Annoying tutoring problem

I'm sure we've all encountered the problem, where you're excited to tutor a young player (in this instance, an RB) but Dani Alves doesn't have him on the list because I have too many players he can tutor, amongst which is Thiago (MC/AMC)

I hate this. Is there anyway around this? There's some fringe players I have in there too, I guess I could temporarily send them to a feeder club so they don't appear and bring them back, but I doubt they'd want to go. I wish there was a bigger drop down list, or something.

I don't think I've ever had this problem, although it may different for FM12. Sure you can't scroll the drop-down?

Yes, but it only gives me ten options, of which the player I'd most prefer isn't in there.

Bummer :(

Has Alves just tutored someone else? There's a cool off period before players can re-tutor

Heh, I know about that maybe we're on a different page.

Lets say I want to use Puyol to tutor my new 15 year old CB. Amongst the options I'll have;

Fontas (CB)

Muniesa (CB/L)

Montoya (D/WBR)

and so on, because Puyol is at least decent at RB. The list goes to ten players, and because I have ten more senior players (I assume) on the list, the young CB doesn't make the cut. It's rather annoying because Puyol will never play RB but gets the option to tutor RB over a young CB.

I haven't got FM fired up right now but can you select a tutor from the youngster's side? i.e. interact with the youngster, is there an option like 'I want you tutored by .... I'll just call him into the room'.?

The list is limited to 10 and some players available won't appear? This seems broken to me. How could this not have been patched?

Yeah I've never heard of it before so it's a fairly unique one. Unless its been discussed in General and I've missed it there.

Also, changing team status just to tutor could lower morale right?

Yup, it's to be avoided if possible. Breaks realism too if you like to play that way

I haven't got FM fired up right now but can you select a tutor from the youngster's side? i.e. interact with the youngster, is there an option like 'I want you tutored by .... I'll just call him into the room'.?

Nope, it can only be achieved by talking to the senior player. I've always had this problem where players I'd want to tutor don't show up because they chose other players to be in this seemingly random list of 10 players.

So everyone else has an unlimited choice of players? Not 10?

Did you try to change the squad status of the players on the list so that they disappear?

Also, there is a limit 10 ten players on my game too.

And as for morale problems, I haven't had any. You can do all this in two days, change the squad status, progress one day, make the tutoring happen and revert back all the squad status changes.

Moral problems will only happen if you keep players on Key Player-status for any period of time and you don't play them.

Quick guide (Click on the images to view them properly);

Here is my star player, can play in multiple positions and therefore is list is maxed out at 10 people;

1238091.jpeg

Here is one of the players on that list, Mirko Mostarlic, with his squad status changed;

1238106.jpeg

And finally, here is the tutorlist after the change;

1238108.jpeg

Here you can see that Mostarlic is off the list, and Calloni is on it. Hope it helps :)

I hope they fix this in the future. Having to juggle squad status is a work around at best. I would call it a band aid for something that should have been patched. Tutoring as a whole needs some work. It needs it's own interface tab on the player screen so you can see all available/unavailable (greyed out) tutors for that player. All relavent information should be displayed up front on the screen (personality, determination, reason why a potential tutor is greyed out etc). We need the ability to tell the tutor not to teach the tutee any PPM's we don't want to transfer. Squad status playing such an important role is dubious at best. You mean to tell me that youngsters won't want to learn from a club legend that may be past his prime? Nonsensical!

I hope they fix this in the future. Having to juggle squad status is a work around at best. I would call it a band aid for something that should have been patched. Tutoring as a whole needs some work. It needs it's own interface tab on the player screen so you can see all available/unavailable (greyed out) tutors for that player. All relavent information should be displayed up front on the screen (personality, determination, reason why a potential tutor is greyed out etc). We need the ability to tell the tutor not to teach the tutee any PPM's we don't want to transfer. Squad status playing such an important role is dubious at best. You mean to tell me that youngsters won't want to learn from a club legend that may be past his prime? Nonsensical!

Good idea, I totally agree :thup:

Quick guide (Click on the images to view them properly);

Here is my star player, can play in multiple positions and therefore is list is maxed out at 10 people;

1238091.jpeg

Here is one of the players on that list, Mirko Mostarlic, with his squad status changed;

1238106.jpeg

And finally, here is the tutorlist after the change;

1238108.jpeg

Here you can see that Mostarlic is off the list, and Calloni is on it. Hope it helps :)

Marvelous, thank you so much. It's a shame it has to be this way, but now I won't be scared to sign more players for fear that he won't be able to be tutored. My hero.

I asked for this in FM10 (to be fixed for FM11), so I wouldn't hold my breath :/

I don't think it is seen as such a big issue, that it lands at the bottom of the "Nice to fix, if we ever have time" list.

I asked for this in FM10 (to be fixed for FM11), so I wouldn't hold my breath :/

I don't think it is seen as such a big issue, that it lands at the bottom of the "Nice to fix, if we ever have time" list.

Ah, I think it is as tutoring is huge. I've gotten all the way around it thanks to the said fix, just doesn't work to change youth contracted player's status.

Ah, I think it is as tutoring is huge. I've gotten all the way around it thanks to the said fix, just doesn't work to change youth contracted player's status.

I don't disagree, but I think SI might think so :)

Archived