Loss of Form !!!

Ok, just thought i would ask this question, started of my season with Brighton and Hove Albion, had a great start to the season and kept building on it, even got myself to second in the league when im only predicted mid table, then bang lost one game and then it had a knock on effect game after game and now im slipping back down the table, i didnt change anything, i rotated my team only starting players that are match fit and good condition, makes me angry and wanna give up playing the game as it always happen with pretty much every team i manage. Attached u can see where it has all started to go wrong, can someone point me in the right direction of stopping this ???

34473g5.png

j0xwyf.png

what is confidence like? a single defeat can hit confidence badly - arsenal's defeat to birmingham at wembley was a single defeat knocking on for a long time. use individual chats over form, a team meeting, and reduce expectations and keep confidence high - tactically just consider if you are playing an aesthetically pleasing style that this may not work as well in winter months like you seem to be heading towards. if you have made tactical changes, rethink, and possibly reverse them

Keep things simple, try and get your team doing the easy things right keeping the ball completing passes etc etc. Build confidence slowly, also as Llama3 said if your trying to play an aesthetically please style you may need to scrap that for a few games and get some hard fought 1-0 wins. They may be scrappy but at least its a win

Isn't it possible that the opposition play a different way against you now that you are a top team in the league? I've experienced it a couple of times when i manage to get myteam to the top of the division, when they are rated as a middle or a bottom league team.

I like to play an offensive style myself, and when i meet other teams in the league that should be better than mine, they want to control the game and pushes forward on the pitch, giving me plenty of space to play in their half. But if my tactic is successfull and my team starts to fight for the top spots, eventually teams that normally would push forward against me, starts to play in a more defensive way when i play against them again. This makes it harder for my team to play the style i want them to, playing in the oppositions half, as the opposition starts to sit back more, and wait for the counter attack, and that is often why i loose these games. I dominate but can't break through their defense and they score on a counter. Pretty frustrating.

Maybe you should try to change a few things in your tactics. I don't know how you play, but maybe playing with a little deeper defensive line, giving your self more space to play in, and try to get your opponent away from their own half? It could be a way to deal with it, but i guess that there is a lot of different ways to counter it. :)

Archived