FM12: One Last Career Through Europe: The Final Countdown to FM13.

Kyle Seddon

With a bit of time on my hands i decided (after reading through some incredible reads notably SRL88 and dafuge) to do a career thread. It's something i have thought about previously, but never had the time or the patience to stick it out. Got bored of my saves, noticeably my Chelsea save where i got to the 2030/2031 before getting bored, a Cardiff City save where after twenty odd years and winning everything, repetitiveness set in.

So here we have it, a journeyman thread where i will reveal the highs and lows of being a football manager starting out for the first time hoping (and destined) for greatness.

Setting the scene:

A twenty something manager with no experience of being a professional footballer but a man who studied sport science at university. Football is his passion, which i might add, includes watching games involving Peruvian football teams at two in the morning just because its a football game, that amongst other examples. This young man is looking for a break in the world of football management and is ready to learn on the job.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me and if it's anything like SRL88's career, it should be a good one.

Aims:

-Hertha BSC to the Bundesliga title.

-Manage the big 5. Barcelona, Man Utd, PSG, Milan, Munich.

-First manager to retain Champions League.

-To have fun... thats the main thing :)

-Updates to follow-

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here is a touch of luck. Chris Coleman offering me the chance to show my credentials with the option to manage the Wales u-19 team.

cp9SO.png

Thinking it may be a bit soon for international management and i can't say i know the players under the age of 19 very well bar the players from Cardiff City. Im thinking i will give it a go and if after a while it does not work out then i will resign. Feels like i am going in blind on this one but everyone starts somewhere. Right?

JyKfZ.png

Wales u-19

Name: Wales

Nickname:The Dragons

Founded: 1876

Stadium: Millennium Stadium. 74,500

First destination turned out to be a decent post. My home nations future prospects. I'm still hoping for club management but this is a good place to start.

July-August 2011

One game this month involving Denmark u-19 in a friendly match.

tyhBL.png

Denmark's top two talents in this division showed their class. We just didn't have an answer for them. The penalty miss by us that could have made it 2-0 might have told a different story but that is me clutching at straws. Much work to be done. Still on the look out for a club team.

Games next month: Japan u-19. Finland u-19.

September 2011

Managed the one game for Wales u-19 against Japan u-19.

alhpo.png

Suffered, what i believe to be my worst game on FM12. Don't think i am cut out for international management at such an early stage in my career and begrudgingly threw in the towel in the aftermath of this humiliating defeat.

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 1 - October 2011.

Bundesliga III.

GKZNG.png

Decent start to my club career. This got the team out of the relegation zone and up to 16th place. I'd already played another game in november before realising i forgot to print screen the table, start that from the next month. Not much else to say apart from i hope i can keep it up.

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 2 - November 2011.

Bundesliga III. Results

jxTzU.png

A few disappointing games of note here but my team are still getting used to the way i want them to play and i also have no idea who the best players are in the team yet. Looking forward to January where maybe i can move on some players and get some funds to purchase some of my own signings.

Bundesliga III. Table

Q2kQR.png

Not much to look at at the moment. Safe to say it's not been easy, but hey, who'd have thought it. Still looking to put some daylight between myself and the relegation pack and I'm hoping for a safe mid table position come the end of the season.

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 3 - December 2011.

Bundesliga III. Results

FPFuz.png

Only the two games this month due to the German winter break and ain't i glad its upon us. Really need to sift through my players and see who is for sale and where i need to strengthen. My back room staff is non-existent, an assistant manager and a goalkeeping coach is all i have. I have one scout, one physio so that is ok. Got a few friendlies lined up against Dortmund and Gladbach to try and raise some funds in a cash balane of minus £2million, oh and no transfer budget. My aim is to sort all this out and make us a force in this division.

Bundesliga III. Table

nFllV.png

Progressing slowly up the table. Steady wins the race :)

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 4 - January 2012.

Bundesliga III. Results

piqIZ.png

Couple friendlies in-between the league to try and raise some much needed funds, managed to sign 2 Belgian boys on frees and shifted a lot of the dead wood by letting them leave on free transfers as no one was willing to purchase them even when i allowed them to leave for £0. Still in the red but less so and i have fresh attacking impetus and a half decent CB who might be able to stop our leaking of goals. Here they are:

James Lahousse:

LQszJ.png

Guillaume Legros:

gDCWi.png

Could do with pulling away from the relegation place but you arent doing badly.

Was trying to find some decent players but other than those two belgians no one was willing to come to my team so i'll have to work with what i have. That is my intention, i'm thinking i might still make the mid table zone however.

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 5 - February 2012.

Bundesliga III. Results

1mPhv.png

At least we didn't lose, so happy with that, slowly but surely were getting the results but i don't harbour any hope of a play-off place and I'm thinking it is to soon for that anyway. Will do a re-evaluation of my team in the summer and push on next season.

Bundesliga III. Table

oSRgf.png

As you can see, each month pulls me away from the drop zone and into safety, optimistic to start planning for life in the third tier next season?

Hows this for a Youth Intake? One boy can potentially already play for the team and he is only 15.

How should i approach his development?

MonIl.png

He looks like he may go on and have a great career however I'm dubious as to whether to play him in the first team already or use him sparingly next season.

This was the rest of the intake. Some decent potentials in there, shame I'm only allowed maximum two coaches, training is poor lol.

n2jGe.png

I would be getting him tutored if possible and I would get him in the first team ASAP!!!! His stats a fantastic :eek:.

Could you provide screenshots of the other players with 4* potential plus?

I would be getting him tutored if possible and I would get him in the first team ASAP!!!! His stats a fantastic

Could you provide screenshots of the other players with 4* potential plus?

Bojica Stojmenov:

QD2yg.png

Daniel Ballas:

j9uI6.png

Daniel Birkenbach:

7aoMZ.png

Simon Lehmann:

YhG7M.png

Not going to bother with Mustafaraj, his personality is classed as unambitious so not expecting much from the kid.

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 6 - March 2012.

Bundesliga III. Results

kVR8H.png

As you can probably suggest, much happier with the latter two performances, felt more like my team than the two previous. They were made aware of my unhappiness and seemed to respond.

Bundesliga III. Table.

7154S.png

Again, creeping is the only way i can describe my ascending up the table. :D

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 7 - April 2012.

Not an excuse but i have just realised how poor a goalkeeper i have in my first team. An Albanian 35 year old who has only been playing professional football for 8 years, god knows why, he is dire. Anyway, thanks to him, him being my only recognised goalkeeper in the first team, I'm leaking goals left right and centre. First port of call in the close season is to spend the bulk of my transfer budget on a decent keeper. Joe Hart for Saarbrucken anyone?

Anyway here is April's update with one game to go. Can finish anywhere between 9-12 which is a decent achievement having taken over when the team was languishing in 18th 4 points off safety.

Bundesliga III. Results

PGT1t.png

Bundesliga III. Table

U4kx3.png

bR3cu.png

Kyle Seddon career Save: Month 8 - May 2012.

Game finished 2-0 to Saarbrucken against already safe Babelsburg. If you notice via the final table, we were the highest scorers in the league, something i can understand, and a reason why i need to sort out my defence and rubbish goalkeeper. If i can sort that then i have no problem in thinking we will go up next season.

Bundesliga III. Final League Standings.

nWrT6.png

Once the big teams started snooping around he was not interested in signing a new contract, absolutely gutted, best player ever to come through my academy in any save and i don't get to work with him.

kwQXC.png

If i ever progress far enough to manage a top club team... i will buy him back.

DoKcA.png

Kyle Seddon Career Save. October 2012

Blue Square Premier Division. Fixtures/Results

mPdtG.png

Really pleased with the team this month, they accustomed themselves well to what i wanted from them straight from the first game. How this team were lying in 21st position when i took charge is beyond me. I added a few free transfers, GK, DC, AC, ST and we have hit the ground running. Really pleased to have made it to the FA Cup First ROund proper too. Bit of extra cash into the budget drawing Bradford.

Blue Square Premier Division. Table

OIo2n.png

Being in 13th place i genuinely believe this team can reach the play-offs come end of the season. Time will tell, i will look to remove the dead wood either on free transfers or sold in January and will strengthen where needed but i can definatley see myself challenging in a few months time if we can keep up the good work.

Archived