FM12: FC Girondins de Bordeaux- Les Marine et Blanc (Finding the next Zidane)

Gene

FC Girondins de Bordeaux

504px-FC_Girondins_de_Bordeaux_logo.svg.png

CLUB HISTORY

Football Club des Girondins de Bordeaux; (commonly referred to as Girondins de Bordeaux or simply Bordeaux) is a French association football club based in the city of Bordeaux. The club currently play in Ligue 1, the first division of French football, and won its last Ligue 1 title in the 2008–09 season.

Bordeaux was founded in 1881 as a multi-sports club and is one of the most successful football clubs in France. The club has won six Ligue 1 titles, which places it tied for 4th in titles won. Bordeaux have also won three Coupe de France titles, three Coupe de la Ligue titles, and three Trophée des champions. The club has the honor of having appeared in the most finals in the Coupe de la Ligue having appeared in six of the 16 finals contested. Bordeaux plays its home games at the Stade Chaban Delmas, named after the former mayor of Bordeaux, Jacques Chaban-Delmas. The facility was previously known as the Parc Lescure and seats 34,362. The club is currently in negotiations to build a new stadium, which will seat 42,000. The city of Bordeaux is listed as a site for UEFA Euro 2016 in the France's bid to host.

Bordeaux is one of the most popular football clubs in France. About 10% of the country's population support the club. Bordeaux trail only Marseille (20% of the population), Lyon (11%), and Paris Saint-Germain (11%). The club has been wholly owned by the French television group M6 since 2001.

Beginnings

FC Girondins des Bordeaux was founded on 1 October 1881 initially as a gymnastics and shooting club. The club, chaired by André Chavois, later added sports such as rowing, equestrian, and swimming, among others. It was not until 1910 when football was officially introduced to the club following strong urging from several members within the club, most notably club president Raymond Brard, though it was only available on a trial basis. The experiment with football lasted only a year before returning almost a decade later in 1919. The club contested its first official match in 1920 defeating Section Burdigalienne 12–0.

Bordeaux achieved professional status in football on 2 July 1936, partly due to the club's merger with fellow Bordelais outfit Girondins Guyenne Sport, which resulted in the club that exists today. Bordeaux's rise to professionalism came about alongside the French Football Federation's plea to increase professionalism in French football, which prior to 1932, had been non-existent. The club was inserted into the second division of French football and made its debut appearance during the 1937–38 season. The club's first manager was Spaniard Benito Diaz. Diaz brought fellow Spanish players Santiago Urtizberea and Jaime Mancisidor to the team with the latter serving as captain. The club's most prominent Frenchmen on the team were homegrown attacker Henri Arnaudeau and goalkeeper André Gérard. Bordeaux played its first official match on 23 May 1937 defeating Rhône-Alpes-based FC Scionzier 2–1 at the Stade de Colombes. The club's first ever league match was contested on 22 August losing away to Toulouse 3–2. Bordeaux recorded its first league win against Nîmes Olympique. Unfortunately for the club, the team finished 6th in the Southern region of the division. Bordeaux's disappointing finish inserted the club into the relegation playoff portion of the league where the team finished a respectable 3rd. A year later, Bordeaux moved into its current home, the Stade Chaban-Delmas, which had previously been known as, simply Parc Lescure. The facility was built specifically for the 1938 FIFA World Cup and, following the competition's completion, was designated to Bordeaux. The club had formerly played its home matches at the Stade Galin, which today is used as a training ground.

Success and stability

On 15 October 1940, Bordeaux merged with local club AS Port and took on one of the club's most prestigious traditions, the scapular. Bordeaux ASP, which the club was now known, adorned the scapular during its run to the 1941 edition of the Coupe de France final. The match, played in occupied France at the Stade Municipal[disambiguation needed] in Saint-Ouen, saw Bordeaux defeat SC Fives 2–0 with Urtizberea netting both goals. The Coupe de France triumph was the club's first major honour. Following the liberation of France, Bordeaux returned to league play and earned promotion to the first division following its 2nd place finish during the 1948–49 season. After the season, André Gérard, now manager of the club, signed Dutchman Bertus de Harder. Led by the three-headed monster of de Harder, Édouard Kargu, and Camille Libar, Bordeaux captured its first-ever league championship, in just the club's first season in the first division, winning by six points over second place Lille. The league success led to Bordeaux being selected to participate in the second edition of the Latin Cup. In the competition, Bordeaux reached the final drawing 3–3 with Portuguese outfit Benfica. The draw forced a second match with Benfica claiming victory following an extra time goal after over two hours and 25 minutes of play.

Bordeaux maintained its title-winning aspirations finishing runner-ups to Nice two seasons after winning its first title. The club also performed well in cup competitions reaching the Coupe de France final in 1952 and 1955. In 1952, Bordeaux suffered defeat to the team it finished runner-up to the same year, Nice, following a thrilling match in which eight goals were scored with five of them coming in the first 40 minutes. Bordeaux drew the match at 3–3 following a 55th minute goal from Henri Baillot, but Nice countered minutes later with two goals in a span of four minutes to go up 5–3, which was the final result. In 1955, Bordeaux were trounced 5–2 by Lille who went up 4–0 within 35 minutes. The resulting struggles in the cup competitions led to struggles domestically with the club suffering relegation in the 1955–56 season. The club returned to the first division for the 1959–60 season, but failed to make an impact falling back to Ligue 2 after finishing dead last in the standings with 21 points.

Bordeaux returned to its former selves in the 1960s under new manager and former player Salvador Artigas. Under the helm of Artigas, Bordeaux returned to the first division and finished in a respectable 4th place for the 1962–63 season. The following season, Bordeaux returned to the Coupe de France final where the club faced off against Olympique Lyonnais. Bordeaux, once again, were defeated 2–0 courtesy of two goals from the Argentine Nestor Combin. The club's runner-up finish resulted in the team qualifying for the 1964–65 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. The appearance was brief with the club losing 4–3 on aggregate to German club Borussia Dortmund. Four seasons later, Bordeaux again reached the final of the Coupe de France; the club's seventh appearance overall. The team faced Saint-Étienne and, again failed to match the achievement reached in 1941 losing 2–1. The following season, Bordeaux earned another appearance in the final, but again, failed to win the trophy losing 2–0 to Marseille. The team suffered an extreme decline during the 1970s, despite to arrival of Alain Giresse. The club played under seven different managers during the decade and consistently finished at the bottom half of the table. In 1979, the club was sold to the influential and ambitious real estate mogul Claude Bez, who positioned himself as president of the club.

In the summer of 1983 Girondins de Bordeaux organized a centenary tournament. Bordeaux won a 2–0 victory over FC Barcelona in the semi-finals of this tournament. In the centenary tournament final the club was defeated by VfB Stuttgart.

Return to prominence

Under the helm of Claude Bez, who injected millions into the club, Bordeaux flourished winning three league championships, two Coupe de France titles, and also performed well in European competitions. During Bez's run presiding over the team, he recruited several French internationals such as Bernard Lacombe, Jean Tigana, René Girard, Jean-Christophe Thouvenel, and Thierry Tusseau. Bez also brought in established manager Aimé Jacquet. Led by 1970s mainstays Giresse and Gernot Rohr, Bordeaux captured its first league championship since 1950 in the 1983–84 season finishing equal on points with Monaco, however, due to having a better head-to-head record, Bordeaux were declared champions. The next season, Bordeaux again won the league claiming the title by four points over second place Nantes. In Europe, Bordeaux played in the 1984–85 European Cup and reached the semi-finals, defeating Spanish club Athletic Bilbao, Romanian club Dinamo Bucureşti, and Soviet outfit Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk before losing to Italian club Juventus. In the Coupe de France, Bordeaux finally achieved cup glory defeating Marseille 2–1 in the 1986 edition of the final with Tigana and Giresse recording both goals. The Coupe de France trophy was the club's first after over eight agonizing tries and its first since 1941. The following season, the club responded by winning the cup again. In a re-match with Marseille, Bordeaux won its second consecutive cup courtesy of goals from Philippe Fargeon and Zlatko Vujovic. Bordeaux capped off the decade during the 1986–87 season by winning its fourth league title.

STADIUM

Stade Chaban-Delmas

800px-Panorama_Chaban-Delmas.jpg

Stade Chaban-Delmas is a sporting stadium located in the city of Bordeaux, France. It is the home ground of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Until 2001, the stadium's name was the Stade du Parc Lescure. That year it was renamed after politician Jacques Chaban-Delmas, who was the mayor of Bordeaux from 1947 to 1995.

First built in 1930 as a cycle-racing track, in 1935 it was reconfigured to accommodate the upcoming 1938 Football World Cup. It was the first stadium in the world to have stands entirely covered without any pillars obstructing visibility of the playing area. Classified as a historic building, its restoration has been difficult, as its roof does not cover seats built after 1984 on the old cycle track.

The current seating capacity of the stadium is 34,462, following a series of expansions of the stands, in particular for the 1998 FIFA World Cup. A record 40,211 spectators were in attendance on 24 April 1985 to watch a match between Girondins de Bordeaux and Juventus. In preparation of several matches that were held here for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, two giant television screens measuring 37 m² were installed.

The tunnel connecting the locker rooms of the players to the ground is the longest in Europe (close to 120 meters).

On 19 July 2011, the club announced plans to construct a new stadium, located in Bordeaux-Lac. The seating capacity will be 43,500 for sporting events, and construction will begin at the end of the 2011-2012 season.

Grande Stade du Lac?

nouveaustade_07b.jpg

The Club

Screenshot2012-07-19at124715AM.png

Screenshot2012-07-19at124735AM.png

Honours

Domestic

Ligue 1

Champions (6): 1949–50, 1983–84, 1984–85, 1986–87, 1998–99, 2008–09

Ligue 2

Champions (1): 1991–92

Championnat National

Champions (3): 1937, 1944, 1953

Coupe de France

Champions (3): 1941, 1986, 1987

Runners-Up (6): 1943, 1952, 1955, 1964, 1968, 1959

Coupe de la Ligue

Champions (3): 2002, 2007, 2009

Runners-Up (3): 1997, 1998, 2010

Trophée des champions

Champions (3): 1986, 2008, 2009

Runners-Up (3): 1968, 1985, 1999

Coupe Charles Drago

Runners-Up (1): 1965

Europe

Latin Cup

Runners-Up (1): 1950

Coppa delle Alpi

Champions (1): 1980

Runners-Up (1): 1972

UEFA Cup

Runners-Up (1): 1995–96

UEFA Intertoto Cup

Winners (1): 1995

Facilities

Screenshot2012-07-19at124750AM.png

Budget

Screenshot2012-07-19at125058AM.png

For anyone looking to play a save as Bordeaux, or any club in France for that matter, I would highly suggest loading players from all the top clubs in Africa. All nations in Africa except Libya and Egypt count as EU players.

Squad Analysis

11.jpg

Goalkeepers

Cedric Carrasso

Kevin Olimpa

Abdoulaye Keita

Carrasso is your obvious number 1, he's just coming into his prime and you'll be set for the next few years. Olimpa and Keita are average at best, but will do well in a pinch. You could look for a young up and coming keeper but as long as Carrasso stays healthy it's not a pressing matter.

Fullbacks

Mathieu Chalme

Florian Marange

Mariano

Benoit Tremoulinas

Mariano and Tremoulinas will be your starters. Mariano's contract runs out at the end of the season so you may want to look at getting him a new deal as soon as possible. Chalme is dependable to fill in when need be, as is Marange, but you may want to look at some better options as you advance over the next few years.

Centerbacks

Marc Planus

Lamine Sane

Henrique

Micahel Ciani

Planus will miss the first 2 months of the season, but for the most part you're pretty set here. Sane develops well and Ciani is a solid centerback for Ligue 1. Henrique can do the job as well if need be. Sane has the added bonus of having enormous pace for a centerback and has the ability to play out on the right as well.

Midfield

Landry N'Guemo

Fahid Ben Khalfallah

Jaroslav Plasil

Jussie

Gregory Sertic

Ludovic Obraniak

Abdou Traore

Nicolas Maurice-Belay

Henri Saivet

Plasil, Obraniak, and Jussie are the best you've got. You're going to have to look at bringing in a ball winner to add to this group as the majority are all wingers and/or attack minded players. Unfortunately Saivet hasn't fulfilled the promise he had on earlier versions of FM.

Strikers

Yoan Gouffran

David Bellion

Cheick Diabate

Emiliano Sala

Bellion will miss the first month or so, but you're not missing much. Gouffran is probably more suited to playing out wide than leading the line, although a poacher role may suit him. Diabate is an obvious target man but lacks ability. Sala is touted by your staff as a possible star but I have a tough time seeing it. Upgrading this area will a priority.

Youth Team

While possessing a solid youth setup, you won't find anyone worth spending a lot of time on. Centerbacks Pierre Laborde and Robin Lebourg are touted as possibly reaching the same level as Ciani, but need a lot of work.

2011-2012 Season Review

The season went surprisingly well. With no money to spend, I decided to move Plasil who had been attracting a lot of interest. Reinvested in Kara, Verratti and Andre Senghor from Baniyas SC in the UAE. I brought in Diarra to help out in the midfield. Shortly after the window closed the club tells me that due to our improved financial situation they're giving me another 6 million to spend. Managed to grab Niang from Caen, after they initially refused to sell. He wanted to leave and they offered him out for just shy of 4 million, so I jumped on it. Unfortunately I'm losing Mariano to Malaga. His wage demands were too much for me.

Screenshot2012-07-22at125307AM.png

We finished on 70 points tying with 4 other clubs. Thankfully we were the most prolific club in the league and our GD put us in 2nd.

Screenshot2012-07-22at125248AM.png

My scouts in Africa are starting to find some real gems...

Screenshot2012-07-22at125339AM.png

The budget for our second season is tentatively set at 6.5 million.

Nice thread. Coincidentally the day before you made this thread I started a save with Bordeaux. Gouffran has been playing well in pre season and first few league matches as a DLF. I found there was a lack of central midfielders so I brought in Pogba who has turned out to be quite good.

Nice thread. Coincidentally the day before you made this thread I started a save with Bordeaux. Gouffran has been playing well in pre season and first few league matches as a DLF. I found there was a lack of central midfielders so I brought in Pogba who has turned out to be quite good.

Gouffran hasn't really developed at all for me, which is disappointing. He plays well enough, just hasn't developed. I wish I would've thought of Pogba last season. I was looking for a young French midfielder and kept drawing a blank. Then again he plays for United so that probably has a lot to do with it. Let me know how you get on.

Start of the 2012-2013 Season

Season has started off well. Sitting in second with 5 matches played. Niang seems to really be coming into his own which is a boon. I'm trying to not run the club into financial ruin so I only spent basically what I brought in from player sales.

Screenshot2012-07-24at24250PM.png

I paid a little more for Ismail Aissati than I wanted to, especially considering I could've picked up Coutinho on a free. (Who is essentially the same player but younger.)

Drew a tough Champions League group; Man United, Werder Bremen, and Dinamo Bucharest. If I can get a result at home against Bremen I may be able to nab enough points to move on, but realistically expecting a foray into the Europa League.

Who do you buy as ball winning midfielder?

In the first season I bought Kara and grabbed Mahamadou Diarra on free. Season two you'll get Grzegorz Krychowiak back from his loan spell, and he's more than capable to play as a ball winner in Ligue 1. I wanted to move Kara to CB full time so I also signed Guirane N'Daw on a free and he's been a revelation.

The typical French DMs (M'Villa, Sissoko...) are all too expensive so you'll have to get creative. You also have to realize that you can't really spend more than about 15-21k a week on any one player or your wage budget gets all out of whack. And that's IF you've got some pretty cheap backup options.

Luckily no one has started to try to come in a poach any players, but I'm waiting for it. I can't offer the wages most other clubs can (I can't even compete with the OL, OM, and PSG in France, let alone the clubs from England, Spain, and Italy), and so I'll have to be smart about selling players and recouping money. But that just adds another element to enjoy.

What formation are you using Gene? I'm in a dilemma with 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM or 4-2-3-1 with 2 MCs

Thanks for your tips regarding load up clubs from Africa :D Found some cheap ones :)

I had a brief save with Bordeaux, but I played...

----------------GK-------------------

--------CB-----CB------CB----------

WB------------------------------WB

------------CM----CM---------------

AMR----------------------------AML

----------------ST-------------------

Worked pretty well, I was sitting at the top of the table with them.

What formation are you using Gene? I'm in a dilemma with 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM or 4-2-3-1 with 2 MCs

Thanks for your tips regarding load up clubs from Africa :D Found some cheap ones :)

I think either would be suited for Bordeaux, although if you go with 2 DMs you'd have to bring in a few as the club is short on DMs at the start.

I'm actually playing a 4-2-3-1 with my two wingers playing as Inside Forwards so it's more like a 4-3-3. I've also started using a 4-2-2-2 as well now that I've gotten in a few more decent strikers.

I'm currently playing a 4-5-1 with control and it's working quite well.

I haven't been able to get into a save ever since the January update but it seems I've finally found a good save as I'm in January and enjoying it. I should have a season review done in a few days if I'm not busy.

I'm currently playing a 4-5-1 with control and it's working quite well.

I haven't been able to get into a save ever since the January update but it seems I've finally found a good save as I'm in January and enjoying it. I should have a season review done in a few days if I'm not busy.

Looking forward to hearing how your season goes and what signings you've made other than Pogba.

I'll post my mid season update soon, complete with a shock signing.

2011/12 End of Season Review & 2012/13 preview

This is my first ever season review so please take that into consideration.

So I had an interesting first year where I hovered around 3rd and 4th but ultimately finished 4th. Went to the last day, Lyon lost their match and had I won mine I would be in the Champions League. I also reached the final of the Coupe de France where I lost to Boulogne 1-0. I went out of the Coupe de la Ligue in the 3rd round against Sedan. They eventually went on to the final losing to Rennes but beating Marsielle and Lille on the way!

Here is the end of season table - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00001-1.jpg

It was a battle between Marsielle and Lille the whole season but Marsielle were always going to win it. Something strange was Ancelotti getting sacked and the Lille manager leaving his team to go join PSG even though Lille were doing much better. The teams promoted for the new season to Ligue 1 are Monaco, Sedan and Lens. I had a very solid defence which resulted in me conceding the 2nd least goals behind Marsielle. My problem was scoring though, Gouffran was pretty terrible for the majority of the season then started scoring too late and too little. I made a semi-panic buy in Vossen who went on a ten hour goal drought but then scored in the 119th minute against Toulouse our arch rivals to win the game. Strange.

My current squad - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00002.jpg

Carasso was immense last season so he retains his spot. Mariano was good enough, Ciani was voted supporters player of the season, Planus was inconsistent getting sent off a few times and giving away 1 or 2 penalties. Tremoulinas was very inconsistent mostly being shocking defending towards the end of the season, he scored several own goals and gave away penalties. N'Guemo did the job, Plasil really didn't add anything substantial to the team, Obraniak was a good/solid performer all season scoring crucial goals. Maurice-Belay was top assister but was crap beginning of the season until I told him to pick it up. The same goes for Gouffran. AMR was a mixture of Obraniak, Saivet and Ben Khalfallah until Cuenca came in and rotated with just Saivet.

I am very happy with my current squad, my XI is now something like this:

GK: Carasso, Keita

DR: Mariano, Chalme

DC: either Planus, Caulker or Sane (still in preseason so whoever impresses)

DC: Ciani

DL: Tremoulinas or maybe even Koppers if he outperforms Tremmy

DMC: Ndinga, N'Guemo, dos Santos

MC: Plasil, Bacinovic, dos Santos

MC: Obraniak, Sertic, dos Santos

AMR: Cuenca, Saivet, Obraniak (still looking to bring in a top AMR)

AML: Maurice-Belay, Obraniak, Saivet, Cuenca

*I don't know what to do with Salif Sane, I may give him a shot but he will likely be sold. On a sidenote, Lamine Sane was immense until he got a 4 month injury which ruled him out for the season.

First year transfers - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00003.jpg

The incomings: Pogba was good at first scoring vital goals then became average to in-effective. In January I signed Vossen (more about him above). Cuenca was quite good and probably was my first choice at AMR. dos Santos very capably stepped up when Plasil was out of 2 months or so. Chalobah didn't really play but was quite good when he did play starting only 2 or 3 matches. Willian Henrique was ineligible as he had already played for 2 other clubs in the year - he has good potential though and at 300k I thought I'd give him a punt.

The outgoings: Henrique became annoyed at lack of game time so I sold him. Jussie was quite good but wouldn't get game time with my new additions so I loaned him. The rest just didn't perform/lack of potential.

Second year transfers - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00004.jpg

Zaragoza starlet 17 year old Joel Valenica for 1.5 mil is a transfer I am very happy with, definitely one for the future with his 4.5 star PA. Bacinovic I picked up from Palermo who were relegated (Fiorentina were also relegated, I thought about picking up Jovetic but didn't want to cripple my finances). Ndinga was just the sort of DM I was looking for. Caulker on a loan to provide quality back up for DC. Koppers (regen, screenshot below) I've got great hopes for, attributes are all in the right places and he has a bright future. Anyone who I sold or loaned just doesn't have a future at the club.

Finances after all transfers (current) - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00005.jpg

I also found a regen left back at Ajax, already 19 with 2 star current with 4.5 potential - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/Punjaboom/2012-07-26_00006.jpg

I've got a feeling this review is all over the place but if anyone has any constructive criticism I am very open on how to make my future reviews better.

Nice season there. I gave a look to Vossen as well, but in the end thought he was being overvalued by Genk since they weren't accepting anything less than 4 million.

Bacinovic is a nice pickup, and your regen looks like a potential star. Not sure about how they've done on your save, but OM and OL improve quite a bit in the second season so it's still quite a challenge.

My squad looks like this at the moment:

G: Carrasso

RB: Mariano

CB: Planus, Ciani

LB: Tremoulinas

DM: Ramoa/N'Guemo

CM: Plasil/Yttegard Jensen

AMR: Traore

AMC:Bernard

AML: Obraniak

ST: Niang/Modeste

I'm currently second with 15 points, two behind Lyon. In away games I normally play well, but at home I often draw against weaker teams and it seems that I can't control games at home

2012/2013 Mid-season Review

Current Table- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at65226PM.png

We're not where we want to be, mainly because we draw too many matches. Scoring isn't a problem, it's the fact that we seem to leak goals late in games at the worst time. Toulouse is surprising everyone. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up. I'm still alive in both cup competitions as well.

I've spent a lot of time trying to find a new midfielder, a new right winger, and a new leftback, but I've had no luck. I've got the money to spend but I'm not willing to overpay. On a side note, the board have upgraded our youth facilities (state of the art), and have increased our junior coaching (excellent).

Champions League- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at70336PM.png

Our foray into the Champions League went better than expected. We lost to Bremen and United, but a victory against United at the Stade Chaban-Delmas ensured we'd advance to the first knockout round. We drew Bayern Munich, who I fully expect will end our Champions League Campaign.

Mid-Season Transfers

Still trying to get a few deals done before the end of January. I'm trying to get Enzo Reale from Lyon, who have agreed to sell Reale to me for 2 million. Unfortunately he's not willing to talk to me, and instead it looks like he's just going to waste his career at OL. Michael Ciani, will be leaving the club at the end of the season. I really wanted to keep him, but he wanted more than I was willing to pay for a backup, so instead he's accepted an offer to leave for OM.

James Rodriguez- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at71750PM.png

I tried bringing him over the summer once I saw Porto had transfer listed him, but they wanted close to 5 million for him. I talked them down to 4 million, but then his contract demands put him beyond me. Jan 1st comes around and I sell he's still listed but now they're asking 2.2 million. I talk them down to 1.9 million and go into talks with him and find that his contract demands are MUCH lower. He'll play on the left wing and Obraniak will move to the right.

Jefferey L'Ami- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at65503PM.png

My scouts alerted me to L'Ami playing at Feyenoord. Took a look at him and thought he was the answer to my right wing problem. He also has the ability to play up front and on left. Big things are expected from him, even though he only cost 1.5 million.

Jere Leino- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at65618PM.png

Another player my scouts brought to my attention. My youth team is seriously lacking central defenders so I brought this kid in to see how he develops.

Martin Rufai- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at65713PM.png

I actually brought him in from Enyimba in Nigeria at the beginning of the season, but I just started really playing him and he's making Niang look really bad. A well spent 100k.

Finances- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-26at65413PM.png

Finances are looking good after the upgrades to the facilities and a net transfer spend of 4 million. Also expecting a bit of a windfall from Champions League income at the end of the season.

Lyon sold Michel Bastos and Jimmy Briand for a combined total of around £30 mil. They then reinvested in a couple of average players and a MR called Gusev who is 29 for £10.25 mil, waste of money in my opinion. But this summer then bought Lewandowski and Odjidja for £16 mil, nice signings there.

Marsielle on the other hand had neglible ins and outs first season but this season have bought Marvin Martin and Jose Sosa for around £27 mil, they also brought in Daniel Pranjic on a free, some nice signings there.

Lille bought Andre Santos for £11 mil and John Mensah for £5 mil.

PSG bought Eboue, Vela and Tiote. They also bought Afellay first season.

Should be an exciting season with all the teams strenghthening, I'm quite happy with my signings and I think I could mount a title challenge if Vossen scores consistently.

James Rodriguez is a terrific signing, especially at the price you got him. Well done. Looks like you've picked up some good regens there. Have you set up a good scouting team yet, if so where are they looking at? I've just finished assembling a quality scouting team which should start finding jems this season.

Your finances should be great with all the Champions League money at the end of the season. I've just got my board to agree on a youth facilities improvement, will be finished October 2013. My junior coaching has only been improved to 'good'

I ve had my longest save on FM12 in France, with Auxerre, 2016-17 and I just completed the quad triple including Champions league, first 3 seasons OM and Lyon were the biggest teams, however Bordeaux without the AI spending money have become my biggest challengers with home-grown talent.... As I have with Auxerre, otherwise I would deffo start a game with Bordeaux, The French ligue is awesome, loads of good youngsters, easy to move up the cost-efficient and pretty much after 2 seasons anyone could challenge.

P.s. Good thread.

Lyon sold Michel Bastos and Jimmy Briand for a combined total of around £30 mil. They then reinvested in a couple of average players and a MR called Gusev who is 29 for £10.25 mil, waste of money in my opinion. But this summer then bought Lewandowski and Odjidja for £16 mil, nice signings there.

Marsielle on the other hand had neglible ins and outs first season but this season have bought Marvin Martin and Jose Sosa for around £27 mil, they also brought in Daniel Pranjic on a free, some nice signings there.

Lille bought Andre Santos for £11 mil and John Mensah for £5 mil.

PSG bought Eboue, Vela and Tiote. They also bought Afellay first season.

Should be an exciting season with all the teams strenghthening, I'm quite happy with my signings and I think I could mount a title challenge if Vossen scores consistently.

James Rodriguez is a terrific signing, especially at the price you got him. Well done. Looks like you've picked up some good regens there. Have you set up a good scouting team yet, if so where are they looking at? I've just finished assembling a quality scouting team which should start finding jems this season.

Your finances should be great with all the Champions League money at the end of the season. I've just got my board to agree on a youth facilities improvement, will be finished October 2013. My junior coaching has only been improved to 'good'

Yeah I've got 13 scouts all out everywhere scouting, most of my focus is on Africa though.

So I decided to sell Gouffran as he was in the last year of his contract and was looking at Guidetti as a replacement on loan. I play my first match against Nancy and lose 1-0, second match is against Marsielle and I surprisingly win 2-1. All well and good until the post match messages - Vossen out for 4 months and my backup striker Willian Henrique out for 4-5 weeks. I am about to confirm Guidetti and I could make do with him and Henrique until Vossen comes back, but I doubt they will be good enough for me to challenge the top. I'm now looking at Abel Hernandez who has requested a transfer and is available for £7.75m; problem is that Juventus are in negotiations with him and he's just come back from a 5 month injury so I have no idea how he will do. My alternate option is Mirallas who is available for £4.4m but has major interest from a host of top clubs. I'm leaning towards Mirallas as he's cheaper and could solve my AMR problem I've been having once Vossen comes back.

Oh right, I don't have the African players loaded up so I'm just scouting France, Belgium, Brazil and Argentina.

4 months? Ouch.

I wanted to sell Gouffran since I had no intention if resigning him, but no one wanted him. Mirallas seems like a solid choice. I'd be really leary about spending so much on Hernandez, but that's me.

In the last few day of the Jan transfer window, I brought in Paul Pogba on loan. I'll give him a go and see if maybe he can help out in the middle. If he does the job I'll look at making the move permanent.

Yeah decided against Hernandez because of the price and previous injury. Just my luck that when I bid for Mirallas they lift the 4.4m asking price because he is no longer transfer requested. Looks like Guidetti and Willian Henrique will have to do!

Good luck in the final

2012/13 End of Season Review & 2013/14 preview (I'm stealing your format punjaboom)

The year went really well. From matchday one we were scoring goals at a blistering pace, but our penchant for leaking goals at the worst moments meant we were drawing too many games. Sometime around December (when we were sitting in 6th), we got it sorted and went on a run of 2 months without losing a match going 9-2-0 from the middle of December to the first of March. Long story short, we ran away with the league, winning it with 4 matches in hand. We won a plethora of awards, capped of by me winning Manager of the Year, with Niang finishing as the Ligue 1 top scorer as an 18 year old. PSG once again had a terrible season.

Our Champions League run was a good one as well. We managed to finish second in our group of United, Bremen, and Dinamo Bucharest, and from there drew Bayern in the first knockout round. We were knocked out by Bayern but we kept it respectable losing 4-2 on agg. (Real Madrid defeated AC Milan 2-1 in the final)

On the domestic cup front, we managed to bring home the Coupe de la Ligue by defeating OM in the final, 2-0. We lost in the semis of the Coupe de France to OL 0-2, OL went on to win the final by a score of 2-1 over Nantes.

Final 2012-2013 table- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at12813PM.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012-2013 Transfers -http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at13325PM.png

I once again was looking for the best value for my money and refused to spend big. However, I did spend 7 million on Olivier Giroud. He came out and said he wanted to leave Montpellier and OL quickly jumped and had an offer accepted. I had a feeling that I just couldn't let the bigger French clubs continue to outpace me talent wise, so I made an offer and actually got him on relatively low wages, 39k a week. He's a better version of Senghor and 2 years younger, not to mention he's French. As soon as I brought in Giroud had to move Senghor who was snapped up by Montpellier. In the end it was more or less a swap deal with 3 million moving Montpellier's way. Lacking depth at CM I had a transfer bid accepted by Chelsea for Mikel. (4.5 million) Went into contract talks with him and saw that he was only requesting just 50k, and thought I'd be able to swing it. Unfortunately I couldn't match his loyalty and agent fee, so I offered what I could, and his agent counters with a salary of 100K! Needless to say, Mikel won't be signing for me.

Digne gives me backup at leftback which I've been searching for with the ability to get develop. I also raided Chelsea bring in de Bruyne and Kakuta on loan. I'll be looking to keep Kakuta on permanently. The players I'm really excited about are Herman Wennberg and Emmanuel Fontaine.

Herman Wennberg- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at51932PM.png

When my scouts first brought Wennberg to my attention I thought, "He reminds me of a young Ibra." He's got the size, the technique, and the flair. The big difference is his determination. I checked his information file and saw that the media have dubbed him the new Ibrahimovic. Apparently I've got an eye for these things.

Emmanuel Fontaine- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at51945PM.png

Fontaine was playing for Anderlecht when my scouts found him. I took a look and immediately thought he was the answer to my CM problem. I really think he could develop into a player along the lines of Steven Gerrard or Bastian Schweinsteiger. One can hope.

Finances after all transfers (current) - http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at12739PM.png

My current squad - http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...7-26_00002.jpg

I'll be switching between a 4-2-2-2 and a 4-2-3-1 (which is really a 4-3-3) throughout the year. I'm happy with the squad, the only change I'd look at making would be to bring in a star DM. I've been trailing Belhanda, so if a deal on the cheap can be arranged I may look at bringing him in.

GK: Carasso http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73844PM.png

DR: Koffi http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73912PM.png

DC: Kara http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73935PM.png

DC: Sane http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73925PM.png

DL: Tremoulinas http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73900PM.png

MC: Verratti http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74009PM.png

MC: Krychowiak http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at73956PM.png

AMR: Kakuta http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74054PM.png

AML: Rodriguez http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74025PM.png

AMC: Aissati http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74037PM.png

ST: Niang http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74109PM.png

ST: Giorud http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-07-28at74121PM.png

Wow congratulations on winning the league, good achievement. Bayern are very tough, I got smacked by them on my Villarreal network game so I can imagine the challenge of taking them on as Bordeaux. Your first 11 looks very good, Sane is just a tank for me. Well, at least he was last season, I'm still very early in my second season but he's got a starting spot down despite his lengthy injury last season.

Out of all the regens you have, which ones are from the Bordeaux academy and not bought in? Basically, is your youth academy producing and good players itself?

It's strange how bad PSG are, I'm in September and PSG is 14th and last season they finished 14th as well.

Sometimes I don't understand this game, Oscar has just handed in a transfer request in my game and his club have set an asking price of £8.5 million. Despite this, they offered him to me for around £20 million, I rejected then offered the 8.5, they rejected. Oscar is unhappy that they are not allowing him to talk to me; I'm taking advantage and praising him. Hopefully I can get him for even cheaper, whatever I get him on will be a real coup for the club. Will definitely solve my AMR problem once and for all, I'll probably move on Saivet if the deal goes through. Nothing is happening as it stands though.

Oh yeah. The academy is producing its fair share of talent. Guilbaud, Albertini, Aguerre, Hassan, Karanja, and Simon are all products of the Bordeaux academy.

PSG are really strange. They've gone through 3 different managers and they're buying players that they don't need or aren't good enoug to replace what they already have. I mean despite having all the funds they do, they've signed players like Mark Bresciano and Toto Tamuz. They also paid 8.5 million for Pablo Aimar who retired the very next season.

You're completely right about Sane. He plays above his ability if you ask me. This season he's gone mental and has been receiving cards left and right.

Oscar would be a great signing. I think a lot of times clubs list players because they want to leave, but the club doesn't want to sell so they demand a massive fee. At least that my impression. Be careful moving forward with wages. What season are you in?

I'm only in my second season in October, strangely Valenciennes is top of the league after 10 matches. Their striker Pujol has been on fire scoring 9 goals in as many matches.

When Vossen got injured for 4 months I feared the worst but Guidetti and Willian Henrique have been more than adequate backups. Guidetti with 5 goals and 2 assists in 7(2) appearances and Willian Henrique with 3 goals and 1 assists in 3(3) appearances. Cuenca seems to have really solved the AMR problem, he's been scoring crucial goals and has 3 goals and 3 assists.

I'm careful with wages, my highest paid player is Carasso on 33k a week while everyone else is on 22k or less. I'll only go for Oscar if I can get him for the 8.5 million asking price, definitely won't pay the 20 million they want. I still don't understand him, he got taken off transfer list then put back on with the same asking price of 8.5 million, yet I offer it and then they say they want 20 million. They should just make the asking price 20 million.

Planus has become amazing recently, I've changed my formation and now have Ciani on stopper and Planus on cover. Very effective.

I'm mid-December and I've just hit a terrible run of form, I don't know what is wrong with my team. Every tactic I use just won't work, I'm sitting in 10th place 7 points behind leaders Marsielle and 4 points behind 3rd, the league is really tight even after 18 games. I think with the right signings in January I could turn everything around, I'm always optimistic.

After tapping up Oscar for a good half season, he finally wanted a new challenge and then Porto became interested out of nowhere. Even though Oscar wanted to impress me with his performances and all of that, he still signed for Porto. I even offered him 35k per week and was going to pay 10m for his transfer fee, I really wanted to sign a top top quality player. If it wasn't for Porto I would definitely have him, at probably at only 7m as well.

Anyways, I have made one signing, James Rodriguez. I don't mean to copy you Gene haha, it's just that I've never bought him and I was offered him for 2.5m which I couldn't resist. Maurice-Belay will be on his way out with this signing. I'm looking to sell Plasil and have already transfer listed him, to put it nicely, he's been crap. I want to give more play time to Sertic and dos Santos.

I'm mid-December and I've just hit a terrible run of form, I don't know what is wrong with my team. Every tactic I use just won't work, I'm sitting in 10th place 7 points behind leaders Marsielle and 4 points behind 3rd, the league is really tight even after 18 games. I think with the right signings in January I could turn everything around, I'm always optimistic.

After tapping up Oscar for a good half season, he finally wanted a new challenge and then Porto became interested out of nowhere. Even though Oscar wanted to impress me with his performances and all of that, he still signed for Porto. I even offered him 35k per week and was going to pay 10m for his transfer fee, I really wanted to sign a top top quality player. If it wasn't for Porto I would definitely have him, at probably at only 7m as well.

Anyways, I have made one signing, James Rodriguez. I don't mean to copy you Gene haha, it's just that I've never bought him and I was offered him for 2.5m which I couldn't resist. Maurice-Belay will be on his way out with this signing. I'm looking to sell Plasil and have already transfer listed him, to put it nicely, he's been crap. I want to give more play time to Sertic and dos Santos.

Haha, you'll enjoy Rodriguez. He's been immense for me out on the left wing. It's a shame you missed out on Oscar, I guess Porto could be considered a bigger club than Bordeaux though.

Maurice-Belay has done nothing but rot away in the reserves for me. He was injured at the start, then he never really got a chance and refused to leave the club. After hearing about your issues with Plasil I'm really glad I sold him at the start for money.

I'm in the last month of my season with a huge update expected soon...

Yeah I'm in the last two months of my second season, been quite a quite boring season but starting to have an exciting end to it. I've been between 8th and 10th all season but have suddenly got up to 5th and am very close to the Champions League spots with 8 games to go. With a bit of luck I may be able to challenge for the title but I doubt it as Marsielle are already 9 points ahead with only the 8 games left. I should have an update on either Saturday or Sunday.

Look forward to reading your update Gene.

2013/14 End of Season Review & 2014/15 preview

The 2013/2014 season will go down as the greatest season in Bordeaux's long history. It was a long and very competitive season with OL and OM both matching us point for point all the way to the end. We won the league but it was left until the last week of the season, with Bordeaux and OL tied on points. We won our final match against Montpellier 3-1, while OL only managed a draw in their final match. As a team we were phenomenal, with Olivier Giroud leading the way. Giroud had a rough start to the season before finally settling in and leading the line.

On the domestic cup front we walked away with with both the Coupe de la Ligue, the Coupe de France, and the Trophee des Champions.

Our Champions League campaign didn't go so well as we were knocked out in the group stages and relegated to the Europa League. Things went well enough in the Europa League where we defeated Sporting, Sevilla, and Basel before running into Juventus. The first leg was played in Italy where we were crushed 3-0. I fully expected to be trounced again on the return leg, but threw all caution into the wind and went for it. The match finished 3-0 before going to extra time where we found another goal and made the Europa League finals against Zenit. In the finals we completely thrashed Zenit 3-1 to win my first Europa League title dating back to my FM debut in 2006.

So if you're keeping tally, that's 5 trophies in the last year.

Final 2013-2014 table- http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at15227PM.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014-2015 Transfers -http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at15822PM.png

Despite being given just over 30 million to spend, I decided to once again refuse to over spend for players. I managed to get Kakuta from Chelsea for rather cheap after having him on loan all last season. I was kind of sad to see Tremoulinas go but he wasn't willing to sign a new contract that was within reason. I was really thrilled to sign Matt Morgan from Southampton, he's only 17 but looks like he could be my first choice leftback by the time he turns 19. I'm really trying to bring our youth players through this season rather than simply buying players.

Unfortunately my bright young striker Martin Rufai has requested a transfer because he's not getting enough playing time. He's clearly a backup to Giroud and Niang so he may have to be shipped out since I can't offer him the time he seems to want.

Finances after all transfers (current) -http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at15855PM.png

My current squad

GK: Carasso http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20350PM.png

DR: Koffi http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at32522PM.png

DC: Kara http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20418PM.png

DC: Sane http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20405PM.png

DL: Digne http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20450PM.png

MC: Verratti http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20524PM.png

MC: Krychowiak http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20511PM.png

AMR: Kakuta http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20707PM.png

AML: Rodriguez http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20541PM.png

AMC: Aissati http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20720PM.png

ST: Giorud http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/heelswxman/Screenshot2012-08-05at20740PM.png

We've moved into our new stadium and the board has elected to improve our youth and training setup. They've also raised our junior coaching to an exceptional level, but still continue to shoot down all efforts to improve our youth recruitment.

Wow amazing season there Gene, serious well done. It seems we have much different play styles, yours with minimal spending and mine with the 'go big or go home' attitude. You'll see in my season review just how different I do things, I'll write it up now and finish it within 5 or 10 minutes.

2012/13 End of Season Review

Competition Performances

Ligue 1: I hovered around 8th for the majority of the season with a brief stint in second after 13 matches or so. At around the 25th round of matches I had endured enough of the mid-table obscurity and so I decided to make some big tactical changes and have a team meeting with private chats with individual under performing players. After this I steadily made my way up the table beating some of my competitors for the Champions League places. In the end I finished 2nd which I was very happy with considering how most of my season had been. Keep in mind Vossen got injured for 4 months at the start of my season so I had to make do with Guidetti and Willian Henrique who was decent at best. I should have won the league to be honest as Marsielle dropped a lot of points at the end of the season as they played tough teams, I ended up finishing only 4 points behind them. Just something I thought I'd add in was that Lille did pretty much the opposite of me, they were in the top 2 for the majority of the season but ended up finishing 10th after a horrid run towards the end of the season. As you can see in the table link below, PSG are finally becoming better (still pretty bad though).

Bordeaux's positions throughout the 38 matches: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883519679/0493329D6B8A9B050A042602119469BB66EE9BBD/

Lille's positions through the 38 matches: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883507123/9AA0AFDC878700E75D1239F20343F5317169D3CE/

End of season table: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883478713/5BC553634A9255F3BF3D522818D0E56AB3777BB5/

Season results page 1: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883482973/BD52485DEFED6D9B7278C8FC8AEE8B6F287D9CC3/

Season results page 2: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883499728/AE50078D4C6D0A201CBC0A00E795FBB1C823B9F6/

Europa League: I got through the group stages with ease and got to the 2nd knockout round where I fell to PSV. I'm really dissapointed about my loss to them as I drew the first leg 1-1 and I thought it was away so in the second leg if I got a 0-0 draw I thought I'd go through. Here comes the stupid moment: the first leg was at home and I was content during the second leg thinking I'm about to go through then after the match I see I've been knocked out and I realised too late haha

Europa League tree: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883798604/EA181D004B92A4DBF395B105E0B9D2A534968CCB/

Coupe de France: I reached the semi final of this competition where I lost to Valenciennes 3-1 away. I was mildly surprised as I had just smashed them 4-0 at home two matches ago in the league, I guess this is the beauty of knockout style competitions: anyone can win.

Coupe de France tree: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883779998/B2FB354EE95C510FA51923CE7429DDEE7E697EAD/

Coupe de la Ligue: I got to the semi-final where I lost 4-2 to Marsielle at home. I'm really starting to get annoyed with them, they're always trumping me in everything.

Coupe de la Ligue tree: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883795919/69896E5D1B18BDCFCF3996670C8BB33BFA380F76/

Squad Review

Squad at the end of the season: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883515439/85D024ABB3E5E3467AC662FCDF43A30F4694F108/

Season transfers: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883511399/ADFAD3F490C0EBB638C6138BE23722A1A24D0FF4/

I was very happy with the squad with almost everyone performing when called upon. Pogba was sent back to United after 2 days as I realised I didn't actually need him, so disregard him. After the disappointment of Oscar I had to find someone else of top quality to fill the AMR position, step up Alex Teixeira for £5m. Great signing, took him a while to settle but was immense when he finally grew accustomed to my team.

I mainly played a 4-2-3-1 (two DMs) attacking; my position by position review follows:

GK: Carasso was simply amazing in his second season under my management.

DR: Mariano was the player with the second most appearances and was very solid. Chalme did the job when called upon.

DC: Caulker and Ciani were my starters with Planus receiving the 3rd most amount of appearances. The Sane's were decent with Salif loaned out in January.

DL: Koppers was very good for a 19 year old, he was my starting DL for the last 3 months as Tremoulinas got injured.

DM: Ndinga was a rock in front of my defense, N'Guemo was decent.

MC: Bacinovic was the heart of my team eventually drawing interest from clubs like Milan at the end of the season. dos Santos and Plasil were solid.

AMR: Alex Teixeira was very good with his understudy Cuenca doing a good job pitching in with crucial goals.

AMC: Ljajic really made this position his own in the second half of the season finishing with 12 goals and 6 assists. Sertic was also good picking up 10 assists but unfortunately received a 5 month injury instead of a chocolate egg for Easter.

AML: Rodriguez, monster. Obraniak, good, compared to Rodriguez.

ST: Vossen like last season was slow at first but really picked it up at the business end of the season finishing the year with 14 goals and 8 assists in 30 appearances. Guidetti was a good deputy finishing with 11 goals and 3 assists.

End of season finances: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481883503354/4A974CDF8A001E507825EBE77060ADB2A1DCD12D/

Hope you enjoyed reading through my end of season review. Up next I'll have my 2013/14 preview. Quite interesting if I may say so myself.

2013/14 Season Preview

Transfers: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884233692/F8695E59B3243FC18A465E2F2F80B6263768B931/

Finances after all transfers: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884240724/7718A5B3C89DB7340F06EF6F53FA871CF1B66978/

Final Squad: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884237086/2FE4D7288C9B1EDA342CBD7337A4572963381507/

As you can see, I remained true to my go big or go home motto making wholesale changes while getting rid of all the dead wood at the club and replacing the current players with younger more potential players. I'd like to add that I wasn't going to sell Mariano but had to because of the non-EU player limit.

Starting 11:

GK: Carasso

DR: Mario Fernandes

DCR: Yanga Mbiwa

DCL: Abdennour

DL: Koppers

DMCL: Ndinga

MCR: Bacinovic

AMR: Alex Teixeira

AMC: Ljajic

AML: Rodriguez

ST: Destro

Backup 11:

GK: Crimi

DR: Ceara

DCR: Planus

DCL: El Kaoutari

DL: Papa Souare

DMCL: Coquelin

MCR: dos Santos/Plasil

AMR: Cuenca/Lalkovic

AMC: Isco/Sertic

AML: Ljajic/Isco/Cuenca

ST: Lasogga/Guidetti

I am now very happy with my squad and think it has a good shout in the Champions League and won't get killed like my old squad. Some players like Destro and Isco were transfer listed, Isco for £3m can't go wrong. Valencia came knocking for Vossen and so I sold as I wasn't happy with him taking so long to get scoring every season.

Here are some absolute gems I've signed from Argentina. The best one being Lucas Vera who I've been tracking since he was 15, I saw that Barcelona made a bid for him and I couldn't let him go there so I matched their offer and gave him a contract he couldn't refuse.

Lucas Vera (signed for £8.25m): http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884463810/781A5D4B546B67DA87E0FA42AE3E2EB681C42797/

Juan Manuel Serna (signed for £1.8m): http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884459804/B5A1D75495BA11C48F098488638D195050ACC45B/

Alejandro Paez (signed for £3.1m): http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884456856/B766A8C464ABBC8301F09D619C6D266A685D0B84/

Ivan Fleita (signed for £1.5m): http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884453028/59B548BAF9DFD96E6ED4A2C527CA9FAA4BC8205A/

I finally had my first very good player come through the youth academy, meet Minervino Colonnette: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577837481884488903/3FFDD09FB0E4D2277B59644FF96026C4BAC6F909/

The board automatically upgraded my training and youth facilities at the end of the season, they are still in construction at the moment. I also have excellent junior coaching and above average youth recruitment. I can't wait to move into the new stadium next season!

Wow you weren't kidding about making changes. That's a really solid 12 and you should really be winning the league this year. I tried signing Abdennour myself several times with Bordeaux but Toulouse didn't want to sell to me. Let me know how Lasogga does for you. I'm a big fan of German football and have been watching him for awhile, it just seems as though he's underrated on FM.

Those are some impressive signings from South America. Especially Vera. That's the only thing I really don't care for in France, the 3 non EU player rule.

Archived