Regional promotion/relegation

Neutronen

Is it possible with the editor to accurately perform the following promotion/relegation correctly?

In the country of Country there is one league called the Country League it has two regional feeder leagues First Regional league and the Second Regional league.

There are two teams relegated from Country league which gives two different cases.

Case 1: The two teams relegated from Country league are from the same region (First region) which means that two teams from First Regional league needs to be promoted.

Case 2: The two teams are from different regions meaning a single team from both regional leagues are promoted

It can't be done. Teams promoted from sub-divisions are promoted equally from each or via a playoff but go up on merit, regardless of who gets relegated.

Teams relegated will probably both go in the correct regional division, with one team having to shift across to the other based on geographical location.

Personally I think the way they do it now is right, what happens if it's always teams from the same region coming down? You could have a brilliant team in the other region who is never allowed to go up even if they win the league every year.

In that case you could just do as they do in German regional leagues and relegate more teams from the league being relegated to to compensate for receiving more teams.

That's what we do here in Norway too. And what I would like to be able to do with the editor. I would also like to mass-edit stuff like regional leagues with clubs etc.

Archived