Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes...damn you and your ineffective emoticon clicking...did think you were being serious there!

TBF...I bet some Chelsea fans, not on here mind, would agree with Lamps for manager!

Honestly, if it's not Benitez it's an improvement. Hell, at least Lamps understands the club, and if you believe half the bollocks that's been spoken about us in the past there were times when he actually was managing the team :D

Obviously there aren't many who seriously want Frank to take over, but there are so many that want anyone but Rafa, that if he was given the job most people would cheer.

Well could he be worse than Benitez is doing now? Any result we get now will most probably be because of player skill and not cause of Benitez. Just saying!

Yeah, but if he did awful that would just affect his legendary status with you. Better getting someone else probably. Although I do agree he could probably do the same or better than Rafa...he's not really doing anything like I thought he would for you lot!

Honestly, if it's not Benitez it's an improvement. Hell, at least Lamps understands the club, and if you believe half the bollocks that's been spoken about us in the past there were times when he actually was managing the team :D

Obviously there aren't many who seriously want Frank to take over, but there are so many that want anyone but Rafa, that if he was given the job most people would cheer.

Give himself a contract first and foremost ;)

Yeah, but if he did awful that would just affect his legendary status with you. Better getting someone else probably. Although I do agree he could probably do the same or better than Rafa...he's not really doing anything like I thought he would for you lot!

Depressingly, he's doing exactly what I thought he'd do for us. I've never rated him as a manager, even when he was at Liverpool I thought they were succeeding in-spite of Rafa many times, rather than because of him. Used to really annoy my Liverpool mates that :D

Genuinely, I think Benitez is probably a great coach, but a truly awful manager.

Depressingly, he's doing exactly what I thought he'd do for us. I've never rated him as a manager, even when he was at Liverpool I thought they were succeeding in-spite of Rafa many times, rather than because of him. Used to really annoy my Liverpool mates that :D

Genuinely, I think Benitez is probably a great coach, but a truly awful manager.

Surely must have something after what he did at Valencia and Liverpool...obviously not the right bloke for you, but he is highly rated elsewhere...however, his appointment at Chelsea mustn't be doing his reputation any favours.

There's only so many managers that we can go through before the players need to receive the criticism that they rightly deserve

Nobody is saying the players are immune from criticism, our midfield has not been good enough for some time now, but there's only one man who's sending them out to do the same thing game after game. Yes, they deserve criticism, and I've given a fair bit out (especially to Rambo lately, I so want him to get back to his best) but everyone is just so exasperated by knowing nothing is going to change until the manager does right now.

Surely must have something after what he did at Valencia and Liverpool...obviously not the right bloke for you, but he is highly rated elsewhere...however, his appointment at Chelsea mustn't be doing his reputation any favours.

I know he's highly rated, I just don't get why. Never really saw much of him at Valencia, didn't really follow La Liga in those days, and while he accomplished a lot, every time I saw them he'd do something stupid. Rest Torres in a game he had to win, sub him off when it was 0-0, he just never impressed me. Liverpool did superbly under him, but when you look at the squad they had, it would've been hard not to. Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher all at their best, it was a superb squad to work with. His CL win you could really compare to Di Matteo's, it wasn't really his squad at that point and they had a fair bit of luck.

I dunno, I've just never seen what everybody else saw, I just saw terrible use of subs, odd team selections and dreadful man management (see Alonso, Benayoun etc.) Oh, and of course mental press conferences :D

There were also loads of Liverpool fans that wanted rid of him and were happy when he was gone.

They all seemed to have forgotten that, I remember a lot of them complaining about him in hist last year or two, but apparently he's now Saint Rafa again. His face makes me feel angry

There were also loads of Liverpool fans that wanted rid of him and were happy when he was gone.

I was one of the people that was glad when he left. He sets out not to lose a game rather than set out to win well he did at liverpool and it was because of this cautious approach we didn't win the title in 2008.

Our Feb PL games are Wigan at home and City away. Would love 6 points but I reckon 4 would be great as well. Then the 4 games in March, West Brom at home, Fulham away, West Ham at home and Southampton away. We really need to be winning all 4 of those games. We haven't got the hardest lot of games left but we need to improve a lot and sort out conceding these sloppy/late goals.

Tbf we were bad in the first half but realistically could have scored twice through Lamps and Demba Ba.

Just back from the match.

Krul didn't make a save first half, Lampard did a conversion which would have made the England Rugby team proud and someone else (Ramires) also blasted one miles over the bar, you were awful apart from the goals which were both fb goals tbf.

Krul didn't make a save first half, Lampard did a conversion which would have made the England Rugby team proud and someone else (Ramires) also blasted one miles over the bar, you were awful apart from the goals which were both fb goals tbf.

Well, he did make the save from Ba which resulted in his almost decapitation from your cap'n. And we had a few chances second half other than the goals, mainly fell to Lampard or Mata. I do think we deserved a draw. Also, a lot of your shots were from volleys outside the area, which mostly went wide. Your players do love those dipping volleys :D

Okay. Where did I say that Krul made a save? I also didn't say we played well in the first half. I said we could have scored twice. Lampard's was a chance he would usually put away or at least get on target. Plus I think Ba would have scored if he didn't have half an eye on Collocini kicking him in the face, still should have scored.

Why was Rafa kicking off on the touchline btw? He had 49k Newcastle fans singing your just a fat Spanish waiter at him which was amusing.

Also I see someone got their Rafa out sign once we scored the winner too

Tbf, he usually has 40k Chelsea fans singing that every week, so he's probably used to it. Didn't see what the arguments were about on the touchline, think Pardew didn't think the foul on Oscar was a foul, then Benitez wanted Cabaye booked for kicking the ball away. Just a guess though

If Newcastle had lost this, I bet there'd be an outcry about Ramires' tackle in the first half which could've been a red.

Wee club etc

A real club. Love to see the ave attendance down at the bridge if Chelsea had Newcastle's league positions...oh I did. :-)

You guys sob and throw toys out of pram in 4th place ffs :lol:

A real club. Love to see the ave attendance down at the bridge if Chelsea had Newcastle's league positions...oh I did. :-)

You guys sob and throw toys out of pram in 4th place ffs :lol:

Your vendetta against Chelsea is hilarious. I can't even remember who you support? You have posted in here for weeks and everybody just ignores it. Obviously apart from me now, but I'm ****ed so who cares.

I can't help wondering whether your signing policy could be a bit better. I am not a Chelsea supporter but I would have thought with Roman's financial backing you could achieve more. I was surprised you didn't sign Van Persie - a proven Premiership striker who was up for grabs, especially as he wouldn't have to move his family. I also find it funny that you don't sign proven Premiership players more like United do. I would be looking at Leighton Baines - to eventually replace Ashley Cole and I would also be wondering if Michu could do it for more than one season.

Lastly I would offer Frank Lampard the money to get him to sign on for another season.

I can't help wondering whether your signing policy could be a bit better. I am not a Chelsea supporter but I would have thought with Roman's financial backing you could achieve more. I was surprised you didn't sign Van Persie - a proven Premiership striker who was up for grabs, especially as he wouldn't have to move his family. I also find it funny that you don't sign proven Premiership players more like United do. I would be looking at Leighton Baines - to eventually replace Ashley Cole and I would also be wondering if Michu could do it for more than one season.

Lastly I would offer Frank Lampard the money to get him to sign on for another season.

Well Frank's contract isn't about money, it's about the club being twats. Baines to replace Ashley is still a possible move, though I'd rather see Bertrand given a shot, and Michu is a good player but needs a side built around him, which we aren't going to do.

Van Persie wanted to go to United, I don't think he had any interest in another club (certainly not in City at least) and anyway, at that point Roman wanted Torres to be our first choice and RVP would've prevented that.

Agree with Bracken; don't particularly want Baines as I'd much rather see Bertrand get the role - even if he isn't quite as good there's no point having an academy if you aren't going to use the players. PvA seems to be doing well in Holland too so may end up being a viable option as well.

Baines is 28, right? This summer should be the last that we're linked with him as a Cole replacement.

Bertrand has the rest of this season and next to learn from Cole and prove himself, otherwise we should probably be looking to get a new LB in. I'm hopeful that he'll prove himself capable, particularly next year when I'd expect him to get more games. Would love to see him get the position, but only if he's good enough.

I really like the look of Luke Shaw. Even though he's only he looks like he can handle it. Plus he's a Chelsea fan so that's all good. Maybe not for next season but maybe agreeing a deal for the season after so him and Bertrand can fight it out for a place.

I really like the look of Luke Shaw. Even though he's only he looks like he can handle it. Plus he's a Chelsea fan so that's all good. Maybe not for next season but maybe agreeing a deal for the season after so him and Bertrand can fight it out for a place.

I agree, looks a top player in the making, would love to have him and Bertrand fighting it out for a few years

Archived