any logical way to position forwards?

I have a poacher, and a defensive winger with 18 for crossing. Should I position the poacher closest to the winger's side or far post, and does it matter? My other forward wld be either cmf or dlf.

Thx

Shouldnt really matter, depends where the winger is set up to aim his crosses. If you want the poacher to get on the end of them at the front post put your winger MR and you attacker STCR. That make sense?

Yeah it shouldnt matter at all really. As Jumbob said, it depends where you have your wingers crossing aim set towards. I think he explained it well as if you have a MR who aims to the near post, have your poacher as STCR.

Depends if your poacher is big or small for me.

If I'm only going to cross from one side predominantly, let's say I've got Valencia on the right and Nani on the left so the majority of my crosses from the right. I'd stick my small striker on the right where he can use his speed, anticipation and determination to nip infront of bulky defenders to nick a head or toe on the ball and I'd have my bulldozer striker on the left where any floated crosses will have to be challenged for with the aforementioned bulky CB's.

If you're using 2 'crossing wingers' then it doesn't really matter as there will be a roughly equal amount from both sides. Of course if you think one side would be of a higher quality you might want to setup to exploit this.

Archived