Keeps crashing on finding manager targets on editor database

SuperDan!

Hi, I'm creating a database, just thought I'd try it out, but when I start a new game with that nation playable, it gets to finding manager targets and it shuts down the game entirely. If I select it view only it loads fine, but changing it to playable makws the game close down. I was just wondering if others have encountered the same problem and if anyone knows how to fix it?

Cheers!

Try starting again from scratch.

If you give us some more detail on what you are making we might be able to spot something that would cause an error.

Some simple tips for creating databases:

Make a few simple changes at a time or if making a large change do as little as possible at once

Save the file frequently to a new version, eg [database name] v1.0, [database name] v1.1, [database name] v1.2 etc

Write down what major changes you make in each version: eg 'changed all player nationalities' or 'added top 10 rated teams to the league'

Test frequently, especially after a big or significant change such as adding a cup or a league. If you have to make a mini version of something first eg a league with 4 teams to test it works before adding the remaining teams.

Ensure you know what version to go back to if things go wrong.

When swapping teams try and use ones where they have no future or previous leagues set. If you have to manually transfer the settings to a team that does not before you do swap the team.

Archived