[FM12] Psycho's FM World (Not Just another World Super League)

Out of all 3 cup competitions at the first rounds, but the teams dignity is still intact. A month off to experiment in friendlies then the Andorran league starts. made a few decent free transfers too and im enjoying the prospect of winning £18.5mil for winning the Andorran league lol

All the nations have the same league reputation and prize money to allow the lesser nations to be able to upgrade stadiums and facilities so as the seasons roll on they can become more competitive in the WSL system. What do you think of the non WSL team competition the drop-out cup ?(I think Andorra has one) cant remember though whether its at beginning of season or later on.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I just wasn't sure if adding an extra 2 divisions would mess everything up or not. As I say, if I were to swap Berwick into a playable division, I'd end up relegated for sure without cheating.

You may have to reconfigure the Non WSL competitions, if you have trouble send me a link with your new leagues added and let me know which team you replaced in WSL System (best to swap berwick with another team from scotland)

Out of all 3 cup competitions at the first rounds, but the teams dignity is still intact. A month off to experiment in friendlies then the Andorran league starts. made a few decent free transfers too and im enjoying the prospect of winning £18.5mil for winning the Andorran league lol

I havent seen one yet, probably at the end of the season

I'm not sure if this was intentional on your part or not, but I noticed this while reconfiguring the Scotland file to accomodate my changes; the real real minimum age for a full time contract in Scotland is 16, rather than the usual 17.

Intentional, every nation is set the the same way with transfer/squad and match rules.

Hows everyone finding this, Please feel free to post what nations you've got activated and the team your managing with how your doing.

Have noticed something strange with the Singapore league club players, that play in the WSL, on the players overview and history screen theres no match stats for players that were originally at the club. players that I've brought in are unaffected and all the other nations that I loaded are Ok, has anyone else had this with Singapore or any other nation ?.

Some FM Base members have reported a minor irritation with news updates about transfer windows opening/closing repeatable, I think its down to the amount of leagues in the England file. I haven't got to the transfer window period yet in my game but I'm thinking its news about each league and not just 1 news story repeating itself.

If you have noticed anything strange going on or what you think may be a bug then let me know and I can look into it and if fixable at my end update it for the Gold version:)

Started as Tre Penne in San Marino. After 6 months, and winning the league and cup, I have 44m in the bank, and a reputation at least 4 times that of any other San Marinese team.

I think the balance is a little off for starting with a crappy team in a crappy country!

I'll play it through a bit and give some more feedback, but I think when the Gold version comes out I'll look at a bigger league!

Finances are always a hard one to gauge, In the smaller nations where theres only a couple of teams in the nation leagues that also play in the WSL the reputation gap will be hugh but when there playing in the WSL then there still be a underdog team.

And going back to finances when smaller nation teams play in the WSL the expenditure will be higher but the money they receive will be less as there in the lower leagues and will struggle to win against superior competition so higher nation finances will stop teams going bankrupt hopefully. Let me know at the end of the WSL season what your teams Financial balance is with if possible screen shots of income & expenditure.

And thank you spotg, this type of feedback is not only helpful for this database but future databases as well:)

Sure thing :)

End of the season isn't going to be a good gauge, because we'll still be amateur at that point, so I expect to still have about 40m in the bank. It's going to take a few seasons to really find out what's going on.

I'll keep playing and report back when I can.

Gotten through my first season as everton. And one surprising thing was that liverpool did the double (World series cup,European super ellite vase). No bus so far (if you exclude the repeated tranfer message). As i think i said before i got a tycoon and made a lot of signings. Screenies:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/dac18c27.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/aa0e3999.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/a602695a.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/63b11192.jpg

Gotten through my first season as everton. And one surprising thing was that liverpool did the double (World series cup,European super ellite vase). No bus so far (if you exclude the repeated tranfer message). As i think i said before i got a tycoon and made a lot of signings. Screenies:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/dac18c27.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/aa0e3999.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/a602695a.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/sinnott99/63b11192.jpg

I,ve noticed on not only this Db but the default and others Liverpool over achieve consistently, I think SI Games were thinking that they would do well last season with "King Kenny" in charge and the likes of Suarez in the team.

I wonder how there try to predict how there going to do this season with Rodgers in charge and what looks to be likie little investment in the club this season.

I was quite surprised to see Mancini handed a new 5 year contract as well, as I thought despite Winning the Premiership (just) they underachieved with the squad at their disposal. I was expecting him to be sacked and them to go after Mourinho or Guardiola, still they can afford to pay him off if he underachieves this season.

Liverpool were relegated on my game along with Aston villa, it was very tight at the bottom.

They also went out to napoli in the quarter final of the euro super elite vase, lost to Huddersfield in Round 1 of the FA Cup and lost to West Ham in the 8th round of the world series cup.

Liverpool were relegated on my game along with Aston villa, it was very tight at the bottom.

They also went out to napoli in the quarter final of the euro super elite vase, lost to Huddersfield in Round 1 of the FA Cup and lost to West Ham in the 8th round of the world series cup.

Thats more like real life :lol:

If theres anything anybody thinks needs tweaking/improving ?. One thing I've already done is remove the 2 international friendlies on the 20th and 23rd July as this was affecting team selection for the first 2 games in either the WSL finals or the Continental cup/vase.

Europe now finished apart from Liechtenstein, I would like to have them have their own league but with them being included as Swiss teams in the game I think this will cause too many problems, will do a test when I've completed the rest of the nations across the world to see if its possible.

Here a screen shot of the 52 European nations that will be playable

footballmanager2012newgx.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW I got to loading up 132 files before FM had a spasm, I always was under the impression that the max number of files was around the 90 mark, so it shows with using as little changes (with the first 111 files I only had 20k changes in total) as you can its possible to load more.

Though saying that my recommendation would still be to load no more than 62 nation and the Essential files.

The only thing i would say is bugging so far is the amount of games at the beginning of the season. I'm Santa Coloma of Andorra in my second season.

Im through to the group stage of the Euro Conference Vase, so far through to round 4 of the world series and into the second round of the Champions League. 10 games in 26 days is a tad too much for a small squad like mine causing injuries. On the other hand I don't know where else one of those competitions could go. Im enjoying a good couple of cup runs, just hope I have a squad by the time the league season starts. Loving the game so far!

The only thing i would say is bugging so far is the amount of games at the beginning of the season. I'm Santa Coloma of Andorra in my second season.

Im through to the group stage of the Euro Conference Vase, so far through to round 4 of the world series and into the second round of the Champions League. 10 games in 26 days is a tad too much for a small squad like mine causing injuries. On the other hand I don't know where else one of those competitions could go. Im enjoying a good couple of cup runs, just hope I have a squad by the time the league season starts. Loving the game so far!

I would suggest just fielding youngsters and greyed out players in the Vase if your squad is small and concentrate on the world series cup and champions cup, glad your enjoying it. Im a little behind on schedule for the Gold Version so may upload a additional nation pack for Silver Edition and put the Gold Version release date to 2 weeks time.

Hi, I was playing as Caversham AFC in the New Zealand League 3/Asia and Oce WC Promotion and I noticed in the WC Promotion rules that it's relegating to the WC Championship in Americana! I'd say this is a bug and you'll need to go through all the WSL leagues and check for discrepancies in the promotion and relegation systems. In the meantime, I'll get into the editor and fix them and all that.

EDIT: While I was looking at the editor, it came upon me that the WA Underdog Leagues don't relegate to the WC Qualifiers. As well as the WP/WA Underdogs not having relegation spots ticked like the WSE Underdogs. I can upload the fixed file if you guys want. :)

Hi, I was playing as Caversham AFC in the New Zealand League 3/Asia and Oce WC Promotion and I noticed in the WC Promotion rules that it's relegating to the WC Championship in Americana! I'd say this is a bug and you'll need to go through all the WSL leagues and check for discrepancies in the promotion and relegation systems. In the meantime, I'll get into the editor and fix them and all that.

EDIT: While I was looking at the editor, it came upon me that the WA Underdog Leagues don't relegate to the WC Qualifiers. As well as the WP/WA Underdogs not having relegation spots ticked like the WSE Underdogs. I can upload the fixed file if you guys want. :)

Well spotted with the rel/prom for the WC Promotion:thup:

The only problem with the WA underdogs is the relegation path not being set, because the relegation from underdogs to qualifiers is purely play-off (no auto relegation spots) it doesn't matter whether the relegation box is ticked or not as the value is 0.

Will fix these for the Gold Version which hopefully will be available this coming weekend:)

downloaded went to start new game and getting this error ;-

Warning could not process the rule group settings in Simon-PC/C:/Users/Simon/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/editor data/England.xml at least two nations must be selected for the qualification process

It then proceeds to the nations select screen and england is greyed out and doesnt seem to have enough teams in each competition?

I dont have any other edited data running and have put the essentials folder inside editor data and my nations in their aswel (with all of europe inside that)

Help!?!

A few thoughts from what I've seen so far.

No international fixtures in 2012 for teams who did not qualify for the tournaments?

European U19 Champions Cup should have started August 2012 and hasn't (we're in October)

If you are playing in a small nation with low rep teams, whoever wins the league/cup in season 1 has a HUGE advantage (we went from 1/2 star rep to 2 star rep, and are now ludicrous favourites domestically in 2012)

As a manager in San Marino I was asked to vote in the BSB Group 3 best player award, which seemed to include the likes of Rooney and Torres.

No reserves or U18s in San Marino

No summer league in Kiribati

Otherwise not seen anything that hasn't been mentioned, so top stuff :thup:

Will play properly on the Gold version.

A few thoughts from what I've seen so far.

No international fixtures in 2012 for teams who did not qualify for the tournaments?

European U19 Champions Cup should have started August 2012 and hasn't (we're in October)

If you are playing in a small nation with low rep teams, whoever wins the league/cup in season 1 has a HUGE advantage (we went from 1/2 star rep to 2 star rep, and are now ludicrous favourites domestically in 2012)

As a manager in San Marino I was asked to vote in the BSB Group 3 best player award, which seemed to include the likes of Rooney and Torres.

No reserves or U18s in San Marino

No summer league in Kiribati

Otherwise not seen anything that hasn't been mentioned, so top stuff :thup:

Will play properly on the Gold version.

Not sure what I can do about international teams that haven't qualified for tournaments, the one thing I would like to see in the normal editor is a exceptions rule so if a team isn't in a comp you can place it in another or give a bye

European U19 Champions Cup not running after the first season is a common problem with custom dbs, I'll take a look in the advanced Editor and see if it can be fixed

Smaller nation teams having a hugh rep increase is due to myself setting their leagues at a higher rep so there more competitive in the WSL and transfer market, I will be taking a look at this and seeing if I can stagger reps for nations without seeing to much of a decline in competiveness for the FM13 version.

Awards, When I started making this I added awards for the WSL but they didn't work properly so stopped, hopefully I can remove them without causing problems. EDIT - just taken a look in the editor and seen the competition wasn't selected, so its taking players from all leagues, will be fixed.

Will take a look at the reserve/U18 problem, should be easily resolved

there wont be a summer league in Kiribati as theres only 8 teams in the nation and they all play in the WSL so during the summer they will be in either a Asia & Oceania cup or vase.

A quick update of where I am with this -

I've fixed a few problems mentioned in the above posts and from FM Base reports, and am currently running a holiday test to particularly look at finances as there seems to be teams struggling financially during the first season. I,ve already noticed that teams are only getting about a third of the TV money they should be.

I've got about 40 nations to complete still, but what I'm going to do as I'm struggling to find some decent amount of time to edit due to work commitments is to get the main file finished and release that with the nations that are complete this Sunday and then release the remaining nations when done.

For those that have helped in reporting issues with the Silver version, thank you its been a great help.:)

I think I must have a editor file hidden somewhere as I keep get an error on loading, and then not having enough teams in leagues.

It appears to be snagging on the African Cup of Nations and the Asian WSE.

I've stripped everything out of editor data file apart from the Essentials file. No other nations.

I've even got rid of the Inc and EDT files. Could it be something Steam related?

Any suggestion on what I might need to clear out?

Hey psyscho, I'd thought you would like my report because you have said in the past what works and what doenst and some positives and negatives.

I am currently in the 5th Season and this is your best database to date giving it 8/10

Positives: Domestic seasons 10/10 cant fault no issues plus multiple competitions all good no matter what team you are.

also with prize money and tv rights after a couple of seasons its a level playing field , the big teams dont have it there own way.

Negatives: Actually all little faults which arent i think of your doing(maybe)

TV rights for world super leagues it states you should get ??m but you dont get a penny.(domestic tv you do get)

But that may be a good thing if aint getting it maybe the rest arent ( still level playing field)

Transfers after a few seasons have gone totally nuts because of level playing field everybody has the money.

If you want and can afford a top player your talking 50m-100m to get him.

That includes South Americans where alot of them have gone home to play.

Now if you remember my biggest pet hates are international clashes and unfortunately they still happen

When and if you get to a play-off match in a world league at the end of the season late may early june depending on how many internationals you have,

you lose these players which could be vital to promotion.( lucky for me got promotion)

Now your only talking 2-3 games tops, but that could kill promotion if you lose key players.

OVERALL still very enjoyable to play enst the 8/10

Sweet. Gold Version incoming!

I only spotted the WC Promotion error because I was looking up prize money for Caversham AFC, and BAM! The error threw itself in my face. :p

I think I must have a editor file hidden somewhere as I keep get an error on loading, and then not having enough teams in leagues.

It appears to be snagging on the African Cup of Nations and the Asian WSE.

I've stripped everything out of editor data file apart from the Essentials file. No other nations.

I've even got rid of the Inc and EDT files. Could it be something Steam related?

Any suggestion on what I might need to clear out?

First off, tick the change box on database selection (if you only have the essential folder in the editor data folder there will be 16 files) and make sure your using 12.2.2 patch, when your in the screen with the list of files click clear at the bottom and then click select all and proceed as normal.

If your still having trouble try clearing your cache.

Hey psyscho, I'd thought you would like my report because you have said in the past what works and what doenst and some positives and negatives.

I am currently in the 5th Season and this is your best database to date giving it 8/10

Positives: Domestic seasons 10/10 cant fault no issues plus multiple competitions all good no matter what team you are.

also with prize money and tv rights after a couple of seasons its a level playing field , the big teams dont have it there own way.

Negatives: Actually all little faults which arent i think of your doing(maybe)

TV rights for world super leagues it states you should get ??m but you dont get a penny.(domestic tv you do get)

But that may be a good thing if aint getting it maybe the rest arent ( still level playing field)

Transfers after a few seasons have gone totally nuts because of level playing field everybody has the money.

If you want and can afford a top player your talking 50m-100m to get him.

That includes South Americans where alot of them have gone home to play.

Now if you remember my biggest pet hates are international clashes and unfortunately they still happen

When and if you get to a play-off match in a world league at the end of the season late may early june depending on how many internationals you have,

you lose these players which could be vital to promotion.( lucky for me got promotion)

Now your only talking 2-3 games tops, but that could kill promotion if you lose key players.

OVERALL still very enjoyable to play enst the 8/10

Domestic Season - having competitions for all teams throughout the season whether there in the WSL or not was one of my priorities with this db (one of my pet hates is the fact many World Super Leagues dbs have teams that only play for half a season)

TV Money - I am looking into this, and already have a couple of ideas on how to fix/improve it for the Gold version

Transfers - this is pretty much linked with the reputations of teams increasing dramatically, next years Version Im going to look at staggering the reps according to nation size and popularity, its a shame the editor doesnt allow us to set reputation increase based on where teams finish in the league and competitions it would be good if you could set this alongside prize money in a percentage ie top team would get a 10% increase with bottom team getting a 10% decrease or something like that.

Internationals - The international files where built for my Super 8's world Extreme db, If I get time I will take a look at seeing if I can move the early games, but from what I can remember some of the scheduling is tight. I have however already tweaked the International friendly file so the first 2 games are no longer played.

Rating - I'll take 8/10 for whats only a beta version, and hopefully when the Gold versions out it'll score a 9/10 or more:p

First off, tick the change box on database selection (if you only have the essential folder in the editor data folder there will be 16 files) and make sure your using 12.2.2 patch, when your in the screen with the list of files click clear at the bottom and then click select all and proceed as normal.

If your still having trouble try clearing your cache.

Tried all of that and I still get the errors. I'm on PC.

cups that have been won don't seem to be turning up in the club History for foreign teams - is this because the comps are based in England? seems to be fine for the English clubs

One of the flaws of using foreign teams in a secondary division unfortunately, however if you click on history>competitions>honours and then a specific comp/league their position in them are listed.

Was hoping to release the Gold Version at 5pm BST, but decided to tweak the dates for the international fixtures so release time is likely to be 7pm -8pm.

I wont be able to do a full test so will be relying on you good people to give feedback over the next week so I can concentrate on finishing the nations.

Gold Edition now available to download from the OP.

Changes Made -

Added another 68 nations - (still 30 + to be done)

TV Money - Due to the TV Money not being awarded for the WSL, I've added the amount each team should get to the prize money

Improved Prize money for the Continental WSL Cup & Vases and World Series Cup

Added Prize Money to the WSL Finals

Removed the July 23rd & 26th International friendly games

Tweaked the dates for Senior and some U23 International Competitions

Swapped some teams in the WSL Leagues, including adding some teams from nations that previously didn't have teams in them.

Changed some nations rules that were affected from the above

enabled reserve and U18 leagues for San Marino

Fixed problem with relegation/promotion paths for Asia and Americana WSL leagues

Fixed problem with BSB group 3 player of the season award.

Theres probably a few more that I've forgotten about.

I would strongly recommend removing all Silver Edition files from the Editor data folder before downloading and installing as some files have been modified and possibly have a name change, this will avoid any issues with duplicating data and/or causing crashes to occur.

Enjoy and please feel free to give any feedback or ask any questions you may have. :)

Nations completed

footballmanager2012newg.th.png

footballmanager2012newg.th.png

yeah i noticed you adjusted the prize money due to tv loss,will probably be 1-2 weeks before i really get into it but will let you know if any problems.

Due to being playing the silver version for 5-6 seasons

i have put into my game a legend db just to spice things up.

First off, Psycho it looks like an amazing database. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

But, at the moment, I can't actually start a game. I downloaded the Gold edition and put the files into the Editor Data file. They are the only files in there as I deleted the others. I then started the game and was forced to remove a file as there were two Namibia files. I chose to keep the V2 one and continued. After clicking confirm it was going through the processing stage when a message came up saying that the Canada Cup wasn't working. That made no difference. But when it came to picking the nations the option of England was greyed out. When I looked at what was wrong it said that there were too many teams in some leagues and not enough in some of the others. This means I can't actually start the game as the World Leagues aren't an option. Any idea of a fix?

Also I think I am running the 12.2.2 update.. (it says 12.2.2 at the top when picking the nations etc. but 12.2.0 when I click new game)

Edit: I just re-read the instructions on installing and I don't seem to have the My Nations folder. Don't know if that's right or wrong just thought I'd let you know..

Forgot to add the My nations folder(its an empty folder there to help you place the nations you want loaded), just create one. As for Nambia I made 2 by mistake and couldn't decide which one to keep as the styles of competition are different in each and forgot to remove one before zipping I'll update the download link soon.

If you have messages like the Canada one or if england becomes greyed out, start game again - tick change box - click clear at bottom right of files screen and then select all, its the way FM loads dbs that causes these clashes. Only worry about yelllow triangles if you've loaded that file otherwise they dont matter or affect the game.

Link updated, Only 1 Nambia file and added the My nations folder.

Remember to download to a non FM folder at first, then open My Nations Folder(empty) and choose the nations you wish to load from the 6 continent folders this folder(France and England are in the Essential folder and must be loaded) then place the My nations and the Essential folder into the Editor data folder and start new game.

Create a 2 folders in mydocs called OldFMfiles and FMWorld, move all files from editor folder to OldFMfiles and extract Gold Version zip to FMWorld folder.

Do not move anything to editor data folder yet. Follow the following steps exactly

AS YOU DO THESE STEPS TAKE SCREENSHOTS

1. Start new game, if it goes straight to nations screen, everythings ok and go to step 4

2. If the database pop up box appears tick change and note down which files are there (its reading data from another folder within the SI Games Folder

3 search for files listed through all folders in the SI Games folders within your document folder and delete.

4 Move Essential folder in FMWorld to editor data folder (Do not load any other nations at this point)

5 Start new Game - Pop up box should appear and you should have 16 files within it click ok if enabled or change if not and select all on next screen.

6 Hopefully now you should see England as a selectable nation. if not upload screenshots to here or PM me with them

7. Place your nations within My Nations and place in editor folder

8 start new game and whether all files are enabled or not tick change

9 In files selection screen click clear then select all and proceed, all should work fine now.

Archived