Youth Player Minimum Age at 14, can it get lower?

HOAX

Hi guys :)

I got a question. I have been trying for a few hours now to get the FM12 game to except players lower than 14. I want to train them from an early age.

So I know FM12 has restricted the minimum age to 14 by default. So my question here is: Can it be changed by editing the program files of the editor and fm?

I have tried to edit the nation.xml (located in the editors database folder) by changing the minimum age limit there (says 14 by default), but it seems to have no effect what so ever.

One example:

<!-- Min age -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="mina"/>

<string id="name" value="Minimum Age"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="14"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="44"/>

</record>

<!-- Max age -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="maxa"/>

<string id="name" value="Maximum Age"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="15"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="45"/>

</record>

Tried to change where you see 14 and 15 to 1 and 2. There are three places after each other where it says Min age / Max age. Tried with all of them without any success.

Are there any lines I'm missing or perhaps other files I need to edit as well?

I apologize at max if I brake any rules by asking questions like this, was never my intention.

Since editing is a common thing with FM, my guess was I'm on the safe side, or? :o

Thanks a million guys!

I kinda did it now but...

I changed some info in 5 files (all related to age restrictions).

The only problem left is that when playing FM now it shows the player as 14 but his birth is 2002 (8 years old). In FMRTE it says he is 8 years old as well. The player will also be without contract when game starts, but u can sign the player for free.

I will keep on trying to fix those two issues and will report back later. If anyone know where, let me know :)

EDIT: Ah and it doesn't seem like teams are getting in any new youths that are younger than 14. I will need to fix that too.

Yeah probably. Its just lame to look at so i need to fix that. I will also have to fix the youth recruitment rules (nation rules). I lowered the min. age to 1 in editor, but seems like it just has a half effect.

Archived