4-6-0 Help

Hi :)

I currently have a save with a league 2 side where I am trying to succeed using a 4-6-0. Im using:

GK

FBK CTR CTR FBK

DLM DLM

CM

WNG INF WNG

Balanced Mixed Normal Pressing yes others no.

Any hints? It's going okay, im 2-2-2 in the league and 1-0-1 in cups. Just looking to see what you lot would do differently :)

I'd move the FBKs up alongside the DLMs and switch their role to wingback. Wingbacks always seem to perform considerably better than full backs and can be an amazing source of crosses.

Then I'd think about moving one of the wingers back to central midfield and either set both to BBM or one to BBM and one to BWM.

I'd have both attacking mids in the centre and have one as APM and one as INF. The wingbacks should compensate for the lack of wingers.

It would look something like this:

GK

CTR - CTR

WBK - DLM - DLM - WBK

BBM - BBM

APM - INF

As far as instructions are concerned, I'd experiment with short and mixed passing to see which gives you better posession and chances. I almost always go for attacking mentality, unless my oponent is getting a lot of shots on goal. You might want to experiment with the offside trap, too.

I once designed a formation without any strikers or defenders :D It was basically a compressed 4-3-3 that looked something like this:

GK

WBK - DLM - DLM - WBK

BBM - BWM - BBM

INF - APM - INF

It worked better than you might think, but didn't really compete with more sane tactics.

I'd move the FBKs up alongside the DLMs and switch their role to wingback. Wingbacks always seem to perform considerably better than full backs and can be an amazing source of crosses.

Then I'd think about moving one of the wingers back to central midfield and either set both to BBM or one to BBM and one to BWM.

I'd have both attacking mids in the centre and have one as APM and one as INF. The wingbacks should compensate for the lack of wingers.

It would look something like this:

GK

CTR - CTR

WBK - DLM - DLM - WBK

BBM - BBM

APM - INF

As far as instructions are concerned, I'd experiment with short and mixed passing to see which gives you better posession and chances. I almost always go for attacking mentality, unless my oponent is getting a lot of shots on goal. You might want to experiment with the offside trap, too.

I once designed a formation without any strikers or defenders :D It was basically a compressed 4-3-3 that looked something like this:

GK

WBK - DLM - DLM - WBK

BBM - BWM - BBM

INF - APM - INF

It worked better than you might think, but didn't really compete with more sane tactics.

Sorry didn't see this :)

Great work! Thanks for your help :) the only problem with BBM is that NONE of my MC's have over 10 stamina. I looked into buys but none would come. I'll be sure to give this a try though and thanks!

If you look at Roma who started the trend; though Barcelona, Spain and Manchester United adapted it, you'll find they played 4 in AM.

GK

FB-CD-CD-FB

BWM-CM

WNG-INF-INF-WNG

Attacking, Direct, Normal

Pressing, Men Behind Ball, Counter Attacks

Try that, I put two INFs so there is some versatility within your play else one player moving forward can be tracked easier.

The Barcelona/Man United/Spain:

GK

WB-CD-CD-WB

DLM

CM-CM

INF-INF-INF (narrow OR wide - Barca do wide, Man United did narrow)

Attacking, Short, Normal

Pressing

If you look at Roma who started the trend; though Barcelona, Spain and Manchester United adapted it, you'll find they played 4 in AM.

GK

FB-CD-CD-FB

BWM-CM

WNG-INF-INF-WNG

Attacking, Direct, Normal

Pressing, Men Behind Ball, Counter Attacks

Try that, I put two INFs so there is some versatility within your play else one player moving forward can be tracked easier.

The Barcelona/Man United/Spain:

GK

WB-CD-CD-WB

DLM

CM-CM

INF-INF-INF (narrow OR wide - Barca do wide, Man United did narrow)

Attacking, Short, Normal

Pressing

Thanks Dec I will be sure to try it :)

@Dec9693 going to give the Barcelona Wide one a go with Barca and get back to you :)

Valdes

Alves Pique Puyol Clichy

Busquets

Fabregas/Iniesta Xavi

Hulk Messi Young/Villa/Iniesta

Signed Hulk, Young and Clichy for AMR, AML and DL

Archived