Just a little idea

i think it would be nice to have a in game map i enjoy playing in foreign leagues my favourite team is FC Shakhtar Donetsk and when im playing with them it would be nice to see where im playing at when im travelling away i believe it would immerse me in the game even more i know some people will say just look on google maps you monkey brained idiot fair enough but i just think it would be a nice touch to get a feel for the country your playing in :lol:

I'd quite like this as well :thup:

It doesn't need to be a highly detailed map, just an outline of the country would do.

i thought i might get a bit of stick for this idea im glad you see where im coming from, ive put it in the wishlist thread anyway :)

i think it would be nice to have a in game map i enjoy playing in foreign leagues my favourite team is FC Shakhtar Donetsk and when im playing with them it would be nice to see where im playing at when im travelling away i believe it would immerse me in the game even more i know some people will say just look on google maps you monkey brained idiot fair enough but i just think it would be a nice touch to get a feel for the country your playing in :lol:

I'd never call you a monkey brained idiot :D, but I wouldn't be happy to see that being implemented. It would take away precious space on the screen.

Also I believe I have a fairly good idea of most clubs geography. But obviously that's not really an argument...

In one of my previous games I had a map of my Euro travels, so I did put marks all over the map where I travelled, I did try doing it within my portugal away games as well, but that was just a bit much effort every week :p

I love the idea, even a very simple map so you can see where your home ground is in perspective with where you are travelling to.

the programming for it would be simple but time intensive given the number of clubs of all sizes everywhere. its mostly a matter of compiling all of it and pulling programmers away from other things to do such. the good part is they'd really only have to do it once, its not dynamic like the player database. personally im a knowledge weirdo and i know most of the places in the world where there are football teams likely to be playing teams from other countries. it probably wont happen because of logistical reasons in competition with it's non-vital to the game aspects.

There are already exisiting indexes of clubs and maps - I found some before.

It would mean SI acquiring these indexes and maps and programming them with the game.

It would be fun to see. Plus it could be used in conjuction with scouting, showing where in the world you're scouting, the scouting knowledge of regions/nations etc.

There could be even more uses for the maps.

I'd like to see a screen flash up after you have submitted your squad, it would show a map of the country/continent/globe and have a line connecting the two locations. This would keep from cluttering other screens since it would be it's own screen which you would then click past. The issue that would come up would be that some cities in the database don't have coordinates listed so that could be a problem which could get even worse when you start using custom databases where the creator(s) may not have decided to enter those fields.

Just as the ME has moved on from Tiddly-winks to 3-D, so too can destinations move on from Zork to a bit of flashy 1990's Hi-Res graphics, you know, like with a map?

"You move north-east.

You see a shrub and a hat.

What do you do?"

VS.

Skyrim.

The game takes up enough space currently w/o the need to increase for something like this.

Perhaps if each team had in it's desciption, "Location - 150miles SW of capitol"

Surely, 204 unicolour pictures in the shape of each nation, on which then a dot would indicate the location of each club, won't demand too much space...

It would take very little space, really.

The problem is that it actually costs quite a lot of money to use maps in things.

You mean licensing costs?

Shouldn't there be some public domain maps of all the states which one could use? Or one could as much create own maps. No one would ever notice if they were created by drawing the shapes off other maps ;)

Archived