The Youth Experiment

TomHAVFC

right, have read a story recently where this guy plays the game only using youth players every season and it's something I thought was quite interesting so I have decided to copy it myself!

It was quite fun reading his updates and seeing how well his players progressed etc. I'll post the CA/PA of the players throughout the game if that's not frowned upon just to show you how the players are developing.

Like the story I'm going to start as Crewe as they have the best academy under the Championship. I had started one with Grimsby but it was a bit naff playing with players with a CA of 20 or something :D

EDIT: ah just noticed the rules, CA/PA not allowed so I won't post them then! I'll just post the screenshots of my players after each season.

End of Season report 2011/12

League Two: 23rd (P46 W10 D9 L27 F45 A83 GD-38 PTS39) - Relegated

FA Cup: 2nd Round (1-3 vs. Torquay)

Carling Cup: 1st Round (0-2 vs. Burnley)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd Round (0-5 vs. Tranmere)

Most Appearances: Ashley Westwood (50 Appearances)

Most Goals: Byron Moore (9 in 48 appearances)

Highest Average Rating: Steve Phillips (6.95 rating)

so yeah, not a great season. With ten wins though with the squad I'm using I'm actually feeling quite optimistic for next season. Just a shame it'll be in the Blue Square Prem :D

Will make my next post the development of the players I used this season and the players coming through for next season.

Archived