Billionaires Playground : Fantasy Custom League

frutloopz

Hi All,

I have an intention to make a custom fantasy league but since I am not a expert in the Data Editor, I will be needing some help and I was hoping that I could accomplish a number of things in this thread besides seeking editor specific help but 1st:

The Concept:

As the name implies, it is a fantasy league, where the worlds richest people have banded together to create a league that is filled with newly created teams, all teams will be on a level playing field, the idea is to have the following:

- approx 30 teams, I am open to discussion regarding the number of teams as the intention is to have league run in a way that it will not have any real impact on continental competitions such as EUROPA or UEFA etc...

- All teams will have the same reputation, finances and facilities. Level playing field

- They will all have no players and no staff, this way, I hope to achieve a more "dynamic" game of sorts where every new game will be different (hopefully)

- The so called representative countries will be based on a list of the worlds most richest people, richest countries, economically most powerful nations and cities, I am currently looking at no more then 2 clubs from the same nation and to have the most nations represented. this is still in the thought process so I have not finalized the teams yet.

- Where possible, I would like to resurrect extinct teams that are in the DB that would have a cultural and/or historical significance to the nation/city being represented

What I hope to achieve:

- A fictional fantasy league that can be added to the game without affecting the existing structure of the leagues and competitions that are already in the game, this is just fantasy after all and it should just be a pure add on to the game.

- Since no existing competition structures are not affected, I hope to have this compatible with most real world transfer updates, I know I can get Hazard for about 30mil from Lille in the default DB but that is not likely if I tried to get him from Chelsea in one of the transfer updates.

- Learn more about the editor

- Contribute to the community

What I plan to do and use and why:

- Based the league in Liechtenstein. mainly since they do not have any domestic competition, they do not have any continental qualification places, as mentioned, I do not want to mess with the existing active competitions.

- Use Intercontinental Champions Clubs' Cup (1301393). it has has history and its a extinct league in the DB, I do plan to rename it, main reason why I am using it is cos of the history.

- Are the above viable? is there any better alternatives?

What am I looking for:

- Interest. will anyone be interested in playing this db beside myself?

- Ideas for resurrecting the teams

- Ideas for created teams

- Help, suggestions and advice regarding the editor

- Anyone interested in creating some graphics such as kits and logos?

With that, I just wanted to state to the mods that the reason I posted it on the editors hideaway is because at this point of time, this is a WIP DB of sorts so I felt that it would be best to post it here for now and perhaps have this thread moved to a more appropriate one at a later time, of cos, If any of you feel that it this should be moved, please feel free to do so. I just didn't feel that it would be beneficial to have multiple threads and its seems more easy to maintain just the one.

I know my idea isnt really original, there have already been a few of this kinda DBs floating around out there, to be honest, this whole thing started on the World Endurance League DB that is posted on the FM-Base forums, I am currently having fun with it so I thought I would do one of my own but with all fictional clubs. Although I ashamedly admit that I never knew about your fictional AFL, sorry! but I do like the 8 Team league, makes for a quick fun game. I will be downloading your update to see how you got things set up and if you have no objections, I might borrow some Ideas... :)...

Thanks for the link mate, and please, feel free to make any suggestions.

PS: I apologize for the unintentionally using your idea but you know what they say? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

I know my idea isnt really original, there have already been a few of this kinda DBs floating around out there, to be honest, this whole thing started on the World Endurance League DB that is posted on the FM-Base forums, I am currently having fun with it so I thought I would do one of my own but with all fictional clubs. Although I ashamedly admit that I never knew about your fictional AFL, sorry! but I do like the 8 Team league, makes for a quick fun game. I will be downloading your update to see how you got things set up and if you have no objections, I might borrow some Ideas... :)...

Thanks for the link mate, and please, feel free to make any suggestions.

PS: I apologize for the unintentionally using your idea but you know what they say? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Actually is not that quick game. You probably have twice the games compared to a normal top team. (A lot of competitions)

And im not in any way offended. Just pointed to a my update that has pretty much the same ideas. (maybe that's what you wanna play)

Archived