What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

The media hype regarding Josep Guardiola's announcement that he is to leave Bayern Munich by the end of the season got me thinking; "Why is this not possible in Football Manager?"

In short i would like to see the option to announce you are not renewing your contract. This would then (if fitting to your reputation) result in more interest from clubs with a coach they'd like to sack. Of course there would be press conference questions as to where you would see yourself managing.

Also; your current employer would be granted more time to find a replacement for yourself. This option would add to the realism of the game ánd put more emphasis on career planning.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The media hype regarding Josep Guardiola's announcement that he is to leave Bayern Munich by the end of the season got me thinking; "Why is this not possible in Football Manager?"

In short i would like to see the option to announce you are not renewing your contract. This would then (if fitting to your reputation) result in more interest from clubs with a coach they'd like to sack. Of course there would be press conference questions as to where you would see yourself managing.

Also; your current employer would be granted more time to find a replacement for yourself. This option would add to the realism of the game ánd put more emphasis on career planning.

I'm in favour of this idea too.

Although of course it should come with a small chance you might be sacked - perhaps won't happened to Guardiola but I'm sure it happened to an EPL manager in last few years

(meaningless bonus points to anyone who can tell me who the EPL manager I'm thinking of is?)

I would love it if your being really successful as a manager other managers take inspiration from your tactics. Like Guardiola setting a trend in spain, you can spread a new trend in england. Managers change their formations over time. Philosophies evolve.

I would love it if your being really successful as a manager other managers take inspiration from your tactics. Like Guardiola setting a trend in spain, you can spread a new trend in england. Managers change their formations over time. Philosophies evolve.

I'm not saying this at all makes it a bad idea, but that would inevitably end in someone managing to win everything with only players in L and R positions and then have it be copied elsewhere.

It's definitely a very interesting idea though

One thing that bugs me about FM, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in any of the other comments, but when you make subs and they're waiting to come one and a player who is just about to be replaced scores a screamer. I wish that there was an 'are you sure?' message pop up then, as it seems to happen to me time after time again!

Thanks!

Well, thanks to strangerthankindness' fantastic work and him basically spoon-feeding me the code to mod his work I made some custom adboards for Anfield in FM15

LiverpoolvCrystalPalace_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvLeicester_PitchFull.png

LiverpoolvOlympiacos_PitchFull-3.png

IMHO mods like this really take the game to another level and add to the atmosphere, suspension of disbelief and game immersion.

It would be great if in future FMs we could create custom flags and banners for the crowds/upper tiers (to replace/add to the ones SI have put in with just the club name in a generic font) rather than having to overwrite adboards, as covering them up is generally unrealistic in this day and age.

It would also help if the adboards functioned as they do in real life at the top end of the game ie. one (animated? may be difficult?) ad shown across all boards and then rotated for the next one and so on.

Hi there

I'd like to see the training aspect of the game improved, personally I'd like to see the game move towards as it already has a 3d or 2d version of training. I'd like to have the option of visually seeing training take place, I.e creating possession games with players 5v5, 4v2 etc, also shooting drills, attacking set pieces and defending set pieces and so much more. Also during training having live feed back from coaches who is training well that day, who is looking determined, motivated to try and get into the match day squad. Then completion of training being analysed on players who trained well, completed passes, shots on target on during shooting drills etc.

I just feel this would be a great way to move the game forward and being able to see who is performing well during the training sessions. In real life it's where managers and there staff get to analyse there players on a day to day basis and feel would bring a new and exciting feature to the game

This may just be me however I am a manager that likes to know players that are around both domestic and foreign even including self gen. However the further we get into the game the harder I find this becomes once the known players disappear.

It may not be practical but for TV games would an option of being invited on as a pundit where you are offered X amount to do it be an option?

All that would be required is to answer 1-3 questions before the game.. Watch the first half, answer 1-3 questions at half time and then watch the second half before finishing off with answering 1-3 questions after.

This would be something you could turn down if you are not one of those players that like to do this.

I just feel this would not only allow you to track and keep an eye out on talent as you progress through the game but would also allow you to increase your rep through the game. This could work through every level of the footballing divisions.

I would also like to see more types of responses in the media so as well as answering - calm, assertive, passionate etc there could also be "Tongue in Cheek" "Sarcastically". This could mean you being described as a bit of a character or even not being taken seriously.

I would also like to see more types of responses in the media so as well as answering - calm, assertive, passionate etc there could also be "Tongue in Cheek" "Sarcastically". This could mean you being described as a bit of a character or even not being taken seriously.

Can we have a Joe Kinnear option too?

Sorry 62 pages is a long list to go through...

I would like a better interaction with the Board about seeing out contracts and offers to resign.

I have just completed a stint at Man Utd (there for 8 years) and let my contract run down but there was no way to communicate to the board, the media etc. that I planned to leave at the end of my contract - so there was no impact to the players/media or board influence, which was a shame.

I also notice there is no option to offer to resign - you can retire/resign but I would like the option to offer to resign say after a bad defeat/run of defeats and the board reject the offer/accept the offer so loyalty can be shown/leaked to the press etc.

Totally agree with this. It could make you seem like you have more of a personality.

I also think that there should be more things for you to say during team talks.

The ability to set an automatic response to loans - similar to that of transfers of e.g. 'reject bid but accept higher'.

In this case it would reject this squad status but accept higher.

Even better put it in the development list options.

I'm sick to death of putting someone on development just for the AI to accept 1 bid of valuable and 20 of cover, and then the player goes on loan and never plays.

So I have to go into transfer centre and manually reject all the loans offering to use him as cover.

It doesn't need to be this frustrating

My suggestions:

- FMC/FMT (desktop version) editor.

- Cross-version save (what I mean is a feature that enable you, to transfer your FM16 save and play in FM17 went it will be released).

- Ability to create my version of roles and save it for future use. I know this is bit debatable, but my idea of certain roles are not the same from SI interpretation of them. Sure might they be wrong? Sure, but the idea here is for us the player be free to create our own roles.

My suggestions:

- FMC/FMT (desktop version) editor.

- Cross-version save (what I mean is a feature that enable you, to transfer your FM16 save and play in FM17 went it will be released).

- Ability to create my version of roles and save it for future use. I know this is bit debatable, but my idea of certain roles are not the same from SI interpretation of them. Sure might they be wrong? Sure, but the idea here is for us the player be free to create our own roles.

I love those last two ideas! I don't use editors for anything really though.

Totally agree with this. It could make you seem like you have more of a personality.

I also think that there should be more things for you to say during team talks.

There could be options like 'Have a 30 minute rant' after performing badly or 'Open champagne' after securing a title

I would like, when a player complains about whatever and it gets to the point they want to leave, to have the option to say 'put a transfer request in then' and relevant options further down the line if other players talk to you about that transfer/ other player complaining etc. Things like , well he put in a transfer request so it became hard to hold onto him, or, he didn't want to be here, so I sold him so we could make some money before he left on a free.

Is it possible already to have dynamic preferred squad numbers? If not, can it become possible?

I.e. if you have someone break into your squad with a number outside say 1-18 that you have given them then sometimes if they do well they will want to keep that number going forward

Kinda like this idea, many players have strange numbers that they prefer. This would help out with that.

When you receive the press conference question "Manager X has identified player Y as the weak link your team", there should be a reply option along the lines of "he hasn't played a first team game for me in X years, so its irrelevant".

I often get this item about players who I don't play anyway

Is it possible already to have dynamic preferred squad numbers? If not, can it become possible?

I.e. if you have someone break into your squad with a number outside say 1-18 that you have given them then sometimes if they do well they will want to keep that number going forward

Really like this idea actually. Would also mean that if you handed the player the number 7 (for example) and they held it for a few years and grew a preference for it, taking it off of them for a new star could be a big point of contention for the manager.

It already does if you set it up right and always has done.

Only option I have ever seen is to Apply for jobs while vacationing. If a contract offer or a unsolicited job offer comes in, it does not stop. If I am missing something, please tell me.

Haven't scrolled through all the suggestions so I apologise if they've been said previously.

1. More options to persuade a player to sign for you. Quite often in real life a player will drop a league to get match fit on non contract terms, players should be more accepting to this role.

2. Having chairman ratings, giving them personalities and more features for example the Leeds chairman has a habit of sacking managers quickly this should be considered.

3. A small minor detail would be to add the away attendance to the match features, I'm managing little Ilkeston and would like to know how many fans we've taken to Macclesfield on a Tuesday night in January.

4. I've said this before but I'd like for us managers to get agents to scout around potential clubs and negotiate a new contract.

Only option I have ever seen is to Apply for jobs while vacationing. If a contract offer or a unsolicited job offer comes in, it does not stop. If I am missing something, please tell me.

Apply for jobs/holiday indefinitely and it always stops for interviews/jobs for me.

Admittedly I only tried it 2/3 times but haven't had a problem. If thats not working it needs reporting in the bugs forum.

Apply for jobs/holiday indefinitely and it always stops for interviews/jobs for me.

Admittedly I only tried it 2/3 times but haven't had a problem. If thats not working it needs reporting in the bugs forum.

That only happens when you are unemployed to my knowledge

My suggestions:

- Intergrated dynamic CA (to create more James Vardy, Ryan Mahrez and Ighalo - sb who come from nowhere and shine)

- Improve scouting system or at least provides some template assignments to reduce the time setting up scouts (who would not looking for < 18 years old wonderkids come from south america ?)

- Improve the coach advice in backroom meeting (How the hell my coach advise me to train my 3 players to focus on penalty kicks at the same time ?)

- Improve the assistant feedback in the match.

When you get staff tactical advice in backroom meetings, e.g. Defender X is currently a BPD but is better suited to LD then clicking on implementing it should do it ONLY for that player when picked there.

I feel there is already the framework for this in e.g. the individual responsibilities, so it is frustrating that (as far as I can tell) it doesn't work like that for staff advice.

Sorry if I'm wrong

The possiblity to sign players you cannot register for training purposes, especially before an arranged transfer.

E.g. some of the youth candidates I had let leave before changing my mind and trying to sign. Due to free agent deadlines they are now free agents until the summer. I'd like to think that they would still come and train with my youth team IRL even if they couldn't even feature in games at those levels.

In fact the same probably goes for all signings of free agents set for a later date, that they should join club as unavailable until date opening of transfer window, but if this isn't allowed under IRL rules then fair enough, perhaps SI can enlighten.

If there are no IRL rules regarding training facilities, then it might even be possible to see contracted players with future transfers arranged and 100% unwanted by their current club be allowed to start training at new club (albeit unable to play at any level and old club still paying wages)

Considering that Barcelona were signing players who they could not register during their transfer(registration) embargo I think that other than than the wages bit that's a reasonable feature to bring FM into line with real life.

For football manager 20177 I would like to start the game in the past, ie 1985 or 1994 with all the player who where around then, good idea?

Maybe by the year 20177 that might be possible, but doubt it'll be for 2017. Too much work for too little reward to maintain a number of databases.

For football manager 20177 I would like to start the game in the past, ie 1985 or 1994 with all the player who where around then, good idea?

Good idea, yes it is. Viable? No, as there will be only small group that would use such a feature. But I would be one of that group. :)

Good idea, yes it is. Viable? No, as there will be only small group that would use such a feature. But I would be one of that group. :)

I would love to see that but the game has also changed so different rules, media, competition names etc would all have to be different.

- Intergrated dynamic CA (to create more James Vardy, Ryan Mahrez and Ighalo - sb who come from nowhere and shine)

I have to disagree about this one. Those examples are simply players who are in good form in teams that are clicking well and suited to their playstyles in a league that is all over the place. They have not magically over night become way better. Situations like this can already happen. A guy in my save was nominated for the Ballon d'or with 156 CA (i had to check). That is decent but nowhere near Ballon d'or level. He simply had a good year in a team suited to his playingstyle, much like the players you mention.

Having started a couple of career games more recently (as opposed to building a dynasty at 1 club) one thing occurs to me - managers must have agents too?

I'm currently in the MLS and while I am not actively seeking a new role I am starting to get itchy feet. But rather than apply it would be great if there were ways in which you could instruct your agent to get you ideas of clubs / level of clubs that might be open to taking you on? I might say I fancy a role in France or Portugal etc (I don't want to go to a prem club just yet) and the agent would start discreet conversations with chairmen (or however they actually do it!) I imagine this sort of stuff happens in real life

In addition it would also be good for my agent to manage my contract renewals - i.e. i either get approached by the board or I ask for one. I'd like the option (maybe similar to the option to advise your PA to do stuff) to manage my contract renewals i.e. seeking better terms if I make them successful, extensions if its starting to run down, better terms if I show loyalty etc. Likewise if they become over zealous telling them not to seek new terms until x time remains would be useful

So often have I found myself not being able to do what I want to do with tactics.

In real life now, the majority of teams are adaptable to any situation, and have a style that's so intricately designed it's not able to be replicated in FM16. I would like to see a set of sliders or something of the nature to allow us to say things along the line of "don't close down until opposition are within 30 yards of the goal" or "don't shoot from these areas" etc.

Obviously it's unrealistic to expect it for FM17 - but i'd really like to see something like this implemented, it's something that could really propel the game to the next level of realism.

Something I hope that can be added in FM17 in regards to Scotland.

In the Premiership and Championship, squad numbers are mandatory whereas they are optional in the two lower divisions, League One and League Two.

Some clubs do use squad numbers in those leagues, Stranraer in League One and Clyde and East Fife do in League Two.

I was wondering if this could be included along the lines of when you're putting together your training camp squad for pre-season that you could be asked to choose between not using them and using them.

When managing lower league I usually give a trial to every foreign unemployed player that the agents offer me, to check out if they're any good. I rarely keep any of them. However, the problem is, a few months later I keep on getting offered the same players I already decided weren't good enough. Can there please be an option to filter out these agent offers? (specifically players that you've trialled before)

One feature I think that would be popular among the FM community would be classic databases.

For example you could instead of just having the current year, you could have other years i.e. 2004 -05 or 1988-89 whichever years are most wanted.

It would just be nice to play with classic teams, players and coaches rather than the current ones from today.

Archived