FM12: One Last Career Through Europe: The Final Countdown to FM13.

Kyle Seddon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i decided to end my reign on a solid note. Wanted to head back to English football, somewhere where my knowledge of players is more precise. Will hopefully stay with this team for a good few years otherwise i'll be labelled the 'one club a year guy'. Think I'm ready to settle down...

Anyway, this is where my task of becoming the best manager in the world has taken me thus far...

2011/2012- Saarbrucken. (9th)

2012-2013- Newport County. (7th)

2013-2014- Salerno. (1st)

2014... brings me to the next stage in my managerial career, feel like i've gone up and down the divisions and not progressing but using the excuse of 'gaining experience and knowledge of other football cultures. Everyone's path is different right?

Anyway, my new challenge....

Kyle Seddon Career Thread. Season 4. Mansfield Town (The Stags) English Npower Division 2.

si7zC.png

Troubled Mansfield have called on me to change their fortunes and i have duly obliged. The previous manager was less than careful with finances and the wage budget was £3,000 in the red, as well as balance/current season budget being in the red.

So out went a ton of players who i believe did not figure in my plans as well as the high earners, brought in a few loan players and a few free transfers and the finances are looking a lot healthier. Out went most of the staff, kept just the essential members and also got rid of the reserve team players as i felt it was a non-essential at the moment. Played plenty of friendlies to generate some cash and now looking forward to the start of the season.

Here's to hopefully a good season...

Kyle Seddon Career Thread. Season 4. Mansfield Town (The Stags) English Npower Division 2.

si7zC.png

Current team:

Basis of the team is inherited and it will take time for me to put my own stamp on things, not expecting much this season other than consolidation.

aSg2r.png

Current formation:

Same formation that i always use when playing FM, it allows two phases of play, fundamentally defending and attacking. Been impressed with this tactic since i downloaded it, not yet overly keen on making my own at the moment. I sometimes utilise the AC in the DM position when i feel we will be on the back foot a lot more and sometimes move the AC into ST position when i feel i can control the game.

H1ziF.png

Players In/Out:

As fore mentioned, when i took over my wage bill was huge and it was no surprise that i allowed a lot of players to move on, especially the higher earners whose contracts were up. In came a couple of loan players and this is just the start of the building process, i am not expecting too much from the team other than consolidation this term.

txueT.png

si7zC.png

Friendlies Round-up:

Pretty impressive pre-season, tried to boost moral essentially to allow me going into the new season with a bit of confidence and to get off to a good start. Other games, the idea behind them was to ensure i got some funds to overturn the deficit in my bank balance but without picking a team whereby my team's confidence would suffer as a result.

iDN9P.png

On towards the new beginning of the new season then...

Kyle Seddon Career Thread. Season 4. Mansfield Town in the English Npower Division 2.

si7zC.png

August 2014. Round-up

Npower English League 2. Fixtures/Results

Good opening to the season with a nail biting victory over much fancied Hartlepool with us scoring a winner in the 88th minute. Progress was hampered in the league cup with a defeat to Barnsley, (cup competitions not my focus this season) We continued well in the league with a nice victory over Rochdale away but a poor defeat to Wrexham seemed to ruin the good start we had made. An easy victory over MK Dons presumes my team are inconsistent and i need to find a rhythm especially when a good win previous was ruined by a defeat to Lincoln.

7cmDh.png

Npower English League 2. Current Table

Difficult to gauge where my team is after too few games but with 3 wins in the first 5 games I'm pretty happy with where we are at.

o1SUd.png

Archived