how do u guys see potential of youngster?

1a2a3a

as above stated, how do you guys see? i mean when u use fm scout they stated the PA and some with ridiculously high and some even reach 190+... i mean how do we look if they will come out good in years or rubbish? what is the definite column to see that either they turn out good or so on?

Well when you use fm scout and you only sign the best youngsters, they will always turn out good mate. You offcourse need to have great trainingfacilities, give them some games, some tutoring so they would reach there full potential .

First step is to have some top-quality scouts with at least 17+ in judging potential ability so that you at least get some accurate reports. For the most accuracy, you probably want them doing 2 or 3 match scouting runs of that player every 6 months (but if you want them to be homegrown you can't wait too long, so sometimes you just have to take the plunge).

After the scouts bring someone to your attention, the next way to go is to have a look at their key attributes. Physical attributes are usually pretty shocking on anyone under-18, so don't worry too much about that. You're looking at key attributes for their position:

For example, a striker should be starting to look pretty menancing in finishing, dribbling and maybe heading. A defender should be looking good in tackling, positioning etc. In my experience, a player with good key attributes as an u-18 is more likely to turn out a bit better than the average.

Mental attributes also develop with age of the player, but any youngster with solid mental attributes in the 10-15 range is also a very good sign. Determination is one of the most important for me in a youth player, as without it, I tend to think they are unlikely to develop as well (not sure if that's actually an effect on the game), and some natural elements such as work-rate, teamwork, creativity, flair, and off-the-ball/positioning, if they are high when they are kids, they are only going to get better with experience.

Otherwise, you just have to take the plunge and get as many of em as you can, some should turn out ok! :D

Hope that helps.

Mental attributes also develop with age of the player, but any youngster with solid mental attributes in the 10-15 range is also a very good sign. Determination is one of the most important for me in a youth player, as without it, I tend to think they are unlikely to develop as well (not sure if that's actually an effect on the game), and some natural elements such as work-rate, teamwork, creativity, flair, and off-the-ball/positioning, if they are high when they are kids, they are only going to get better with experience.

I'm almost 100% certain that determination, flair and natural fitness are the only stats that can't improve?

I send a scouts out to one league at a time. Mainly to certain leagues such as Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany and England. I send them to look for players 21 and under. All my scouts have Judging PA of 18+ and the players that they come back suggesting I will select a few of them (3*+) and have my scouts compile at least 3 report cards on each. Only then will I decide if they will be good enough for my club.

Determination can definatly improve as I have seen the stat go up on youngsters before, no idea on flair or natural fitness.

Determination is a big key imo to look in youngsters as I have always found that if they have good determination then they are more likely to reach there potential then others. Also of course you need good training, good facilities and most importantly for them to have regulary games all through the ranks as they progress and get older (Under 18 games/Reserve games/Cup games etc) at different stages of cours.e

hmm i heard from you guys there is actually a column in fmscout that can roughly determine the outcome of the player right?

The PA value goes from 0-200,so if the player has a high PA that means it is possible for him to become that good. However without the right training,tutoring,match experience etc they wont reach that PA. However even without getting training and everything correct,they should turn out to be an alright player.

Hope that helped.

Apparently the determination attribute has an effect in game. You will find strikers with a high determination tend to chase down defenders more, and wingers with high determination tend to chase the ball that may be going out for a goal kick and manage to put a cross in, defenders make more saving tackles/goalline clearances.

Apparently the determination attribute has an effect in game. You will find strikers with a high determination tend to chase down defenders more, and wingers with high determination tend to chase the ball that may be going out for a goal kick and manage to put a cross in, defenders make more saving tackles/goalline clearances.

I've also been pretty certain that determination has an in-match effect, what I meant was that I'm not sure if determination actually has any impact on how well a high-potential player develops attribute-wise.

Personally I like to go for high-determination youngsters because I believe that they are more likely to 'work hard' and thus develop, but that might just be a myth on my part...

Archived