Central Defenders too static?

I have this problem with my tactic were the pressing game between midfield and attack goes very well, but behind the midfield, where strikers are dropping to get the ball, my defenders don't come forward to mark them, meaning there is a way to play out of the pressing game. That's not the only problem, I also would like to have defenders, when they can't deliver the ball to run forward with the ball but I don't think there is any possibility that will happen( I've tried Ronaldo as CB even he didn't dribble his way to shoot at goal). The only reasonable solution seems to make one CB a DM but they don't challenge strikers in the box or are likely to run with the ball, so that would only solve my pressing problem but not my issue with the ball in posession and it doesn't go well if the opponent doesn't counter. Dropping my Deep lying playmaker (MCL would limit his ability in giving through passes and my pressing games, I've tested and and it didn't satisfy me.

I'm playing with Real Madrid and the results are fine but I would like to take the level of football played to a higher level and I'm aiming for perfection

tactiekp.th.png

I've recently introduced a cover/stopper partnership in defence and find the stopper does get forward and break up attacks. I also play a DM - have you considered dropping one of your MCs back to this position?

Not sure about defenders getting forward more as I'm happy for them to sit back and let the DM do that job. I assume you've tried changing their PPMs to give them more forward runs, run with ball, etc.?

For the defenders advancing forward I've tried everything and I've read more about it not being possible, I mean if Ronaldo with full creative freedom still doesnt dribble as defender, noone will. I'm not using my defensive midfielder because I want the MCL (DLP) to be able to reach the strikers/wingers and I want the MCR (B2B) involved in attacking play. I guess the best option is to put high pressing on one of the defenders. I think the ME sees CB's as defenders and doesn't allow them to do anything different

Phil Jones of Man UTD had these PPM's when I took over :- Runs with ball through center and Gets forward whenever possible. These seemed to make him venture forward quite often so I had to un-teach them as it did not suit my style, I am with Kenco, I have them just sit and wait. So maybe you could get some of what you are looking for via those PPM's.

Archived