The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2012/2013

TheMinsterman

sortitoutsiupdate.png

The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2012/2013

I am pleased to announce the official confirmation of the sortitoutsi.net Update for the 2012/2013 season. As always work has been underway for months and in the interest of relieving public pressure, I decided to delay the announcement until the groundwork was completed but without any further ado I am pleased to publically announce that there will indeed by an Official sortitoutsi.net Update for another year running.

With this in mind, let me address a few typical questions….

When will it be released?

Let’s all face it, this is the burning question that is repeatedly asked year after year so I felt it was appropriate to address this concern first. The Official sortitoutsi.net Update doesn’t have an official release date, but unlike the past couple of years I will be releasing public betas on a fairly regular basis to allow people to look for errors etc before a final release inside the first few days of September followed by some patches to rectify any serious mistakes.

Does this update include player cleansing?

Unfortunately this update does not include player cleansing (a term I coined to describe the editing of players arrival dates to allow more fluid transfers, i.e. a player who joined last season would willingly leave instead of declare his happiness to have joined). It is a very time consuming task to do the whole process justice and rather than apply a weak-willed effort I decided that, in the interest of time (player cleansing on the scale I used to do would take several weeks and months of 4-6 hour work the majority of the week) I have decided to not include this element in the update.

Do you update leagues outside of England?

Yes, countries outside England will receive attention, this is not an Anglo centric database as I am aware that people enjoy to play games across the globe (myself included) and it would be unfair on those outside of England if I didn’t dedicate the same amount of care and attention to other countries.

Naturally England will be the most indepth in terms of editing due to my own location and access to media, however when you download the update this year the file will include a large map which will be colour-coded to reflect how much attention a country has received in terms of modifications, so you will be able to gauge how accurate a country may or may not be.

Have clubs finances been updated?

I take great pride in making sure clubs have accurate finances which reflect reality but also provide a challenge inside the game engine. Clubs like Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain etc will of course have vast swathes of wealth to unleash on the transfer market as is the case in real life, whilst poorer clubs will be more restricted in their activity. In general I balance reality and gameplay to find a comfortable middle ground.

I am fully aware that not everybody will necessarily agree with my figures, but this is inevitable in a sport that is all about opinions.

Will league expansions etc work with you database?

I cannot confirm whether any of your other data files will work in conjunction with my database, effectively you will attempt to use them at your own risk and I strongly recommend only using files provided by myself that are 100% compatible to enjoy the best results.

This doesn’t mean you can’t, I just cannot determine what files my database would work in conjunction with.

I disagree with something in your update/I have found an error/U toetly sux

I am always open to constructive criticism, this year will be no different. If you find an error, omission or generally disagree with clubs bank balance for example you are welcome to post in this thread and I will answer you and either amend the problem or explain them.

What will not be tolerated is foul mouthed abuse. Bare in mind that these updates take hundreds of hours a year to assemble per year, are incredibly taxing on the mind and body and ultimately are provided to you all for no cost whatsoever. Criticism is welcome if it is polite and constructive, foul mouthed rants will be responded to in the tone they deserve or ignored entirely.

This isn’t direct at the majority of you, but sadly a minority makes this a necessity to point out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any other questions you may have please feel free to ask them in this thread and I will do my best to answer them. If you want to simply post comings and goings to make sure I include them for your own club etc or just want to see screenshots and so on feel free to do so.

Keep a look out on this thread for updates or follow me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/sortitoutsiupdate

TheMinsterman

• 1 month later...

I am very excited to announce that I have officially joined the FM Weegie team!

This means there will be no individual sortitoutsi.net Update, however, keep an eye out for future announcements about some exciting collaborations between FM Weegie and sortitoutsi.net!

Archived