Lone striker during throw-in & FK

Is there a way to prevent my striker from receiving throw-in and standing next to the freekick taker? I tried changing many tactical and set-piece instructions but my striker still act that way. During attacking setpieces, however, he do behave according to the instructions.

to prevent recieving the throw-in ask him to go forward or lurk on the edge of the area

He has those setpiece instructions. Whenever I have a throw-in in opposition half, most of the time, my striker will come short to receive the ball. Unless it's an attacking throw-in, then he will stick to his instruction.

Likewise for normal freekick, especially in opposition half, he will stand beside the kicker most of the time. He will stick to his instruction if it's an attacking freekick.

It's the same for my hardworking and lazy strikers lol.

Any suggestion to overcome this? I'm surprise this wasn't mentioned in the bugs section.

Even when taking a freekick at the midline, my striker will sometimes stand beside the taker. His freekick instruction is never "stand beside taker".

Especially annoying is during most deep throw-ins, my striker will be near the thrower and the thrower will always pass to my striker.

And I will have no player leading the line.

As I said, this not only happen to me, but also my opponents and any matches that I watched.

I think the problem is that there are no settings when the set-pieces are not in the final third of the pitch, and thus fall under the Attacking SP settings. Then it seems what the players do is completely random.

Often none of my FK takers will take a free kick on the center line, even though half the team is in the penalty box. It is usually a defender who takes it, and it seems another will stand next to him, and if the first defender takes it quickly, he will make a short pass to a player who has his back turned. Even though most of the attacking people are in the box.

I doubt there is anything you can do about that, when the set piece falls in a part of the pitch where it is not an attacking set piece.

Archived