Man City - End season 1 advice 8.0.2

Robioto

I took over Manchester City in Feburary of the 1st year (started from the Russian date) they were 17th and I finished 11th in the end, only 6 points off 6th!. However this isn't really the issue. I'm after a bit of advice on what to do with my players. Any advice would help, I have limited experience with FM 2008:

ELANO: I have recieved a £22.5m offer from Manchester United which I have yet to accept. I have Jiminez (£4m) already and M. Fernandez (£10m) is awaiting a work permit. Are these 2 players good enough to take Elanos place? Is Elano too good to sell?

CORLUKA: I have recieved a £13.5m offer from Liverpool, he was decent last season, I'm just worried because I haven't got a replacement lined up and I might get rid of another centre back (see below). Does anybody have prior experience with Corluka?

RICHARDS: Recieved a £22m offer from Barcelona. How good is he? Would he be easily replaced? Is he worth selling at that price?

MAKOUN & ZONENVELD: I've signed them, any good?

Remember, I'm not in Europe so attracting world class players is an issue. Also my transfer budget is not an issue. I have £44m to spend and obviously alot more if I sell Elano, Richards and Corluka.

Any helpful posts greatly appreciated.

if i were you, i'd keep all of those players, maybe play corluka at right back (always preffered him there myself) NEVER sell richards, no matter how much money you get for him, you won't be able to get anyone to come who's anyone near as good.

my main focus would be to get a good tm to play on his own up front, as you seem to have a great midfield.

maybe look at someone like huntelaar?

IMO don't sell any of them. At least not for those prices. As has already been said, Elano is IMMENSE due to overrating lol. Wouldn't sell for less than £40M tbh. Richards - Obviously improves, physicality is very influential and £22M is not enough to prise you away from that. Corluka CAN become really top quality depending on how you play etc. I got lucky and AC Milan were offering about £25-30M but he was too good to sell too. But with Corluka perhaps he might not be as good as he was for me so he might be a borderline one for you but like I said I personally wouldn't sell any one them for those prices.

Play with a tactic similar to kimz and you are set for the next season. For that buy a targetman . Get huntelaar, cavani , pazzini or cardozo. Dont sell any of the player. Get a good GK and a LB and you can even win the league this season..

Don't sell any of them.

And use the Man City thread mate.

Saw it after a created this. I have also put this in there.

I'm a little worried now. Before the replies I sold Elano, he was kicking off and he wasn't my best AMC in the previous season so I sold him. Maybe I shouldn't have. I have kept Richards, I couldn't find a decent replacement. Corluka has gone as well, I felt I could bring in a better right back.

Makoun has been excellent and even though Zonnenveld doesn't seem too popular in this thread he has been brilliant for me, far better than Garrido and Ball. I also signed Collocini (£13m) for right back and he has been excellent as well. I also added Alou Diarra (£10m) who hasn't played alot yet and for back up Yakubu (£5m) from Vittese.

so basically there was no point making this thread because you just ignored everything anyone said

Or I didn't get a reply for 4 hours and wanted to continue my game. Helpful posts appreciated, yours was not helpful.

Archived