NorthernGooner's Journey to the top - First FM Career.

NorthernGooner

earth_football.gif

Hello and Welcome to NorthernGooner's FM12 Journeyman Career Thread. With the 2012/13 season approaching, I have found my love for FM again, and thought I would embark on a journey across the World. I don't really have any aims as such, apart from starting with a Sunday-League Reputation and making my way up to the big leagues. I would love to win the Champions League in the long run and also the Copa Libertadores.

Also if you want to follow me on twitter where I will post updates - www.twitter.co.uk/_danpinder

Leagues Loaded

leaguesloaded.png

Good luck. Will be following. Great skin and logo's. Looks so clean :-)
Go to Zawisza. Polish league is great fun.
Good luck :)

Thanks guys, still pondering over who to pick, do I go straight to Brazil with Guarani who are 3 points off promotion to the 'Campeonato Brasileiro Série A' or Zawisza?

Zawisza_Bydgoszcz_tcm27-104219.jpg

Zawisza Bydgoszcz is a military-sponsored sports club from Bydgoszcz, Poland, founded in 1946. Its name commemorates a legendary Polish 15th century knight, Zawisza Czarny (Zawisza the Black). The club holds many sections: football, track and field athletics, boxing, rowing, canoeing, weightlifting, gymnastics, shooting, and parachuting ones.

Zawisza's football team has achieved some successes, playing for several years in the Polish First Division. For the first time, Zawisza won promotion in 1961. After relegation in the 1993/1994 season, the team has not managed to get back to the First Division. Zawisza's biggest achievement is reaching the semifinals of the Cup of Poland in 1991. Zawisza's youth teams have also won several medals during the national championships - gold (1981), silver (1958, 1986) and bronze (1967, 1979). Zawisza was relegated from Second Level to Fourth Level in the 1997-98 season and promoted to Third Level after finishing 1st Kujawsko-Pomorsko-Wielkopolska (Kujavia-Pomerania and Great Poland) Group of 3rd liga in the 2007-2008 season. On 12 June 2011, after a 13 year absence, Zawisza was promoted to the Second Level (Pierwsza Liga) after finishing second to Olimpia Grudziądz in the Druga Liga Zachodnia (one of two Third Level divisions) in the 2010-11 season. Taken from Wiki.

Bydgoszcz_-_Stadion_Zawiszy.jpg

Team Report

TeamReport.png

Could do with some better Full-Backs, and as I'm looking to play the deep 4-2-3-1 formation, could also do with a better DM than what I currently have.

Will definitely be following this.

I like to think I played a small part in inspiring you. :D

As much as I like to think I played a big part ;).

Of course :D

--------------------------

Expect an update later on tonight once I finish work. Been a very tough start to the season.

Key Player

Blad.png

On loan for Zaglebie Lubin and stand out player in the team. Great mental stats for his age and for the league, also two-footed player which is a big bonus. Is also very versatile.

-------------------------------------

July 2012

JulyFix2012.png

Not the best of starts in the league after a good pre-season, but with the team not familiar with the tactics as of yet and some promising signs in the game we can only hope for better results to come.

Transfers

Transfers.png

After the opening few games in the league, I decided I needed to bring in a couple of players for the formation that I was going to use. I was going to play one up front, but opted for a basic 4-4-2 in the end and keep things simple and direct. For this I needed a new striker in Lee Quaye, who doesn't have the best finishing but has decent pace and good composure which is what else is needed in a striker. My final signing came in Rodriguez, versatile in that he can play in any attacking position, also has good natural fitness. Will be playing him out on the left, hence why I needed someone with decent Crossing and Dribbling, and hopefully Rodriguez can provide that.

August 2012

August2012.png

Games came in thick and fast, 0-0 at home to Cracovia who were recently relegated was a great result, also against Poznan who were the favourites, and after having a man sent off in the first half I feared for the worst but we held on. Our first lost came against Bogdanka where we were clearly outplayed. Luckily the draw brought us up against KSZO who were in the division below is and so gave us a chance to turn things around. Beating them 3-1 saw us draw a team from the Premier Division, which could prove to be a tough game. Quaye and Rodriguez' first games for the club came and they both scored on their debut after we were 1-0 down, so we did well to turn it around. Final game of the month found us playing away to Dolcan which was a nervy affair but we came out on top.

Good luck :D
Picked up well at the end of the month, keep that up and you'll start moving up the table in no time.
Great to see you starting a thread in here, good luck dude.

Cheers guys.

-------------------------------

September 2012

Septermber2012.png

League Table

leaguetable.png

Another month where the games came fast, and with the stamina pretty low for some players, a lot of them have been getting very tired easily. Good run of form though until the last game of that month where we lost, not too dissapointed, been happy in the way they have performed. Also knocking out a team in the division above us is a great morale booster. Both signings had an excellent month with Quaye scoring 3 in 6 which isn't too bad.

zawisza_bydgoszcz.gif

October 2012

Octiber2012.png

A much better month, knocking out our rivals Cracovia in the Polish Cup, and going the month unbeaten. Been happy we have been playing lately, both offensively and defensively. There has been a few stand out players, excluding the main players I have been very happy with my RB Stefanczyk who has impressed me of late and it keeping Golab out of the team.

-----------------------

League Table

Octtable.png

Climbed up to 3rd and 2 points off top, which is a great achievement for us, considering the media has predicted us to finish 11th in the league. Also managed to get a positive goal difference which could prove to be an important stat come towards the final few games of the season.

-----------------------

Player of the Month - Lee Quaye

QuayeForm1.png

Signing him on a free, and only £425 p/w. Proved to be one of the signings in the league so far, chipped in with a fair amount of goals and also has good link-up play and partnership with Lesniewski.

-----------------------

zawisza_bydgoszcz.gif

November 2012

Fixtures

Nov2012.png

League Table

Nov2012table.png

Player of the Month - Rafal Lesniewski

Nov2012POTM.png

----------------------------

Overall another good month, making it 9 games unbeaten in all competitions, and sitting top of the table, only due to our head to head against Wisla Plock, if we keep up the current form then we are easily in contention for promotion. Not totally comfortable though as I know what Cracovia are capable of, and they could easily turn their form around. Through to the Quarter-Finals of the Polish FA Cup against Ruch Chorzow which will prove to be a tricky game. Lee Quaye was out for the first two games in the month but his strike partner Rafal Lesniewski stepped up and delivered getting my player of the month award.

----------------------------

I probably won't have an update for December due to the Winter break, but if anything happens then I shall let you know, next game isn't until 7th February, looking to bring in a few loan signings if possible but I will let you know of any transfer activity.

zawisza_bydgoszcz.gif

February 2013

Feb2013.png

Started out with a 2-2 draw against Warta Poznan at home after the recent winter break. Could have done better but with the lack of fitness due to not playing as often as I would have hoped due to playing a lot of the youth players in the friendlies to give them some experience, we can't really complain. Overall though I'm happy with that start we had to the second half of the season, with my first choice striker Quaye getting on the score sheet again.

Transfers In

DominikFurman.png

Brought in Dominik Furman on loan from Legia Warsaw. Good passer of the ball also has good creativity and flair for an MC/AMC, will be back-up to Blad but it just takes some of the pressure off him. Should prove to be a good asset to the team in the closing weeks of the season.

Transfers Out

BoyanPeykov.png

Boyan Peykov will be leaving at the end of the season. Better star rating that my first choice keeper but Witan has been the better performer. Peykov is sitting on pretty high wages at £1.3k p/w which is a hefty amount for the team I am, which is why I was looking to move him on to balance my finances out.

March 2013

First Division

1stDivFixtures.png

Not a bad month for us overall, away to Bogdanka saw us earn 3 points in the dying minutes of the game through a headed goal from a corner. The next two games were disappointing, we should have lost against Sandecja but luckily we came out with a draw after scoring in the 92nd minute. We then couldn't find our feet against Radzionkow but thankfully we kept a clean sheet which is an improvement on our current form. If we wanted to stay in 1st place then we had to make most of our home games, next up was Dolkan Zabki, where we came out the better team from the off, not happy that we went 3-0 up and they pegged us back to 3-2 which proved to be a nervy end to the game. We then lost our 13 game unbeaten run in the league Kolejarz, who are bottom of the league, so as you can probably guess, I am not happy about, but onwards and upwards and hopefully we can turn our form around for the coming month.

leaguetable-1.png

Polish FA Cup

PolishFACupFixtures.png

Very pleased with our cup run but it came to an end against Ekstraklasa team Ruch Chorzów, which I can't really complain about, they were the stronger team and just to get to the Quarter Finals is an achievement in itself.

Finances

Finances.png

Thought I would cover something about the club that I haven't yet covered; Finances. We're making a loss every month, probably due to the fact that we are around £425 p/w over the wage budget. With the sale of our second choice keeper Boyan Peykov this will make us better financially proven in the future. Also looking to get rid of anyone else over £1k p/w as I don't feel it is necessary to pay someone that much in this league, much better players out there on lesser wages. Finishing in 1st place will only bring us in £18,750 in prize money, which is very little. To get the finances healthy again I'm going to have to reshape the squad and sell people for more than they are worth, and make a profit through transfers every season.

Untitled.png

Decisions? I think more than likely I will get offered a new contract. Should I get promoted I'm torn whether or not to accept any new contract from them? Should I give them a shot in the top division or do I look elsewhere in a different country?

Archived