Passing 2CM's + AMC

I am playing with 4-2-3-1 formation and would like a suggestion on how the settings should be for both CM-s and an AMC position to gain a lot of passes between those 3 positions. With this I would like to achieve more ball possession plus waiting for a perfect moment to pass into space for my both AML/R.

I currently have:

Passing style is SHORT (zero notches)

Creative freedom LITTLE (6 notches)

One of my CM's is a playmaker

Focus passing through the middle

What else do you think I should do?

I currently have:

Passing style is SHORT (zero notches)

Creative freedom LITTLE (6 notches)

One of my CM's is a playmaker

Focus passing through the middle

What you are saying to your players with these instructions is:

"Play a very simple pass to the nearest player and try to ensure that player is not on the wings."

To me, that's extremely restrictive. I would expect to see your midfielders closed down 30/40 yards from goal, do that weird side-to-side shuffle that the players do when looking for an outball and not being able to play one, then get caught unceremoniously in possession, allowing the opposition to counter.

What you are saying to your players with these instructions is:

"Play a very simple pass to the nearest player and try to ensure that player is not on the wings."

To me, that's extremely restrictive. I would expect to see your midfielders closed down 30/40 yards from goal, do that weird side-to-side shuffle that the players do when looking for an outball and not being able to play one, then get caught unceremoniously in possession, allowing the opposition to counter.

That and seeing ridiculous long range shots with no space and distance from goal

So do you think it would be doable with different settings or not?

You'd be massively in danger against any side who plays an AMC against you. If you are wanting to play this kind of formation I would go with 2 DM's, one of which set as "anchr man", and the other as "deep lying playmaker". The latter with the "support" duty.

I'd remove the "focus passing through the middle" though.

Well I gave up on the whole pass system and now I changed everything by selecting a preset tactics 4-2-3-1 deep and left all the instructions as it is. I only moved 2 DM's to CM position and choose DLP-Support duty for both and AMC was moved to MC to be a AP-Attack duty and it is working perfectly. I would just love to see my wingers (goetze, hazard both Wingers-S) to score more goals and have a better rating.

Archived