A little project while waiting for FM13

damianhucker

Ive decided im going to create a new English League System as a bit of a project .

Im going to use all 160 clubs from The Premier League right down to Blue Square North/South

Ill be putting the Clubs into Seeded Groups , 8 groups of 18 teams , top team in each Group goes into the championship playoffs , Bottome in each group go into a relegation play off system with 4 teams being relegated .

If this works i may try to do a similar thing in other leagues .

My question though is im assuming that it will wreak havoc with the continental qualification , so can some one either advise me or at least point me in the direction of a good source of info for doing qualification places for europe .

In addition id like to create a British Cup to run alongside which will be open to teams who didnt qualify for europe , pretty much a 3rd european tournament effectively .

So i went ahead with my project and built a new english system that consisted of :

12 team super league

36 team Premier League (3 divisions of 12 )

80 team Football League ( 8 divisions of 10)

96 team Conference League ( 4 divisions of 24) (wanted 8 divisions of 12 but was getting date issues with playoffs)

Plus an FA Cup and a League Cup

tested it all and was all fine , holiday mode for 6 seasons with no problems , so went onto the next stage , the Rest of Britain , which i called the Celtic league and also included Ireland alongside Welsh , Scottish and Northern Irish Clubs .

In the League i had

A League - 16 teams

B League - 16 Teams

Third Division - 32 teams split into 2 16 team divisions

Fourth Divisions - same as above , 32 teams into two divisions

with 2 cups .

again tested all ok and holiday mode (this time just for 4 seasons )

But ive now got a problem id like a bit of help with if anyone can ?

When i try to use both Reworked leagues together i get an error on loadup saying English FA cup error too many teams required from English superleague (12) , Only 0 available .

Both work perfectly well alone , im keen to get this figured put as i have further ideas for this league , mainly to get learning more about it so that i can do it for real in FM 2013 , i plan on also doing a structure for Scandinavia , Soviet , Baltic , Central Europe , Former Yugoslavia etc , and maybe also on other continents .

But i cant do what i want if i cant figure this out , i could maybe do another league and see if it works with the celtic league , which if so then maybe ill just have to re do england from scratch or maybe put england with the rest of britain although i didnt really want to do that due to keeping it fair within the other nations etc but its a possible alternative .

I do this with the basic editor as ive looked at a thread about the advanced one and looked like needed coding Knowledge etc which is a shame .

Any help from anyone with regards to my issue ?

Also if i just delete the FA cup and do a new Cup in its place that isnt for a European place will the be likely to cause me issues with regards to european qualification ?

one final question , whats the best thing for me to do with regards to coefficient editing (ie where and what) so that i can for example drop the welsh coefficient right down and add their old score to the new celtic league to make sure the right number of teams qualify for europe .

Archived