OM and OL way too strong?

I noticed that in all my long term saves Olympique de Marseille and Olympique Lyonnais are major European forces, often winning UCL and EL.

I am not sure why that is the case, as it's not even close to rl. :rolleyes:

Lyon were a strong team in the Champions League not too long ago. how far into your game are you?

Marseille won the European cup i think back in the late 80's/early 90's - And it's less than 20 years ago that Ajax were kings of europe.

I'd say if you were 10+ years or more into the game, then its not too out of the ordinary -France have a strong youth setup. PSG are adding quality players and money into the french league - making the league more competetive as a result. The big clubs like Marseille and OL are bound to benefit from all of that.

Exactly how far into the game are you? The game does develop and changes a lot and although you will get the same crop of teams challenging for everything, new teams do come into it. Palermo are emerging as a strong European force on mine for example.

I remember a SI developer said me french clubs earn too many money compared to the reality and this will be revised in FM 2013.

Lyon had the best midfield in the world with Juninho, Essien, Diarra, and also players like Malouda, Abidal or Tiago but this was more because they did intelligent transfers than OL is a powerful club, in fact OL, OM and frenchs clubs are very poor compared to other european big clubs.

French researchers overrate french championships since years. :thdn:

It's more the opposite, the players of Ligue 1 are very underrated (or the Liga, PL players are too overrated). It's their economy system that SI overrate. I think SI forgot to take account of french taxes in their calculation.

I havnt seen this is any of my saves, in current one 2028 with all leagues in europe as view only they've only had 1 finalist and only 1 team (Bayern) outside spain and england has ever won. And only PSG won in Europa League despite there being 5 german winners, 3 italian, 3 spanish, 3 english and 1 portuguese.

in my game OM have been very average im 9 years ahead and 5 of them they have ended up in the europa league and I believe they have won it once but apart from that usually 2nd knockout

however OL have been monsterous developed 4 regens into world beaters won the CL in consecutive years they had lisandro lopez and robert lewandowski they were just unstoppable however in year 7 lisandro retired and year 8 they sold lewandowski and got to the champions league final where I beat them 3-0 but they have been brilliant in all 3 of my saves and seem to get crazy players through their setup they released 3 regens I have signed them and they have all turned out to be amazing players and are regularly chased by barcalona arsenal and man city so if they can release them makes you wonder what gems they have in their acadamy :eek:

In my FM2011 game Marseille won 7 Champions Leagues (in a career that spanned 22 years). So yes it's safe to say this doesn't happen only to you.

Other than Marseille and Lyon (and occasionally other french sides), a team that invariably always always always overperforms in FM is Atlético Madrid.

In my FM2011 game Marseille won 7 Champions Leagues (in a career that spanned 22 years). So yes it's safe to say this doesn't happen only to you.

Other than Marseille and Lyon (and occasionally other french sides), a team that invariably always always always overperforms in FM is Atlético Madrid.

Yes those three clubs are main forces of the world in my long-term save as well.

They buy more aggressively than Real Madrid, Barca and the other big European clubs and they do have a lot of money.

When playing as Almeria, which was relegated in 2016 when I took over, my TV deal was at just 500k or something like that. After gaining promotion and securing a safe mid-table position, the deal was renewed, for 650k. Is the difference really that huge in rl La Liga?

Yes those three clubs are main forces of the world in my long-term save as well.

They buy more aggressively than Real Madrid, Barca and the other big European clubs and they do have a lot of money.

When playing as Almeria, which was relegated in 2016 when I took over, my TV deal was at just 500k or something like that. After gaining promotion and securing a safe mid-table position, the deal was renewed, for 650k. Is the difference really that huge in rl La Liga?

Sadly yes, the TV money in La Liga in terms of equality is a shambles.

This is because the computer produces too many top class regens, but having said that in theory French football should be powerful so maybe after a few years its FM way of establishing what should be a real life status quo.

Lyon(I think) are gone as a force in French football, so its kinda stupid seeing them dominate(if they ever do)

I find that Germany produce the most ammount of decent newgens, not found many french ones, but they do seem to have better youth in the game already.

i think out of 4 or 5 differant seasons/saves in the champions league, it is still more normal to face the likes of Real Madrid, Barcalona etc, i think i have played OM once in a final, never OL

Archived