Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good team, definitely the strongest available bar Cesar at RB instead of All Bran, although hopefully what he lacks in attacking impetus he should replace with a slight increase in defensive stability. It'll be a tough game, but hopefully the selection should be strong enough to win up, barring a typical Benitez blunder.

....... well, we didn't deserve much from this game tbh.

Such cheap goals to concede.

Disagree, think we deserved a draw.

You know lads, there are these great things called substitutions. When the game isn't going your way, you can bring one player off and replace him with a different player! I know it's a revolutionary concept, but maybe, just maybe, we should try them?

What a ****ing surprise. 2 brilliant goals and some awful defending again. Newcastle's 2nd in particular was awful to concede. If we keep playing like this we won't get 4th ffs.

Also wish Demba Ba hadn't got smashed in the face. Not really sure about the whole penalty/red card debate but let's be fair he would have scored that if Collocini hasn't smashed him in the face.

You know lads, there are these great things called substitutions. When the game isn't going your way, you can bring one player off and replace him with a different player! I know it's a revolutionary concept, but maybe, just maybe, we should try them?

You'd never make it at chelsea with your crazy management style. If a straight swap at right back doesn't result in a win I don't know what will.

Disagree, think we deserved a draw.

We've hardly got any game changers looking at that bench, do we? We sorely missed Mikel, Hazard and Moses in the past 3 games but it doesn't excuse the poor displays from certain players.

We've hardly got any game changers looking at that bench, do we? We sorely missed Mikel, Hazard and Moses in the past 3 games but it doesn't excuse the poor displays from certain players.

Might as well have given Marin a chance, I know he hasn't been great so far, but Bertrand isn't a winger, great player, but not a winger. Marin at least gives them something different to think about. A sub at least cuts up the rhythm of the game.

Benitez seems to think "Well, I've picked a team and turned up on time, I'm wearing a suit and I'm sat on the right bench, I think that's my job done for the day."

Let's just hope WBA do us a favour tomorrow then. If not then Spurs will be 1 point behind and with performances like this top 4 would even be difficult. Today certainly wasn't helped by Ba going off but I actually thought Torres was decent for a change. Still no Demba Ba though.

Also can't believe we made just one sub in that whole game. After we scored I would have brought on Marin for Bertrand just to go at them. If we score again I can't see them coming back.

Let's just hope WBA do us a favour tomorrow then. If not then Spurs will be 1 point behind and with performances like this top 4 would even be difficult. Today certainly wasn't helped by Ba going off but I actually thought Torres was decent for a change. Still no Demba Ba though.

Yeah Torres worked hard and kept the ball, and had really nothing created for him, but he was still rarely in the box when we needed him. Shame Demba had to go off, hope they can just patch him up for the next match because god do we need him.

I just despair at this situation sometimes.

Tbf we were bad in the first half but realistically could have scored twice through Lamps and Demba Ba. Saying that Cisse was terrible in front of goal today and should have scored.

I wouldn't be worried if we had these two results against City and United but against Reading away and Newcastle it's just not good enough. Reading more so as it was obvious to everyone Newcastle were going to be better than they have been over the last few weeks.

I don't like Benitez and I don't want him here but I wasn't willing to put the blame all on him. Now I don't give a ****. There is no doubt in my mind we would be in a better position if we kept RDM. If we don't actually get 4th it will be an absolute bloody disgrace. It's pains me to think the players, money and potential managers we could miss out on without getting 4th.

Tbf we were bad in the first half but realistically could have scored twice through Lamps and Demba Ba. Saying that Cisse was terrible in front of goal today and should have scored.

I wouldn't be worried if we had these two results against City and United but against Reading away and Newcastle it's just not good enough. Reading more so as it was obvious to everyone Newcastle were going to be better than they have been over the last few weeks.

Yeah, if we'd been offered a point before this game I would've taken it no question. A loss away at that team isn't even that terrible it's how we lost. It's the complete inaction from the FSW on the bench, the lack of any idea what to do to change a game, in short, the lack of any managing of the game. Seriously, can someone tell me how this guy has made a living as a manager when he clearly has no ****ing clue what to do once the match begins?

Gotta say, massive credit to Oscar, could've had 2 penalties if he'd gone down but he stayed on his feet. Refs need to encourage that more, award penalties when they're due, not just if the player goes down. Also thought he generally had a good game, his best defensive work I've seen so far.

Please make Lampard manager if we won't keep him as player...

One of the most ridiculous statements ever made on here...I know you are pissed off at losing, but c'mon, this bears no actual knowledge of understanding what it takes to manage your club. Lampard would fall flat on his face as manager with what your fans expect in the next few years.

One of the most ridiculous statements ever made on here...I know you are pissed off at losing, but c'mon, this bears no actual knowledge of understanding what it takes to manage your club. Lampard would fall flat on his face as manager with what your fans expect in the next few years.

I think your post tops his

Actually the fact you took his post seriously is one of the most ridiculous posts on here :D

He wasn't being serious ffs :D

Thanks for the laugh

Fair play if he wasn't being serious...I thought he was there, so my bad :o

Tis just a defeat today, I still think you'll finish 3rd and above us...but I am well interested in who you do think your next manager will be...if it ain't Jose of course!

Archived