Is FM 2012 now as good as 2011 was after it's final patch?

Hi!

I've been playing FM 2011 for a long time now and I am very pleased with how the game is working after it's final patch. I was about to loose interest in the game after buying the game directly after it was released and getting frustrated with all the problems that occured in the beginning. But after the final patch was released I thought the game was excellent. The reason I still haven't bought FM 2012 is because I know it will probably be the same problems as last release.

So my question to you experienced gamers out there is if you think the game runs smoothly at the moment? Are you happy with it now and will there be anymore patches?

Would you recommend me to buy FM 2012 or should I stick with FM 2011? For me it's important that the game is "complete" and that there are no big problems?

I would be very grateful if I could get to know your opinions? I post it this forum because I believe here are the people with the most knowledge about the game.

P.s. I love reading all the interesting tactical discussions in this forum. I am a coach IRL here in Sweden and I am very impressed that there are so many people here with lots of insight into how football should be played. My favourite among many posters are Furiousuk and Cleon. Sfraser was another writer who I was very impressed of.

Thanks in advance,

Anders, Sweden

Yeah this should probably be in General but you've flattered us so it stays!!

That's not to say you wouldn't get more answers over in general though.

I'm still playin FM11 so I'm not really in a position to comment but I haven't heard of any 'bugs' or problems that would inhibit you from having a fantastic FM12 save. FM12 has more features than FM11 and I believe the graphics in the match engine are better so FM12 is, as you would expect, the better game. Some of the extra analysis options are pretty cool to look at if you like getting really in-depth with the hows and the whys of what your team is doing on the pitch. The motivation section has been fleshed out and has been generally well received, there's more integration with social media (better services for twitter and youtube) and the real clincher if you like a nice long save is the ability to set-up new leagues on-the-fly meaning that those with a modest computer setup can now travel the world.

I'd say buy it. There's one more important aspect noone will say. The game is better in memory allocation/resources usage.

BUT. BIG BUT. Isn't it a bit too late to buy it? Maybe better wait for next release if you can't stand without latest transfer changes.

Ok. I got enough information. Tomorrow i will buy FM 2012. I will start a new save with my beloved Chelsea. I have been fan since I was 7 years old in Sweden. I have since been following Chelsea every game they've played.

Thanks all for you're help. I am really looking forward to building a dynasty in the mould of Furiousuk and Sfraser.

Archived