What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

1. More interaction in terms of what fans are making of your performance both good and bad, perhaps this could be implemented by fan events in which you have to turn up to answer questions from the fans of your team, and it would go well boasting your status with fans or go bad and could suddenly but you under pressure.

2. becoming a pundit during pre-season answering questions on TV about European tournaments after you have built a profile.

3. Chairman & Owner interaction what they do for a living and how much wealth they have could form parts as to how they are with there manager.

4. celebrity fans the power they could hold by talking of your performance both good and bad

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Right now training individual players is done as all or none in the full version but in FMT you can choose to take over training of an individual player. It would be nice to only train those whom one wishes to in the full version as well just like in FMT.

Stuff I have asked for many times before:

- It would be very nice to be able to set a minimum team role in order to receive loan offers for players. I am sick and tired of being offered so many offers to loan my players out as rotation players, I wish I could set it so that a loan offer MUST be at least first team or I do not get it.

- In Team Selection Guidelines it would be nice to be able to not allow a player with a certain number in Condition play... for example, I would like to not have players under 91 condition be selected.

I saw a guy posted about my loan suggestion, but I wanted to address it because that is not the solution...

You can already do this of sorts, if you're offering someone out for loan you can 'lock' the required squad status as part of the Offer to Clubs

No, you can only do this once when you offer them out, but they ignore it after the initial offer. For example, I offer a player out and he gets no interest upon the initial offer, later on teams will approach and ignore that minimum team status qualification we set earlier. It would be nice to do this all of the time, not just once.

I'd like it if talking to a player who is not interested in transferring to your club would make an actual difference sometimes. It's still the same system as last year, I've spoken to 100's of players on FM15 and not one of them was interested after talking, on FM16 I've spoken to a few players and nothing again, it's a pointless option.

I'd like it if talking to a player who is not interested in transferring to your club would make an actual difference sometimes. It's still the same system as last year, I've spoken to 100's of players on FM15 and not one of them was interested after talking, on FM16 I've spoken to a few players and nothing again, it's a pointless option.

It does make a difference. I was able to do this in the Beta. I offered to make him captain and he said that would sway him.

That's the first time I've ever heard of it working, the thing is I don't want to have to offer captaincy to get a player, the player was just a 19 year old with potential, realistically I should be able to offer something else, a wage hike, an Bugatti Veyron or something. (sarcasm about the Bugatti option)

Ironman mode (Aka true manager mode):

- The player does not have to exercise self-control in order to avoid "savescumming" (weekly save after every match and after every major injury).

- The player can't create a new persona within this game

The advantages:

- Great boost in comparing saves with your mates, sounds childish but there is a very different sense of accomplishment

- No more cynical reactions when posting something online

- In another game that I play with this option everything seems more real and more important

- No chance anymore to ruin your own save after a rage quit

They introduced Ironman mode to the game Europe Universalis and it was a huge success, makes it harder to rage quit too, you have to think first.

That's exactly where I(and probably many others) have the idea from (but didn't want to advertise the game here). Fell in love with that game mainly due to the Ironman mode. Comparing saves has never been so intense and rewarding.

A lot of times when a friend shows a ridiculously successful save there is always that voice in my head that says(He has probably cheated).

If there would be an Ironman mode I would feel less reluctant to contribute to the FM career forum probably (I'm always extremely lucky in the game).

I have cheated in FM 07 due to rage and I couldn't be bothered to load the game up after spending 250 hours on it.

Tweak to the tactics creator.

Currently you can hover over the Pie icon and get a popup showing positional features. What would be amazing would be an Icon that you can hover over to see the player instructions which are enabled for a player. You don't need to be able to change them from there, but to be able to see at a glance what you have turned on would be really handy. PI's tend to get lost in the depths, and if you forget that you have a setting turned on can negatively affect your performance. This would be a quick way to see what you have set in your tactic without having to click on anything, and you could easily peek at all 11 players in about 15 seconds.

Taking this one step further, you could do the same thing on the team instruction button where it says Instructions (5). If you hovered over it and it listed what you have turned on you could quickly check what was set at a glance. This could also come thru into the match screen.

Another thing I find myself wishing is that I can hover over my formation widget and see the role/duty, right click on the player to bring up the role change, or move a player to a position. In effect your teams formation becomes a quick tactic editor without you having to move away from the action.

I think the scouting system needs a complete overhaul. If your a Brazilian club, let's take Gremio as an example, its most likely you "cannot afford to scout" players in Europe or the middle east. Yet in reality, you would have access to online databases, dvd's, contacts etc...Why not have the option to scout a player in person (sending your scout) or by video/third party (which is what the FM database is used for in real life for some clubs). Also, taking the Brazilian angle further, a lot of the players who move to Russia, China or the Middle East end up back in Brazil playing and most likely had a decent career when starting out so they would be known within Brazil.

It seems ridiculous that I cannot scout Romolu from Spartak Moscow because I cannot afford because in real life I could ask for dvd copies of his last 5 games or ring up a contact in Russia and ask their opinion.

Same wish as last year. I wish that FM would give players a level made out of a number for each position. The level to be composed out of an algorithm of his skills. I noticed a screenshot I think in which the game editor has that available already but as for now, the game is still unplayable for me without player levels.

The star level is non sense since it adjusts depending on what teammates a player has, so it's not his real level, it's a level in comparison to his teammates.

I guess you don't need 55$ from me for implementing that option.

Fifa Manager's system of level 0 to 99 plus talent made up of stars was brilliant, PES Club Manager is coming strong with that system on mobile devices. You should implement this soon or you might lose many if PES Club Manager decides to compete or Fifa Manager comes back.

I'll be checking FM 17...

I am playing FMC (FMT) again but this is relevant to both games. I notice on most threads these days that the major advice to see why a tactic is working or not is to watch games in full. Obviously a lot of players don't want/have the time to do that or aren't really interested in tactic building and want to just squad build and play. So what would be really good because the ready made tactics aren't really much cop is that each team has say at least two good tactics based around the strengths of the squad either already within the teams tactical dropdown menu or as suggested by an improved Assistant Manager. Not suggesting it has to be plug and play but at least a good starting template to help players with less confident tactical knowledge or lazy buggers who just want to play quickly and still can have something half decent to start with.

I would like to have the ability to compare a player to:

- Average of the league

- Average of the league with starting players (more than 3 matches)

- Average of the league within the position

- Average of the nation

All of these don't have to be exactly calculated, but it can be what my scout, coach, … thinks is average.

Thing is, that sometimes when playing a new club in a new league, I have my difficulties to judge if a player is e.g. slow, has bad passing etc.

For lower leagues, you have to expect a certain drop in the attributes, but by how much? Is the player up for the job in my current competition?

Another thing: I think that the position itself should be of less importance and the role / playing style should be emphasized. I love the concept of giving the players a role to playing. It gives the game a great depth in terms of tactics without going absurdly deep into it.

I.e. if a player is doing well as AML, he will almost certainly give a good AMR as well. Of course he might not be natural and he might have some deficit, especially if he is single-footed, but I would say that he should be able to play it at least at a decent level.

I'd also say that a good AML/Winger has a good chance of playing a good AMR/IF, which at least currently does not seem to be implemented that way.

As for roles: I think there are too many for the strikers. AF and P are very similar. I also think that the differences between the DLF and the DF are rather small.

Edit: Oh, one more thing: I would like to have the option to select an "area" to focus on instead of a single attribute. A bit like the coaching sections.

So a player can focus on:

- Attacking

- Defending

- Tactics

- Mental

- Fitness / Physical Attributes

etc.

Team meeting plays a part in boosting morale of players when the team has had a few bad results in the league or when the team is en-route/with-in reach of winning the title with morale going from bad to good in some cases instantly, which makes an impact on the performance of players/team in the remaining fixtures. Extending such feature leading upto the UCL/CUP final like for example "You have done very well to reach the final, now let's go one better and win the UCL/Cup final to become part of the club's famous history" or if the club has won a title and plays for another in the cup final " U have won the double not many have won the treble,let's go for the treble" would be a nice little feature to boost morale leading up to the FINALS

Tried to look if someone already posted this, but couldn't find it, so here it goes:

As a top club I find it hard loaning out young, promising players above a certain age.

At Bayern, I have Hojbjerg and Kimmich, but since competition on that position is fierce and I want them to play a full season or two of regular football, I want to send them on load. But I cant. Because no one's making an offer! Not under any conditions.

I'd be great if that will be improved and if the player rejects because they don't want to move to a lesser known club (or one with less rep), it'd be great to talk to them and convince them that playing time is the best to ensure them a future place in the first team, or give them an improved contract or something.

Hi there! Below are some suggestions that I have for the Network part of the game as I believe it needs a major overhaul. We are currently in 2016 and the growth of Esports has made PvP one of the most exhilarating experiences.

1) The interface! It hasn't changed since since a long time.

2) A mechanism for matchmaking. Not all of us have friends that play Football Manager. Most current PvP games have some sort of Public chat rooms for players to look for opponents to play against. In the main menu there should be a button which says "Play Online" and this should take you to a world similar to FM Live, when I say this I don't mean recreate FM Live, I mean take the public chat rooms, the friends list and the "Finding Opponent" mechanisms. Take the things that help create a community. For example, lets say I have an offline save, I export my team - go to Play Online and click "Find Opponent".

3) Have the matches hosted on SI's servers. A lot of times in the past I couldn't play with people because of routers that just refuse connections no matter what you do or Windows Firewall acting up.

4) The ability to chat with your opponent during matches.

5) Have a sound play if someone joins your game. When I create a game I will most probably be browsing or doing something else.

6) Allow for more than 6 teams in draft-mode, let the user choose this - I don't see the harm? If it takes a long time its up to the user to decide if they want to wait or not.

7) Customise leagues along with rules. Possibilities are endless here, for example ability to create rules where you can only draft players from a certain region, or you can only have one player from a give nation.

8) Allow for more choices for starting budget - again I don't see the reason why the user can't control this? Having three choices only doesn't allow for different experiences.

These are just some thoughts that I had, giving the online part of the game an overhaul can really take this game even more ahead of its competition. Hope you guys think about it :)

When a team is travelling for an away game. Team goes to the city of away team one or more days earlier. So match squad is already determined a few days before the match. To add more realism to Football Manager, 18 player squad selection (starting eleven and subs, this value changes on league basis) must be submitted before travel for an away game. Also the manager should be able to explain why he leaves players out of match squad or starting eleven.

When a team is travelling for an away game. Team goes to the city of away team one or more days earlier. So match squad is already determined a few days before the match. To add more realism to Football Manager, 18 player squad selection (starting eleven and subs, this value changes on league basis) must be submitted before travel for an away game. Also the manager should be able to explain why he leaves players out of match squad or starting eleven.

Not really realistic, the actual matchday squad isn't submitted until an hour or so before the match to the officials.

Most clubs take far more than the 18 players to away days, you can't legistate for an injury in a warm up. SOmoe players are included in away days even if injured because they help with the atmoshpere in the dressing room and there's always some youngsters taken to give them experience.

I understand what you meant. I didn't write in that detail.I suggest choosing 18 or more people before travelling. And before game time starting eleven can be selected and if a player is unhappy being left out of starting eleven, the manager should be able to talk to that player. Poor match performance, midweek game, outfield behaviour, training performance can be the reasons to tell him why he is out of first eleven.

The loan market appears way too active on the game, think it needs toning down (very few 16/17 year olds actually go loan IRL), maybe it needs the introduction of 'work experience'/youth loans for youth players to mirror how football works.

Developing young players is tied in with that - a player performing well in youth teams should be rewarded with the option of joining the senior squad for training for a week, or two weeks. Not sure there's enough separation in how the various squads that exist at football clubs are run and how personnel are moved between them during a season depending on injuries/form/development. For example, it's not uncommon for a first team player to return to training with a reserve or u21 side before joining a first team (not just playing with the younger side).

The training section is another area that doesn't really mirror football today. Post-match recovery sessions and the science/data that sits behind training sessions doesn't appear to have been considered in FM so far. Admittedly I tend not to pay too much attention to training within the game so happy for someone to suggest how you can mirror the schedules the players do have nowadays but to me it seems like the training area can be developed further (getting weekly reports on how far players have run in training; choosing to move players to different squads for a period of time to help with their development or motivate them; choosing to have double sessions; choosing what time of day you train - i.e. you might normally train in an afternoon but if you're travelling for an away European game maybe you train in the morning of that day instead, before travelling).

For the next release:

Controlling staff already in the game. I'd love to see an option where, instead of creating a manager from scratch, we choose a member of staff already in the game, and take control of the club of our choice.

Say I want to take over Man Utd, but at the same time I quite like the idea of Ryan Giggs becoming the next manager after Louis van Gaal. This option would allow me to simply take control of Ryan Giggs, and then choosing to manage United. We would retain the CA, attributes and reputation of said member of staff (but with the usual PA of 200 that I believe human managers get). So depending on which person you choose, there'd be varying challenges depending on those attributes and reputations.

Another thing is, that it gives us the chance to control a recently appointed manager. Rafa Benitez was appointed in the summer, so those of us who can be really pedantic about keeping the game realistic would just choose to control Rafa, rather than creating our own manager, only for Rafa to be fired a month into his new job, because we want to manage Real Madrid.

For future verssions:

Completely getting rid of Potential Ability. This is something I've thought would help to immensely balance the database, but it is a huge change from what we're used to. Obviously I'm not saying players shouldn't evolve, rather that how good a player can become should be calculated by the game itself, rather than an arbitrarily set PA.

Needless to say there would be loads of things to take into account. The players CA and age (how good is he for his age) being the primary things to look for. But his personal attributes like Determination, Ambition, Professionalism etc. as well as injuries would play a role as well.

The whole idea of saying just how good a 17 year old kid can become is impossible. And I don't get how you can have two 17 year olds in the game, with the same Current Ability, yet one is a -8 and the other a -6. I'm well aware that there's no guarantee for either player to reach that level, but who decides which 17 year old is more talented and how? If they're equally good players. So simply creating an algorithm that leaves that choice to the game (based on what I've said above) seems like a perfect solution.

This could be left as an optional thing at first, letting users get accustomed to the idea, but ultimately I think it would result in a much more fair database, where every player's potential is chosen without any bias or guesswork from the researchers. They're only left to judge how good a player currently is, which is a far easier task.

I havent read through all the ideas as theres is 60 pages of them lol.

but here are my 2 bits.

Kit designer. I know that most people use custom kits for their games but it would be nice if the various different templates were included in the game and at the end of each season you could re-design the kit with an ingame editor. obviously the customisation would have to take into account the different styles of kits and allow for people to upload their own if they wished but i think an editor would greatly increase the personalisation of my team and emotional attachment. also the ai teams would change theirs automatically but with just small changes to the kits.

Youth Team management. start as an unknown youth coach in the U18's or U21's league and prove yourself in the lower leagues increasing your skills while waiting for the caretaker manager position to open up.

Manager wages. I know that IRL we never really know what a manager spends his cash on but the odd inbox message in the vain of " J. Doe. manager of Fleetwood Town today invested in a race horse and its first race ended with a 3rd place finish at the grand national" or " With the release of long-time Manchester United manager J. Doe's autobiography immediatly taking the top spot on the New York Times Bestseller list. Doe has use his new found income by aquiring a brand new limited addition ferrari......."

Stadium Editor. again i know that a manager does not normally get involved with such club aspects, but a stadium designer would again increase the involvment of the club and be so much fun, naming stands etc.

a request after 10/15/20 years of management for a world league involvment. imo after such a long career the game becomes fairly easy. once your reputation and finances are through the roof. why not make a request for a league with the top 20 world cooefficients positions to get invited to a World league where the best of the best battle it out. obviously this would have a massive change on the real life leagues and a massive game changer, involvment would be by choice and the current top leagues would have to be amended to take into account the teams leaving.

use an actual retired player as your manager. become the player, be the manager. take over a real world person and start their journey into managment, if only paul ince had my guidance when he started, roy keane would have been the best manager in the world with my input :p. etc etc.

a longshot but Be the player. obviously mahusive change to the current game but manage a single player. follow managers instructions etc. fight for a better contract. transfer etc. i dont mean control the player on the pitch but instead the same way as we control the manager, think of personality etc. work your way up from a vanerama team to the champs league final.

anyway these are just some ideas, some serious some just for fun.

In the "around the world" section of the "inbox", I've got a news item under North America concerning Rafa Benitez of Real Madrid speaking about Keylor Navas' bad day in goal for RM. Now, of course, Navas hails from Costa Rica, thus the North America section isn't technically wrong, but since this is a club issue regarding a club match in Europe, I'd argue that this item belongs in Europe instead of North America.

In the same update, the South America section has a news item about Alexis Sanchez impressing for Arsenal, the same thing applies here, even though Alexis' Chilean, the match in question were played in Europe between European teams, thus this news item should belong in the Europe section.

I'd argue that the news regarding Real Madrid players' performances and regarding Real Madrid matches should be posted in the continent news section based on the club's location, not due the player's origin.

like you said, it's only there because of where the players come from

if it annoys you that much, then maybe turn on some leagues from those other continents, so there's more news for them

as for me

- I'd like to see some hashtags (or something) to go with the prozone stats, so I can tell if it's good or bad

"Club X has had 15 yellow cards in 10 Championship games" - is that good or bad? I don't know, a simple #CardHappy or #Disciplined would be good here

and I'd like to be able to request to the board to build a training facility (or reserve stadium)

it's a minor issue, but I find it a little weird to see my u21 and main team trotting out onto the same field on the same day for a game (not having a reserve stadium) in Europe

May be way too advanced but an idea that would be great:

I've recently used a virtual reality headset to watch various iPhone apps and was amazed about the realism and effect it has. How amazing would it be if we could use these headsets to be on the touchline at Anfield etc.? And to be able to look around and see the opposition manager, turn around and see the bench, maybe even pace up and down the touchline. I know these headsets have warnings on how long they can be used but it could be only for matches (maybe the odd training session/press conference/meeting). It does seem very advanced but as I said I was amazed by the realism of the apps and games I used on this virtual reality headset.

This suggestion in response to a post elsewhere in the forum

I've been ok so far with FM16, but as an "oldie" I struggled massively with seeing the ball in FM14 (downloads didn't help) and ended up watching all games in 2D. I really do sympathise :(

SI have actually been quite quick off the mark re. text size for those of us who don't have razor-sharp vision (lots of oldies play FM and they have cottoned on to this), but I think they've missed this issue about the ball.

Would be a good idea to have an option of a visually "oversized" ball IMO. :)

I will post in the suggestions thread as well.

I already wrote it in the feedback thread, i wished the transfer system would be changed, so that you are able to come to an agreement with a player first, and only then you would negotiate with the other club (and not selling the player to a reasonable price would make the player very unhappy).

Hi here !

In another thread, I had a discussion about when a player trains in a new position. In previous FM, you only a to order the player in a position you choose, and some months later, he could play that position in a match because he was now competent in this position.

Now, a player can be trained to a certain point (From the IGE, it seems it is until he reach 12 in the position learned), then he must play some matchs to be competent in this position.

I fully understand the reasoning here, but there's a little problem here, because of the color system to show how a player is good at a position... (And that was the reason I trained some players nearly 3 years without obtaining any result in learning a position).

The color range around 12 is yellow, and stand for values between 10 to 14 (Before, it's orange I think, and starting at 15 - Meaning player is competent is that position -, it' green).

The problem is : how do we know when a player has reached its limit in learning a position only by training (12) and now has to play some match to become competent (At least 15) ? How do we know he's already 12 (Meaning training won't enhance his ability to play in this position), or still 10 or 11 (And taking the risk to let him play a position he is still unfamiliar and still need training) ?

After a quick discussion with Seb Wassel (Thanks to him), I thought about this :

- What about a little change to the color ranges for the position ? Like 1 : transparent, 2-5 : red, 6-9 : orange, 10-11 : dark yellow, 12-15 : yellow, 16-19 : bright green, 20 : green. This way, we'd know when a player can't be more trained in a position and now need to play some matchs (Without letting him play too soon in a position)

- What about a news item like "Your AssMan informs you that (player) has trained as much as he can in his new position, and now needs to play some match to become competent".

With at least one of the proposition above, it should help us to know when the training part ends and when the playing part begins for a player learning a new position (Really useful, since it would avert us from training a player for 3 seasons before seeing he still hasn't obtained his new position... Yes, that's my case... :p)

Hope I didn't make to much mistakes writing all of this... It's easier for me to read English... ;)

Cheers,

Racatte.

What do you mean by the right attributes ? I had a player who can be a good Defense Left or Right (good value in Center, Dribbling, Marking, Tacking, etc...), but has 5 in those positions (And 20 as a Defense Center)... Do you think I can still let him play as a DL or DR in that case ? :eek:

well yeah

if the player is good at shooting, then by all means play him as a striker

I wouldn't say it'd be that good (especially if he's naturally a DC) but it should give reasonable results

for a DL, just put a DC out there if you must (provided he has good positioning/marking, he should do a job there, but don't rely on a lot going forward)

likewise you could shove a Robben-type there (but don't rely on too much defensively)

you're given all the attributes, so you can use the player wherever you like, but remember that the player will be limited in some way (shoving Robben at DL could work well attacking wise, but make sure you compensate for him being inevitably caught forward)

What do you mean by the right attributes ? I had a player who can be a good Defense Left or Right (good value in Center, Dribbling, Marking, Tacking, etc...), but has 5 in those positions (And 20 as a Defense Center)... Do you think I can still let him play as a DL or DR in that case ? :eek:

Yes.

If the player has the right key attributes for the position & role just play them there even if he doesn't have the experience or position rating.

He won't play as well as he could with full positional ability but the difference is relatively minor and not a major factor.

Archived