The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

15 June 2018

toronto_star_logo.jpg?w=300

Cerud Ends Longterm Run with Canada

As he said that he always would, Cerud held a press conference, stepping down as manager of the Canadian Nation Soccer Team. It has been well reported that Cerud would end his tenure after the World Cup and he held true to his word. Under his regime, Canada added a Gold Cup and had berths in the Olympic Games and World Cup, two competitions that had not had Canadian soccer participation for several years.

"It was an honour so serve as the national manager for my nation. I can look back and honestly state that the picture of football in Canada is better now that when I entered. I am happy with how things went, but now is the time for someone else to take over. These past years at the helm have been truly memorable."

logo.png

Canada National Soccer Team - Canadian Soccer Association

Only the final of the World Cup is left and so I am ready to step down. It's been a good ride.

endym.png

Managerial National Record

statsswn.png

Plans

No national management plans right now. I'm a Tottenham manager. That's the job. Unless something interesting comes my way!

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 July 2018

3bf3afceb.jpg

Ivory Coast Bests Hosts Russia in World Cup Final

It took stoppage time to end the battle, but Ivory Coast centreback became a nationa hero by scoring the winning goal in the 91st minute of play. The African nation held a slight edge in play during the match, but Russia was not to be outdone or outplayed. This marks the first World Cup for the Ivory Coast.

The next World Cup will be held in Qatar in 2022.

200px-Russia2018bidlogo.svg.png

FIFA World Cup 2018

Group A: Scotland, Russia, Colombia, Egypt

Group B: Argentina, Portugal, Mexico, South Korea

Group C: Serbia, Spain, Uruguay, United States

Group D: Chile, Switzerland, France, Morocco

Group E: Brazil, Turkey, Canada, Saudi Arabia,

Group F: Netherlands, Cameroon, Croatia, Japan

Group G: Germany, Australia, Mali, Romania

Group H: Italy, Ivory Coast, Denmark, Jamaica

66254117.png

Roberto Mancini has resigned as manager of Italy after a disappointing showing and Tim Howard has left as the manager of the United States. Other managers that have either left or were fired include Argentina, Spain, Brazil, Morocco, Mexico, Switzerland, Turkey, Germany, France, Russia, Mali, Egypt, and Cameroon.

Had a great run with Canada.

Thanks, deltablue.

Great to see Arsenal finished above you last season :p Shame to see you resigned from Canada :( Good luck with Spurs next season.

Arsenal finished ahead of us was already a given when I took over the club. Taking them from 16th to 4th was good enough for me in coming in midway through a season. How that I have a full season...the Gunner will go down ;)

I was always expecting to resign following the World Cup, if we had got in. Three and a half years was good, but time to move on.

2018-2019 End of Pre-Season

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League

The Matches

England - Barclays Premier League - Burnley - won 7-0

England - npower Football League Championship - Sheffield Wednesday - won 2-0

England - Barclays Premier League - Middlesbrough - won 4-0

England - npower Football League Championship - Leeds United - won 4-0

Canada - NASL - FC Edmonton - won 7-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - It was mainly youth players that we released. We also did an exchange of goalkeeping. All previous goalkeepers were transferred out or retired and we brought in two new ones.

Christian N'Guessan - GK - N'Guessan has spent his career with Vålerenga in Norway's Tippeligaen. I spent the cash for him, but he will be our starting goalkeeper for the season. Needless to say, his former club's supporters were not happy.

Ronald Choquehuanca - GK - Brought in from Bolivar in Bolivia, Choquehuanca has extremely high potential. He will be our backup, but I hope to offer him a nice share of matches in order to give him first team experience. He'll actually start the season as N'Guessan has gotten himself injured fro a few weeks.

Pre-Season Thoughts

With the money spent of goalkeeping, we have managed to keep the rest of the squad stable. I may look for a player in January, but we have a good squad and there's no need to mess with it. The goal is to go all the way domestically and as far as possible in the Champions League.

McDonalds FA Community Shield

CF3E3337-B2A4-44A0-0DD3938E0CD6C650.jpg

12 August 2018

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Final

Tottenham Hotspur 2p - 2 Manchester United FC

We were headed into the final minutes of the match down 1-2 until Redmond came off the bench to score in the 86th minute and tie it up. We went into a penalty shoot out and needed a save on the 5th shot, to which Choquehuanca answered. We won on the 6th shot to seal back-to-back wins of this trophy.

August 2018 Update

Barclays Premier League

A good beginning to the league with a couple of wins. It was especially nice given that we're using our 18 year old backup goalkeeper, Choquenhuanca as N'Guessan recovers from a sports hernia. A simple start and one that we can build from.

fixy.png

McDonalds FA Community Shield

A back-to-back win in this competition. Good way to start the season.

shieldmz.png

The Standings

standm.png

It's still early, but a tie for 1st place is where I want to be. Also nice to see Arsenal below us!

Transfers

I brought in one more playeer before the transfer deadline.

Víctor Almirón - DM, M RC, AM R - We have a couple great right wingers, including Nani, but they are getting up there in years. Almirón, coming to us from Metalist, is the future.

2018-2019 UEFA Champions League

UEFA-Champions-League.png

Best Placed Playoff

We faced Italian Serie A club, Genoa, in order to get into the Group Stage. The first match at home as simple enough, so I fielded a younger side in the away match. It was a bit more difficult, but Butterworth, our up and coming striker, saved us for the tie.

champt.png

Group Stage

The draw has occurred. Here are the groups.

Group A: Barcelona (ESP), Juventus (ITA), Rubin (RUS), Legia (POL)

Group B: Man Utd (ENG), AC Milan (ITA), FC Twente (NED), Sparta Prague (CZE)

Group C: Marseille (FRE), Tottenham (ENG), Stuttgart (GER), Málaga (ESP)

Group D: FC Bayern (GER), Shakhtar (UKR), Standard (BEL), Steaua (ROU)

Group E: Real Madrid (ESP), Inter Milan (ITA), Besiktas (TUR), APOEL (CYP)

Group F: Man City (ENG), Lyon (FRA), PSV (NED), Dinamo (CRO)

Group G: At. Madrid (ESP), CSKA Moscow (RUS), Sporting CP (POR), AEK (GRE)

Group H: Arsenal (ENG), Dortmund (GER), Celtic (SCO), Zenit (RUS)

Not really sure what to expect. All three are good clubs, but only Marseille has won a league title in the past while. They were French Ligue 1 Champions last season.

Just had a little catch up, well done with Canada and good luck with Spurs this season.
Same here!

Also catching up and want to say well done with Canada. :)

Thanks, Mikal and crouchaldinho! Managing Canada was fun but time to move on. Not sure if I'll go back into international management anytime soon. Not something I'll be looking for anyway.

September 2018 Update

Barclays Premier League

We started the month against Man City who absolutely dominated the level of play. We were lucky to get out of this match with a tie. It was very nice to see Almirón get a goal in his debut, a beautiful 20 yard shot in the match against West Brom. All in all, a good month, which has kept us in the title race.

fixm.png

Carling Cup

We played host to League One club, Colchester in our first match to defend the Carling Cup. They drew first blood; however, we instantly replied and then never let up. I had fielded a younger squad for this match, so it was nice to see the dominant win.

carlingm.png

The Standings

stando.png

We have taken over the top spot in the table; however, four clubs are currently undefeated. I have a feeling that this season will see a tight table with movement between a few clubs throughout for 1st place. I don't care if we drop during the season, so long as it's our by the end.

Awards

I haven't been reporting on these, but why not!

• Manager of the Month - Cerud - 1st Place
  • Player of the Month - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place

Group C

We began the group stage against Ligue 1 winners, Marseille. They flew out of the dressing room, scoring early and going into the half ahead by 2 goals. We needed to regroup. In rallying the troops, we came into the second half and scored early. It was only through solid play that we tied and eventually took the win. A superb comeback with credit to Doumbia for his hattrick!

cfix.png

cstand.png

Fantastic start to the season and a great comeback in the champions league. Hopefully the start to a very successful campaign.

Thanks, Hypanimz and good to see a new poster! :D

Looking like a great season coming.

Cheers, deltablue. Looking good so far.

October 2018 Update

Barclays Premier League

A easy enough month; however, the tie against Middlesbrough was disappointing. We outplayed them the entire match, but just could break them down.

fixl.png

Carling Cup

Birmingham hit first, but we hit back second...and third...and fourth...and so on. This match also involved us missing 2 penalty shots. Could have been 8 goals.

carling.png

The Standings

standl.png

Identical to Man City. However, they are scoring far more goals than anyone else. I think we were very lucky to tie them last month when we played. They are shaping up to be our main domestic competition. Interesting that there are still four clubs that are undefeated as well.

Awards

• Manager of the Month - Cerud - 3rd Place

Group C

Two matches this month. The first again saw us go down going into the half. Another talking to the squad and another player hitting the hattrick. The match in Spain was better. Málaga was expected to win, but we never gave them a moment in the match.

The table is interesting so far. It seems as though we are the only club able to win while everyone else can only tie!

cfix.png

cstand.png

November 2018 Update

Barclays Premier League

Well, we suffered our first loss this season, in a tough match against Manchester United. We went up 2-0 very quickly, but The Red Devils slowly dismantled us. By the end, it was a bit humiliating. However, we took out our aggression against Bolton, in a one-sided slaughter...Doumbia vs. the Bolton XI!

fixs.png

The Standings

standl.png

We are on top of the table, but there are still a few clubs pushing right behind us. The biggest worry still have to be Man City. They are only 2 points behind us in 3rd place, but their goal difference is impressive. In the event of a point tie, they still have the upper hand.

Awards

• CAF African Player of the Year - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place
  • Player of the Month - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place, Ryan Bertrand - 3rd Place
  • Young Player of the Month - Hailu Chirwa - 2nd Place

Group C

The Málaga match was another massively dominant match for us. They didn't have their first shot until the 86th minute. Unfortunately, they scored on it and ruined the clean sheet, but the win is what is important. The Marseille match was tense, with both sides playing well. We only secured the win in the final 15 minutes of play.

cfixo.png

cstand.png

We have qualified out of the group stage, with room to spare!

The Málaga match was another massively dominant match for us. They didn't have their first shot until the 86th minute. Unfortunately, they scored on it and ruined the clean sheet, but the win is what is important. The Marseille match was tense, with both sides playing well. We only secured the win in the final 15 minutes of play.

On the plus side, you didn't have to pay a clean sheet bonus; that saves money :p

I think of these things because all too often it is the only positive to come out of my matches.

December 2018 Update

Barclays Premier League

The loss to Arsenal was a heartbreaker and, needless to say, didn't make us to popular amongst our fans. However, Doumbia continues to blow the league away. His record is unbelievable and I just wish that he was a little younger so that he could continue to play like this for some time to come. However, he is now 31 years old so may only have a few seasons left. Still, if he continues to play like this, I'll keep him!

fixj.png

Carling Cup

We were up against Man City in the Quarter Final draw, a match that I thought would give us some trouble. However, Man City has been having trouble of their own. They had dropped down the table in league play so I'm not sure if it was confidence of what, but we took advantage of them and came out with a solid victory and advancement to the Semi Final on the way to defending our trophy.

carlingz.png

The Standings

standhq.png

So maybe Man City is not the threat that I thought they were. However, it's important to note that they have also played 2 less matches than us and could easily move back up the table with wins in either. Arsenal has emerged as competitors though. Their win against us at the beginning of the month has moved them into a position for a point tie for the title. It turning out to be a north London fight!

As for Doumbia, in 26 matches so far, he has 50 goals this year!

Change of Board Expectations

Our performance has dictated a change in our expectations. I have moved from merely qualifying for the Champions League to fighting for the title.

Barclays Premier League: Challenge for the Premier League title

The resultant budgets have changed as well.

Wage Budget: $135 967 855

Transfer Budget: $17 312 874 (after current purchases)

Awards

• FIFA Ballon d'Or - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place
  • World Soccer Magazine Player of the Year - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place
  • FIFA/FIFPro World XI - Seydou Doumbia (ST)
  • African XI of the Year - Seydou Doumbia (ST)
  • African Striker of the Year - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place
  • Irish Player of the Year - Ciaran Clark - 1st Place
  • Player of the Month - Seydou Doumbia - 3rd Place
  • Young Player of the Month - Hailu Chirwa - 3rd Place
  • Manager of the Month - Cerud - 2nd Place

Group C

The Stuttgart match was a back-and-forth affair. Neither side could state dominance and, in the end, I think we were rather lucky to go ahead by 2 goals to finally claim it.

Still, this end the group stage with us on top and Marseille qualifying as well.

cfix.png

cstand.png

1st Knockout Round

We have the draw for the 1st Knockout Round and I think I'm rather pleased with our competition.

kn1.png

2018 Global Review

bs201206062041533_0.jpg

Domestic Clubs

Brazilian Campeonato Brasileiro

2018 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Botafogo, 3rd Corinthians, Relegated Figueirense, Sport Recife, Avaí, Guarani

2017 - 1st Corinthians, 2nd São Paulo, 3rd Internacional, Relegated Ceará,Atlético Paranaense, Criciúma, América (MG)

2016 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Corinthians, 3rd Palmeiras, Relegated Atlético Goianiense, Ponte Preta, Santo André, Guarani

2015 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Corinthians, 3rd Flamengo, Relegated Coritiba, Sport Recife, Portuguesa, Figueirense

2014 - 1st Flamengo, 2nd Internacional, 3rd Corinthians, Relegated Bahia, Goiás, Atlético Goianiense, Ponte Preta

2013 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Grêmio, 3rd Atlético Mineiro, Relegated Santo André, Sport Recife, Cortiba, Nautico

2012 - 1st Palmeiras, 2nd São Paulo, 3rd Atlético Paranaense, Relegated Portuguesa, Santos, Ponte Preta, Goiás

2011 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Flamengo, 3rd Santos, Relegated Vasco, Avaí, Ceará, América (MG)

Barclays Premier League

2017-2018 - 1st Man Utd, 2nd Man City, 3rd Arsenal, Relegated Oxford, Huddersfield, Everton

2016-2017 - 1st Arsenal, 2nd Man City, 3rd Liverpool, Relegated West Ham, Norwich, Blackburn

2015-2016 - 1st Man Utd, 2nd Man City, 3rd Liverpool, Relegated QPR, Bolton, Watford

2014-2015 - 1st Arsenal, 2nd Liverpool, 3rd Man Utd, Relegated Sunderland, Aston Villa, Swansea

2013-2014 - 1st Arsenal, 2nd Man Utd, 3rd Tottenham, Relegated Norwich, Blackburn, Reading

2012-2013 - 1st Man Utd, 2nd Arsenal, 3rd Man City, Relegated Sunderland, Stoke, Wolves

2011-2012 - 1st Man City, 2nd Man Utd, 3rd Arsenal, Relegated Aston Villa, Everton, Wigan

Serie A TIM

2017-2018 - 1st Inter, 2nd Juventus, 3rd AC Milan, Relegated Ascoli, Brescia, Pescara

2016-2017 - 1st AC Milan, 2nd Juventus, 3rd Bari, Relegated Udinese, Calgiari, Parma

2015-2016 - 1st Juventus, 2nd AC Milan, 3rd Udinese, Relegated Pescara, Livorno, Brescia

2014-2015 - 1st AC Milan, 2nd Inter, 3rd Florentina, Relegated Lazio, Chievo, Novara

2013-2014 - 1st Inter, 2nd Napoli, 3rd AC Milan, Relegated Parma, Reggina, Pescara

2012-2013 - 1st AC Milan, 2nd Inter, 3rd Juventus, Relegated Siena, Bologna, Crotone

2011-2012 - 1st Inter, 2nd Napoli, 3rd AC Milan, Relegated Parma, Catania, Cesena

Liga BBVA

2017-2018 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd At. Madrid, Relegated Valladolid, Granada, Zaragoza

2016-2017 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd At. Madrid, Relegated Xerex, Deportivo, Las Palmas

2015-2016 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd At. Madrid, Relegated Betis, Hércules, Levante

2014-2015 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd At. Madrid, Relegated Deportivo, Xerez, Mallorca

2013-2014 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd At. Madrid, Relegated Las Palmas, Levante, Betis

2012-2013 - 1st Barcelona, 2nd Real Madrid, 3rd Valencia, Relegated Zaragoza, Elche, Córdoba

2011-2012 - 1st Real Madrid, 2nd Barcelona, 3rd Athletic, Relegated Rayo, Mallorca, Betis

1. Bundesliga

2017-2018 - 1st Dortmund, 2nd FC Bayern, 3rd Stuttgart, Relegated Hoffenheim, Duisburg

2016-2017 - 1st Dortmund, 2nd FC Bayern, 3rd Bayern Leverkusen, Relegated 1860 München, Hannover

2015-2016 - 1st FC Bayern, 2nd Dortmund, 3rd Bayern Leverkusen, Relegated Kaiserlautern, Bochum

2014-2015 - 1st FC Bayern, 2nd Dortmund, 3rd Stuttgart, Relegated 1860 München, Hertha BSC, Fürth

2013-2014 - 1st FC Bayern, 2nd Stuttgart, 3rd Dortmund, Relegated Düsseldorf, Duisburg

2012-2013 - 1st FC Bayern, 2nd Dortmund, 3rd Wolfsburg, Relegated 1860 München, Hannover, St. Pauli

2011-2012 - 1st Wolfsburg, 2nd Stuttgart, 3rd Bayern Leverkusen, Relegated Augsburg, Hoffenheim

Ligue 1 Orange

2017-2018 - 1st Marseille, 2nd Lyon, 3rd Bordeaux, Relegated Nice, Évian TG, Le Mans

2016-2017 - 1st PSG, 2nd Lille, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Lorient, Troyes, Nantes

2015-2016 - 1st PSG, 2nd Lyon, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Boulogne, Guingamp, Brest

2014-2015 - 1st PSG, 2nd Lyon, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Troyes, Nice, Nimes

2013-2014 - 1st Lyon, 2nd Marseille, 3rd Évian TG, Relegated Monaco, Guingamp, Ajaccio

2012-2013 - 1st Lyon, 2nd Lille, 3rd Monaco, Relegated Troyes, Nancy, Lorient

2011-2012 - 1st Lyon, 2nd Lille, 3rd Marseille, Relegated Sochaux, Brest, Montpellier

Eredivisie

2017-2018 - 1st PSV, 2nd FC Twente, 3rd Ajax, Relegated Almere City

2016-2017 - 1st sc Heerenveen, 2nd Ajax, 3rd PSV, Relegated FC Oss, FC Den Bosch, ADO Den Haag

2015-2016 - 1st sc Heerenveen, 2nd Ajax, 3rd PSV, Relegated Sparta, AGOVV

2014-2015 - 1st Ajax, 2nd PSV, 3rd sc Heerenveen, Relegated De Graafschap, VVV

2013-2014 - 1st PSV, 2nd Vitesse, 3rd Ajax, Relegated NAC Breda, FC Den Bosch, Volendam

2012-2013 - 1st Vitesse, 2nd PSV, 3rd Ajax, Relegated NEC, Helmond Sport

2011-2012 - 1st Ajax, 2nd Vitesse, 3rd PSV, Relegated NAC Breda, RKC, Excelsior

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

2017-2018 - 1st Rubin, 2nd CSKA Moscow, 3rd Zenit, Relegated Rostov, Ural, KamAZ

2016-2017 - 1st Anji, 2nd Lokomotiv Moscow, 3rd Rubin, Relegated Krasnodar, Dinamo Bryansk, Yenisey, Baltika

2015-2016 - 1st CKSA Moscow, 2nd Dinamo Moscow, 3rd Spartak Moscow, Relegated Ural, Rostov, Volgar

2014-2015 - 1st Dinamo Moscow, 2nd CKSA Moscow, 3rd Rubin, Relegated Volga NN, Krylja Sovetov, Spartak Nalchik

2013-2014 - 1st Anji, 2nd Rubin, 3rd CKSA Moscow, Relegated Dinamo Bryansk, Rostov, Ural

2012-2013 - 1st Spartak Moscow, 2nd CKSA Moscow, 3rd Lokomotiv Moscow, Relegated Shinnik, KamAZ

2011-2012 - 1st CKSA Moscow, 2nd Zenit, 3rd Rubin, Relegated Krylia Sovetov, Volga NN, Tom, Spartak Nalchik

American/Canadian Major League Soccer

2018 - Winners Chivas USA, Runners Up Seattle

2017 - Winners Portland, Runners Up New England

2016 - Winners Los Angeles, Runners Up New York

2015 - Winners Columbus, Runners Up Portland

2014 - Winners Columbus, Runners Up Vancouver Whitecaps

2013 - Winners Colorado, Runners Up Real Salt Lake

2012 - Winners FC Dallas, Runners Up Toronto FC

2011 - Winners Seattle, Runners Up New York

Domestic Cups

Carling Cup

2017-2018 - Winners Tottenham, Runner Up Liverpool

2016-2017 - Winners Liverpool, Runner Up Bolton

2015-2016 - Winners Leicester, Runner Up Arsenal

2014-2015 - Winners Chelsea, Runner Up West Ham

2013-2014 - Winners Stoke, Runner Up Reading

2012-2013 - Winners Everton, Runner Up Fulham

2011-2012 - Winners Tottenham, Runner Up Liverpool

The FA Cup with Budweiser

2017-2018 - Winners Tottenham, Runner Up Aston Villa

2016-2017 - Winners Tottenham, Runner Up Stoke

2015-2016 - Winners Chelsea, Runner Up Leeds

2014-2015 - Winners Tottenham, Runner Up QPR

2013-2014 - Winners Sunderland, Runner Up Liverpool

2012-2013 - Winners Everton, Runner Up Blackburn

2011-2012 - Winners Fulham, Runner Up Arsenal

TIM Cup

2017-2018 - Winners Inter, Runner Up Fiorentina

2016-2017 - Winners Bari, Runner Up AC Milan

2015-2016 - Winners Sampdoria, Runner Up Juventus

2014-2015 - Winners Lecce, Runner Up Palermo

2013-2014 - Winners Genoa, Runner Up AC Milan

2012-2013 - Winners Cagliari, Runner Up Lazio

2011-2012 - Winners AC Milan, Runner Up Roma

Copa del Ray

2017-2018 - Winners Betis, Runner Up Sevilla

2016-2017 - Winners Valencia, Runner Up Villareal

2015-2016 - Winners Real Madrid, Runner Up Almeria

2014-2015 - Winners Real Sociedad, Runner Up Barcelona

2013-2014 - Winners At. Madrid, Runner Up Real Madrid

2012-2013 - Winners At. Madrid, Runner Up Athletic

2011-2012 - Winners Real Sociedad, Runner Up Osasuna

DFB-Pokal

2017-2018 - Winners Gladbach, Runner Up FC Bayern

2016-2017 - Winners Hannover, Runner Up Gladbach

2015-2016 - Winners Bayern Leverkusen, Runner Up Dortmund

2014-2015 - Winners Schalke, Runner Up Wehen

2013-2014 - Winners Stuttgart, Runner Up Nürnberg

2012-2013 - Winners Gladbach, Runner Up Schalke

2011-2012 - Winners Stuttgart, Runner Up Cottbus

Coupe de la Ligue

2017-2018 - Winners Lille, Runner Up Valenciennes

2016-2017 - Winners Bordeaux, Runner Up Lyon

2015-2016 - Winners PSG, Runner Up Lille

2014-2015 - Winners Marseille, Runner Up PSG

2013-2014 - Winners Évian TG, Runner Up Lyon

2012-2013 - Winners Dijon, Runner Up Marseille

2011-2012 - Winners Toulouse, Runner Up Nice

KNVB Beker Cup

2017-2018 - Winners Ajax, Runner Up PSV

2016-2017 - Winners Roda JC, Runner Up PSV

2015-2016 - Winners sc Heerenveen, Runner Up PSV

2014-2015 - Winners PSV, Runner Up Ajax

2013-2014 - Winners Ajax, Runner Up FC Groninghen

2012-2013 - Winners Vitesse, Runner Up Heracles

2011-2012 - Volga NN RKC, Runner Up Almere City

Rambler Kobuk Rossii

2017-2018 - Winners Baltika, Runner Up Krylja Sovetov

2016-2017 - Winners CSKA Moscow, Runner Up Lokomotiv Moscow

2015-2016 - Winners CSKA Moscow, Runner Up Tom

2014-2015 - Winners Kuban, Runner Up CSKA Moscow

2013-2014 - Winners Alania, Runner Up Kransnodar

2012-2013 - Winners Lokomotiv Moscow, Runner Up Chernomorets (RUS)

2011-2012 - Volga NN Toulouse, Runner Up Rubin

Nutrlite Canadian Championship

2018 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up Vancouver Whitecaps

2017 - Winners FC Edmonton, Runners Up Montreal Impact

2016 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up Vancouver Whitecaps

2015 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up FC Edmonton

2014 - Winners Vancouver Whitecaps, Runners Up FC Edmonton

2013 - Winners Montreal Impact, Runners Up Toronto FC

2012 - Winners Toronto FC, Runners Up Montreal Impact

2011 - Winners FC Edmonton, Runners Up Montreal Impact

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

2018 - Winners Minnesota Stars, Runners Up Los Angeles

2017 - Winners Charleston Battery, Runners Up Harrisburg City Islanders

2016 - Winners Chivas USA, Runners Up New York

2015 - Winners Chivas USA, Runners Up Minnesota Stars

2014 - Winners Colorado, Runners Up Minnesota Stars

2013 - Winners Portland, Runners Up Columbus

2012 - Winners Los Angeles, Runners Up Chivas USA

2011 - Winners FC Dallas, Runners Up Atlanta Silverbacks

Continental Cups

UEFA Champions League

2017-2018 - Winners Man City, Runners Up Barcelona

2016-2017 - Winners Inter Milan, Runners Up Barcelona

2015-2016 - Winners Man City, Runners Up CSKA Moscow

2014-2015 - Winners Man City, Runners Up FC Bayern

2013-2014 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up Valencia

2012-2013 - Winners Man Utd, Runners Up Barcelona

2011-2012 - Winners Real Madrid, Runners Up FC Bayern

UEFA Europa League

2017-2018 - Winners PSV, Runners Up Marseille

2016-2017 - Winners Valencia, Runners Up Porto

2015-2016 - Winners Juventus, Runners Up Shakhtar Donetsk

2014-2015 - Winners Liverpool, Runners Up Tottenham

2013-2014 - Winners Sevilla, Runners Up Juventus

2012-2013 - Winners Benfica, Runners Up Fiorentina

2011-2012 - Winners Sporting CP, Runners Up Dortmund

Copa Santander Libertadores

2018 - Winners Independiente, Runners Up São Paulo

2017 - Winners Corinthians, Runners Up Pachuca

2016 - Winners São Paulo, Runners Up Vélez

2015 - Winners Flamengo, Runners Up Independiente

2014 - Winners São Paulo, Runners Up Independiente

2013 - Winners Racing Club, Runners Up Grêmio

2012 - Winners Boca, Runners Up São Paulo

Copa Bridgestone Sudamericana

2018 - Winners Colo Colo, Runners Up Cruzeiro

2017 - Winners Independiente, Runners Up Fluminense

2016 - Winners Independiente, Runners Up Universidad de Chile

2015 - Winners Vasco, Runners Up Palmeiras

2014 - Winners Flamengo, Runners Up Independiente

2013 - Winners Botafogo, Runners Up Boca

2012 - Winners Godoy Cruz, Runners Up Corinthians

2011 - Winners Vélez, Runners Up Flamengo

CONCACAF Champions League

2017-201 - Winners Chivas, Runners Up Tigres

2016-2017 - Winners Chivas, Runners Up Tigres

2015-2016 - Winners Chivas, Runners Up Monterrey

2014-2015 - Winners Pumas, Runners Up América (MEX)

2013-2014 - Winners Pachuca, Runners Up Los Angeles

2012-2013 - Winners Chivas, Runners Up América (MEX)

2011-2012 - Winners Monterrey, Runners Up Los Angeles

Domestic International Cups

FIFA Club World Cup

2018 - Winners Man City, Runners Up Independiente

2017 - Winners Chivas, Runners Up Inter Milan

2016 - Winners São Paulo, Runners Up Man City

2015 - Winners Man City, Runners Up Flamengo

2014 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up São Paulo

2013 - Winners Man Utd, Runners Up Antlers

2012 - Winners Real Madrid, Runners Up Monterrey

2011 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up Santos

International Competitions

African Cup of Nations

2017 - Winners South Africa, Runners Up Senegal, 3rd Mali

2015 - Winners Cameroon, Runners Up Mali, 3rd Morocco

2013 - Winners Ivory Coast, Runners Up Senegal, 3rd Mali

2012 - Winners Morocco, Runners Up Tunisia, 3rd Senegal

UEFA European Championship

2016 - Winners Germany, Runners Up Spain

2012 - Winners Italy, Runners Up France

CONCACAF Gold Cup

2017 - Winners Canada, Runners Up Jamaica

2015 - Winners Mexico, Runners Up Honduras

2013 - Winners Mexico, Runners Up Costa Rica

OFC Nations Cup

2016 - Winners New Zealand, Runners Up Wallis & Futuna

2012 - Winners Samoa, Runners Up New Zealand

Copa América

2015 - Winners Argentina, Runners Up United States, 3rd Paraguay

FIFA World Cup

2018 - Winners Ivory Coast, Runners Up Russia, 3rd Spain

2014 - Winners Spain, Runners Up Argentina, 3rd Brazil

Great first half to the season. If Doumbia keeps up that scoring record you must be in contention to win everything.
Very close at the top,hopefully Arsenal will slip away as the league progresses.Nothing short of brilliant in the Champions League,good luck against Besiktas :thup:
Looking good for a few trophies.

Thanks, guys. The season has gone well so far. I've brought in a couple new players in the transfer window as well that I believe will enable us to grow and get a bit younger to.

15 January 2019

1d17c3ca3b.jpg

Inter Move for Cerud

With Inter Milan vacant a manager, the Board has immediately moved with a poaching offer for Tottenham boss, Cerud. Cerud, enjoying his first full season with the Spurs, has declined the move, stating his intention to remain with the London club.

"A move to Inter would be a great one for any manager; however, my home is in London. Managing Tottenham has been a dream of mine and I am nowhere close to having achieved what I want to. I hope that the Hotspurs will have me for years to come."

intersx.png

January 2019 Update

Barclays Premier League

Doumbia continues to lead the squad; however, he has gone back to Africa for the African Cup going on right now. He's also taken my starting goalkeeper and another player. Still, we are managing and it's given some time for me to rotate in a couple of the younger players. Butterworth has stepped up with a few matches and done well. So have our new signings, with Mavreas/B] scoring on his debut and going on to become a just as important as Doumbia.

The Wigan match was a bit of a let down. I didn't think we would tie, but in the end, a tiem was generous for us. Wigan was the better team.

fixsq.png

FA Cup and Carling Cup

He had our first match in the FA Cup in our progression of defending that trophy. A simple match against Leicester was enough to move on.

The semi final against Liverpool for the Carling Cup was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Liverpool just hasn't been a threat to us this year in any competition.

cupf.png

The Standings

standx.png

We are more than halfway through the season and looking in good position. Both Arsenal ad us have moved ahead of the rest of the group by a bit; however, I still remember that the Gunners handles us easily in our first match this season. We need to be ready for the rematch. Interesting to see Stoke near the bottom...perhaps this is not their year?

Transfers

A couple of youth squad members were brought in, but our two main signings were these two.

Orlando Cornelissen - M/AM C - He made an instant impact becoming the Youth Player of the Month.

Markos Mavreas - ST - An instant impact, scoring 10 goals this month in all competitions. He is young and will likely be Doumbia's replacement when he retires.

Awards

• Young Player of the Month - Orlando Cornelissen - 1st Place, Stewart Butterworth - 2nd Place

Cracking season thus far.
Excellent season so far,shaking Arsenal off looks to continue to be tough for you.

THanks, SRL88 and BWG! Arsenal are continuing to be a problem though. It'll be a title race between us two I think.

February 2019 Update

Barclays Premier League

We were lucky that we had cover in a few key positions. I had N'Guessan, our starting goalkeeper, and Doumbia, our powerhouse striker, as well as a backup fullback away to the Ivory Coast for the African Cup of Nations. But it gave a few other players time on the first squad, especially youngsters. Butterworth is becoming better with each match. I'm hoping that he continues to grow as he has been.

fixn.png

FA Cup

Alas, not our year. Having much needed players away in Africa definitely hurt us. However, Butterworth stepped up and at least made it interesting, netting a hattrick. But this is one cup that we will no longer be defending.

81908296.png

The Standings

standw.png

The tie against Southampton was enough for Arsenal to pull ahead of us in the table. We're getting close to the final day so, we need to ensure solid play here on out. I think we still have a match against Arsenal so that is set to become the most important match of the season. They beat us earlier in the year; we must do better!

Awards

1st Knockout Round

This game was closer than it should have been. Besiktas is a club that we should have taken to town, but we still come away with the win and can secure progression with one more at home.

cfix.png

cstand.png

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifiers - 2nd Phase

The World Cup Qualifiers begin for Canada! We have a fairly easy group, but Canada has always had problems in qualifying. It's my job to change all that.

4 September 2015

428187847.png1326902812.png

2nd Phase

El Salvador 0 - 7 Canada

This was my second match with Team Canada, the first being a friendly warm up. This match broke the record for Canada's biggest win as well as for the most goals in a match by a player for Simeon Jackson (he had 4). El Salvador's single shot didn't come until the end of the match.

8 September 2015

1326902812.png571471877.png

2nd Phase

Canada 3 - 1 St. Vincent & The Grenadines

Another match in which be dominated. We were controlling the match easily, but were not able to take the win until the 76th minute.

GET IN THERE JACKSON! Great to see one of my Real Life clubs players doing well. As you can image Norwich dont really get mentioned much on all these different career threads.

He cant hit a barn door in real life. Works real hard though. Just appears in real life to be the kind of player who needs 3 or 4 touches to get it under control. Always has a stupidly quiet first half a season in his time at Norwich but pops up in closing stages with vital goals. (although half the time its off his rear end or knee lol.)

Being bored at work recently ive read through SRL88 & TomTucks journey men saves to pass time and now ive picked yours to read through and really am enjoying it. Keep up the good work. Im only on page 5 at the minute so a little bit to read to get fully up to date!

Archived