formation likely to be used, where they score most of their goals, where they are vulnerablevetc.) but also something about what the scout saw in terms of overall style like passing style, tempo, where they like their d-line etc. We can get all this info ourselves with a bit of digging, true, but then what need for the scout?

Oh, and bring back the 'arse' command :lol:

Following on from the revamped training screen... On the pie chart showing happy/content/unhappy with training players , would love to be able to click on one of those headings (esp the unhappy ones) and see who they are....

Hello I have some Idea's.

Why cant you see previous wages when talking to free agent players so you can decide if it work making an offer or not, you can see existing contracts on players who going to become a free agent when offering a contract. However unemployed players you cannot see the info.

also why cant you make player get a passport. I have seen over the years a number of player who could have an EU passport but don't fro some reason. I have bought players who could have a UK passport if they moved UK. Once the player has joined my team they get a UK passport. However if a player can qualify for an EU passport which not UK you cannot make them get one. In real life you could ask a player can you qualify for an EU passport if they can then they can one. So if a player can qualify for an Italian passport but does not have one, you could ask the player to get one.

Furthermore Why cant short-list Staff so you can keep a list of staff you may want to sign i.e list of physio's or scouts. As each time you look for different staff scouts or coaches the list changes and you cannot remember names

if it six months later the board let you have more space in your team for staff.

Yours

Farhan

Not sure if anyone has brought it up - the thread is way too long to check!

I understand it is easier to show it the way it is, but can we have the travelling time included in the game? Recently I came across this amazing situation: my main squad has a pre-season friendly in Japan, and my U18 squad has a friendly at home in London. In theory I fly my main squad out to Asia and prepare for the game, while my U18s remain in UK.

On the match day, one of my players was injured so I needed a backup player on sub. I was able to choose my U18 player because (perhaps of timezone difference) the U18 match was later than the main squad friendly in Japan. This doesn't make sense at all, unless my players are all schrodinger's footballer!

So my suggestion is: for every away match, select a number of players to fly with you (can be unlimited number, if you want you can select your own squad!) and those players are the ONLY ones available for that match. Put a bit of realism in the game! And this can be related to the club finance (a cost to travel for every selected player) and tiredness.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up - the thread is way too long to check!

I understand it is easier to show it the way it is, but can we have the travelling time included in the game? Recently I came across this amazing situation: my main squad has a pre-season friendly in Japan, and my U18 squad has a friendly at home in London. In theory I fly my main squad out to Asia and prepare for the game, while my U18s remain in UK.

On the match day, one of my players was injured so I needed a backup player on sub. I was able to choose my U18 player because (perhaps of timezone difference) the U18 match was later than the main squad friendly in Japan. This doesn't make sense at all, unless my players are all schrodinger's footballer!

So my suggestion is: for every away match, select a number of players to fly with you (can be unlimited number, if you want you can select your own squad!) and those players are the ONLY ones available for that match. Put a bit of realism in the game! And this can be related to the club finance (a cost to travel for every selected player) and tiredness.

I've been banging on about this for years :thup: - and not just for preseason games. Imagine if you are managing, say, Torquay, away to Carlisle. Due to the distance, you would travel the day before. It wouldn't be realistic to call-up a player from your Youth Team to fill a gap if someone had a Saturday morning injury.

I've been banging on about this for years :thup: - and not just for preseason games. Imagine if you are managing, say, Torquay, away to Carlisle. Due to the distance, you would travel the day before. It wouldn't be realistic to call-up a player from your Youth Team to fill a gap if someone had a Saturday morning injury.

SI should really look into this to make the game real (this is what you guys aim, right?) - although by then the forum would be flooded by angry rants by ignorant users e.g. "I clicked auto-select squad and now why can't i select my player in reserve squad for the game! I sign him and I have the right to own his life!" etc

Could we have interaction with the Fans.They get so upset when I applied for other much bigger club's if I could explain to them that my contracts up in a week and the offer of a new one from the Chairman is rubbish they may understand.

I'm sure half of mine spend far too long on FM.

I'd like to see some more options added to training.

Where we can already select training on player roles and able to select one attribute to work on how about being able to select a few more attributes and create a different training regime. And be able to make alterations to existing ones for example say a player is training as winger and it has crossing in the schedule but he's already got high crossing attribute we can change the crossing to something else that he's weaker on?

Lot of players these days have an individual schedule, Rio for example irl had a specially designed one to help his bad back and allowed him to play more games as a consequence.

Consolidation Season After Winning the League.

I was wondering the other day why is there no option to do a consolidation season after winning the league with a team that is not supposed to win the league. It happened to me in my Southampton save, won the league 3rd season. After that half my players wanted out since the big names were after them, I had no chance of retaining them. Loosing my two Center Mids : Wanyama and Schneiderlin. I had no way to replace them, anyways the board wanted top four. I had no chance to rebuild a squad aiming for top four, I lacked depth and had two key players missing. The thing is it would be amazing to say to the board:

"With my current squad I dont think I´ll be able to replicate my success from last season. Next Season I will had already rebuilt the squad and I will be able to get the team to the top four"

Or something like that, sorry if my language was not perfect, its very early in the morning and English is not my native language.

Would love to hear your opinions on the matter.

Thanks for reading.

Dynamic Reputation Change - e.g. when you get a league with 1 star reputation up to a 3*. The other teams improve as well, this doesn't happen as they stay just as bad, it makes the league pointless after about 4 seasons when you're trying to get a minnow to win the champions league

Does this happen indirectly? Meaning if you're managing a team in, say, Norway, that regularly gets to the knockout stages of the CL every year, wouldn't each away game draw more fans because of your team's reputation? In the long run, this would give teams more money to buy better players. Maybe it's just a very slow process?

SI should really look into this to make the game real (this is what you guys aim, right?) - although by then the forum would be flooded by angry rants by ignorant users e.g. "I clicked auto-select squad and now why can't i select my player in reserve squad for the game! I sign him and I have the right to own his life!" etc

That's the thing, it could be construed as too 'micro-management' I suppose, but would add a lot to the game I feel.

Perhaps a variant that could add even more is selecting a 'Matchday Squad'. On a Friday (before a Saturday game), You'd pick your squad for the match - starting xi, subs, and, should finances/board/club policies (is there a Reserve/Youth team game they are needed for?) allow, extras to cover injuries or just get experience. How often do you hear of young players 'travelling with the squad' to get experience, or players who are coming back from injury included in squads?

It could lead to other inclusions, such as Pre-Match fitness tests and warmup injuries.

I would love for a less stupid press system.

It's a complete waist of my time having to deal with the other manager saying my 8 months injured completely unfit player is the team's weakest link.

How hard is it to limit choices for weakest link to at least first team or higher status?

Guest El Payaso

- The motivation levels for players. Not necessarily visible but for reports you could see that "the player is fairly motivated to play for your team" and so on. This would allow different kind of career paths for players and players like Rooney wouldn't always 'rot' at the age of 31-32 when managed by AI managers. Over 30-year-olds should also be able to improve as footballers as they are enjoying their best years as players at the start of their thirties.

- More versatility to tactics. Really, tactics do become boring in such a short time as you are able to create a succesful style of play in time of 2-3 minutes and don't really have too many sensible options availabe if you want to tweak it. I don't know how you should do it but you in SI are able to interact with real life managers and you could really ask for tips how to make it more challenging and versatile. This is what atleast I would need. Movement as a team, passing, defending, pressing, all of these need more options and really that view of how to do it...

- Players slowly moulding to style of play; not only training should influence the players' attributes but style of play also. If you play a slow short passing possession game, the players should slowly mould their attributes to support that style of play as the gametime is one of the most important factors in developement. This shouldn't happen in months but slowly during several seasons at the same club and under same style of play.

- Remove the player search. Overpowering and unrealistic tool.

- Better balanced regens. No-one wants to see these 15-year-old almost superstars. Also better 'logic' in attributes and these mental stats that don't improve too much shouldn't be so low for most of the players.

- Not going to mention anything about the ME as I've done that so many times already.

Expand how stadiums are generated. We already have different styles and different numbers of tiers. There's a big difference in the 3D engine between the Conference stadia and Premier League top-4!

It would be great to have these 'Personalised' still further though, even having customisable seat colours was a boost in FM14.

For instance: In the 'Stadium' section of the Pre-Game editor, as well as the current options, have each individual stand customisable for Capacity (subsections for seated/standing), Tiers, Style (Rounded/Square, Old/Modern), Covered, Joined-ends, Executive Boxes.

4 'Rounded', 'Modern', Covered 3-tier stands with Joined-ends become the Etihad, Emirates, Wembley.

4 'Square', 'Modern', Covered 2-tier stands with Joined-ends becomes White Hart Lane.

3 'Square', 'Modern', Covered 1-tier stands with 1 'Old', 'Square' stand? St Andrews.

Having one massive stand smaller adjoining ones? Old Trafford and St James Park.

Stadiums have a place in the heart of every fan, making them more unique in the game will give every team a distinct atmosphere in the ME. You'd change clubs and be playing in a different 'Home'.

Upgrading Stadiums can then be shown in the ME, imagine climbing through the leagues and gradually more 'Modern' stands replace the older terracing, or moving whole-sale to a new modern stadium after a promotion.

Would be easy to research for the bigger clubs. Smaller ones can start as more generic, but fans can modify them in the editor easily till they have an accurate representation of where they watch football every week.

I believe these are in the game already (and even before I'd try and have a friendly against a BIG team or a player's first club if he was retiring that season).

But it would be a great way to 'pay tribute' to a beloved player (and we all have them in CM/FM games!) if these occasions could be made bigger.

Both teams could 'invite' old/retired players (as long as they are in the database) to play in the Testimonial, this could take the form of the game generating player stats applicable to the players age, so they could at least get out on the pitch as a 'guest'. Hoddle, Beckham, Phil Neville, Teddy Sheringham etc. Treat them as basically being on a 'triallist'-type contract, so they aren't eligible for league games.

Similarly be able to 'invite' former team-mates of the player or players on his 'favourite-staff' list. Treat these as a short-term (single game) loan, or else similar to international call-ups or 'All-star' call-ups, with the parent club able to issue instructions on how long their player can play in the match for.

To be able to play the Testimonal against an 'All-Star' or 'Best of the World' side, which the AI can select a manager (possibly an unemployed one) and 'invite' it's own players for.

It's always a shame when a much beloved player moves clubs or retires. Having a truely massive match to send them off would be a lot of fun...till your star player gets crocked by a 'guesting' Roy Keane perhaps!

Some miscellanious ideas:

The women's football pyramid - This would be a bit 'niche' but women's football is growing in scope and coverage, even just the top leagues and international teams would be a neat addition. Those teams affiliated with the mens team in the area can be listed under affiliations with coaching and financial support. They could be playable, and could provide an 'easy' route in if you start as a manager with no reputation, or were looking for your first international managment job.

Obviously it would have to be hard-coded into the game that only women can sign for these teams, but we have gender as selectable in the game right now, so why not have women players?

Other sports teams - certain teams ground-share with Rugby Union or Rugby League clubs (Wigan and Oxford as two examples). Maybe have these teams in the game? They wouldnt be playable, or even have players assigned but would have the 'Home' screen visible with the team name and kits to view, with a brief text showing the teams history (like we get when joining a new team).

In-game this can account for the state of the pitch (as the rugby team is playing there as well) and might mean the pitch has to be re-laid more often.

Also if you are looking to build a new stadium, an option to ground-share (and split the cost) with another sports team could be a possibility? Maybe have a few of the more well-known ones in the database, for teams that share support with local football teams. These teams could also maybe ask to hire your stadium if they have a big game on or get 'promoted' in game (Stadium: MK has hosted some Rugby union games I think) and this could provide a financial boost for your Football Club. This could take the form of a short news item: "London Welsh RFC have been promoted to the ****-division for this season and are redeveloping their stadium/would like to use your stadium for the duration of the season. This would generate income of **** in rent." . Depending on your reputation maybe the board would ask your opinion, or else they could just accept the money and leave you to deal with the state of the pitch! Similarly if your stadium is being re-developed perhaps you could ground-share with the local Rugby club for the duration, allowing you to stay reasonably local?

You could also get the odd news item regarding other sports teams: "Leeds Rhinos have won the Rugby League Superleague Playoff final at Wembley today in front of a gate of **** cheering supporters in their showpiece final." If you're playing as Leeds they could then have a line in the post-match report: "...the game was also notable for the players and staff of Leeds Rhinos Rugby League club parading the Superleague trophy at half-time." Maybe this could have an effect on moral or the team's second-half performance, or generate a special line in the half-time team-talk for your boys to go out and emulate their success.

The NFL - as with the rugby teams above, they use Wembley a few times a year, maybe to the detriment of the pitch if you are to play an international game on it in the weeks to follow. Again you could have a few of these franchises in the database, just as 'dummy-teams' with a home-page and kits but no players and every year they could play these show-piece games at Wembley, with a news item to follow with the score and attendance.

You would have the opportunity to link up with a franchise though, as 'affiliates' for merchandising boosts and to build your team's 'brand' in America. I think part of the deal taking Jermain Defoe to Toronto was a commercial link up with the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL side, with our kit to be sold alongside their hockey jerseys in the club-shop.

Maybe go over there every season and play a friendly, as Man City and Chelsea are planning in Yankee Stadium (so yeah, include Baseball Teams too!) using your affiliate's stadium as your 'home' ground for the tour.

If you have a stadium that can accomodate the 'Grid-iron' then perhaps these franchises can approach you about hosting a game or two at your stadium, as they do at Wembley already, with the financial boost this would entail.

(I've added a few NFL teams to my database already, with kits, and the 'London Monarchs' are due to move into Tottenham's 56'000 seat AIG Arena as tenants when it opens in 2016. Now if only I could work out how to generate fixtures with the other NFL teams? You heard it here first #londonfranchise).

Also these teams would have boards, stadiums, big finances and reputations in America (obviously it would have to be hard-coded that no football players joined them though!). But these boards could then take over your club, much like the FSG have done with Liverpool, bringing with it it's own perks and potential problems.

Obviously not advocating introducing other sports and match engines whole-sale to FM, that would be silly. But creating a wider world of sport for FM could make the database feel more real, and provide some new and interesting ways to play the game. One of my favourite memories in FM over the years was guiding my David Beckham-captained, Gareth Bale top-scoring Team GB to an Olympic Gold Medal at the London 2012 Olympics. Sounds silly but 'felt' different to winning at the World Cup or Champion's League...it was Olympic Gold! And I'd had a lot of fun putting together a Unified British team of U23 players to do so, on home soil, the ONLY time it could happen.

Sharing a stadium with the 'London Monarchs' or seeing a news item about 'my' NFL team (Miami Dolphins) winning at Wembley would be a neat aside in the middle of the repetetive news items about team of the week and my scouts telling me about someone who I have no interest in signing! And while I sometimes find play-throughs with the same team a bit repetitive, a sudden board take-over of Spurs by the San Francisco 49'ers would make that play-through more interesting!

Some sort of SDK that allows people to edit game mechanics as in ME and etc. You need all the time up until March to get the ME into a playable state. Give us the tools, I'm sure there are enough capable people that could handle it.

probably been posted before, if so my +1:

some interaction from the byline like all managers do, clap at the team after a good move, yell at the defense to get their act together, encourage when things aren't going so well, support your youngster on his debut, put pressure on the officials, etc.. all kinds of stuff, even demeanour so your players see if you're happy, worried, angry, relaxed, stressed, kicking bottles around :)

i like the teamtalk system but during matches it's like i'm just a statue giving out instrutions! and who wouldn't like to harass the linesman after rulling out a goal or yell frantically at the referee to end the match on 94:01?! :p

Just sort out the god damn press conferences! No more nonsensical response options and utterly irrelevant questions.

Manager should also be able to raise issues such as disallowed goals or performances if the journalists don't (because they are too bust asking a non-league manager who'll win World player of the year).

Not a big thing but I'd like to be able to search for a player by role. On the scout report, you can see which roles players are more suited to. Filters already in the game so if I wanted to search for all players that can play as a F9 I just click that filter and players are filtered for key attributes of a F9. Maybe set each highlighted attribute for the specific role to 10 then the user can add or takeaway depending on either the league they are playing or level of player available to them.

I know people usually make such filters and have them available to download but unless somebody does, you have to spend an age going through each position and role, writing down the highlighted attributes and then set up your filters and save them. If the game contained pre-determined filter's from the off with the key attributes set to 10, the user could easily click the filter for the position they are after and then increase or decrease the attributes by 1 each time till they find players they are happy with for their level.

Apologies if there are already filters like this set up in the game but I can't find them.

We need Keep trainging focus options changed I don't see much point of having pen & free kicks for keepers in all my time playing FM I've only had one who could take set pieces( he took my free kicks & pens!) 1on1's also need to be added, maybe it would also be possible to train command of area

One thing that REALLY annoys me is that the day after the last game of the season when I go to team training, it says 'squad end of season break'. That's fine, but when players return I don't want them to be on low ball control/balanced for the first week of preseason.

Can you either:

a) give the option to change training during the off-season, so that it's setup ready to go, or

b) when players return prompt the user to choose what training they start with?

I would like a savegame converter made for future releases of FM. I've been a dedicated fan since the original CM playing many good games with my mate. But everytime we have to stop our game, because a new CM/FM has been released. Nice with the new features, but it's irritating not to be able to continue playing your savegame. At the moment we play online in FM12 nearing 500 hours gametime. I won't throw that away. So I will not be buying any future releases of FM before they incorporate a savegame convertion system, so I can import my old savegame. I will be missing out on the nice new features, the improved graphics, the updates tournament rules/transfer rules, and I'm a bit sad about that. But please make save game convertion system, so I can keep playing FM with style!

I would like a savegame converter made for future releases of FM. I've been a dedicated fan since the original CM playing many good games with my mate. But everytime we have to stop our game, because a new CM/FM has been released. Nice with the new features, but it's irritating not to be able to continue playing your savegame. At the moment we play online in FM12 nearing 500 hours gametime. I won't throw that away. So I will not be buying any future releases of FM before they incorporate a savegame convertion system, so I can import my old savegame. I will be missing out on the nice new features, the improved graphics, the updates tournament rules/transfer rules, and I'm a bit sad about that. But please make save game convertion system, so I can keep playing FM with style!

Never going to happen

1. In the In-Game Editor, there should be features which allow you to design stadiums rather than just picking the capacity and name.

2. Also in the In Game Editor there should be a feature which allows you to design patterns on kits etc.

3. There should be a feature which allows the users to design or upload a team logo.

4. Also design the training ground, choose which equipment it has etc.

If any of these features are included, can someone tell me where they are?

The tactics system is just not at all representative of real life football tactics. There is no transition play coaching, no restart procedures, no specific formation changes/movements for on and off the ball. It's just very flat. Really needs adjusting because it's a huge let down (a few fancy new player roles doesn't change anything!).

I'd love to be able to play a high intensity pressing game in the next game. I basically can't achieve nothing near to what I want in how I want my team to play. I've spent seasons with teams just to see if we'll ever come anything close to "intense" pressing. Closing down a player on this FM is basically jogging up to the opposing player half-heartedly. There's been a big uprise in a high pressing game ever since Barcelona's success with it, so I was so surprised to see the lacklustre pressing implemented in this game. It's not only the big teams who do it as well, look at Southampton under Pochettino, Chile NT under Sampaoli, Bilbao under Bielsa, Rayo Vallecano etc.

(yay, long time no posting for me) I think it's time SI improved on 3 major things and 2 minor ones.

1. The sound of the game. They are too basic and anyone who has been to a ground knows about atmosphere. Each type of league should have different crowd sounds. Such as in the UK a "yeaaahhh" sound when chances or goals scored or a "goooooallllll" sound in the crowd when scored in say, Spain or Italy.

2. The graphics of the game. Nothing needs to be said here....I don't want FIFA, but I would like to see hair styles, and better animations .

3. Add things that other manager games seem to do well (but fail at what SI do best :D ), such as adding a personal life, stadium expansions, ticket price changes etc and add this into a new mode. The new mode should be available with FMC and FM Career mode (ie the normal mode). While I totally appreciate that SI don't like heading in that direction or many hardcore fans don't like it, this will only bring more sales for people who want those modes and use other games like FIFA Career mode, FIFA Manager or FX Eleven. I for one would love to totally manager my club, especially from the ground roots up.

Finally....another 2 minor ideas.

4. Option to be a chairman....signing a manager, sacking, adding more funds etc.

5. A new "dugout" view for the 3D match engine. This is a cam view in FIRST PERSON from the managers perspective. The view might not be the best to see things on the pitch, but its the most realistic one.

Thanks!

Archived