SuperDan's World League!

SuperDan!

After seeing all the other world leagues on this forum, I have decided to create something of my own volition, based a little bit on Dave's thread on Challenges, Sign up and experiments.

Basically, I am in the process of creating a world league, where every nation is represented by one team. The teams are sorted into divisions based on their world rankings, their reputation being their world ranking x 6. They play at their national stadium, and are owned by said team, so they can further expand it.

To make this a challenge, I will set a regulation that 4 or 5 national players must be in their team lineup each game.

The teams also enter a cup based on their region, ie european cup, Asian cup, for the first half of the season. The winners of each cup enter a club world championship kind of tournament in the second half of the season.

The league structure is as follows:

1st tier:Premier (20 teams)

2nd tier: Championship (20)

3rd tier: Eastern Conference + Western Conference (both 20)

4th tier: the Americas (16), Europe (16), Africa (18), Asia,Middle East & Oceania (16)

5th tier: Americas 2 (12), Africa 2 (20), A, ME (24), Oceania (14)

The tiers 3 to 5 are regionalised and will reflect so, with some flexible boundaries. I haven't thought of proper names for the leagues later, and I'm also unsure of the names of the teams, but I'm thinking they should reflect the Cultural or Historical nature of the nation. Any advice would be appreciated, and if there is any interest I shall post the database for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

Archived