Database, size is great but FRUSTRATING!

John Sutton will be Hearts main and only striker this season. Although he went out on a 3 month loan to Australlia he was always going to be a big player.

It's very frustrating that he is not in the game when you load Scotland only, especially as Scotland is a relatively small league it should have ALL the Scottish based players when you load Scotland only. Sutton is one of many examples I found, see below.

This has to be sorted in 2013! If a player is in the game then he MUST be available when only his active league is loaded!

My problem with the database is the instances when players are not available in one League only but are in multi leagues.

For example when I have Scotland only loaded I would expect all the players from the small Scottish league to be available.

That's not the case, for Example John Fleck (Rangers) although he was loaned out he was a major future star for Rangers but he is not in the Rangers team when I load Scotland only but he is when you load England only or multi leagues.

It's makes no sense that a Scottish player is NOT on the Scottish only database but is on others

If things like that were fixed then the database would be perfect.

Hasn't this already been discussed several times in other threads and Marc has said he'd look into how it is calculated? Sorry I know you are concerned and want to help the game but he will just give the same reply to you and he could be using that time to look at this or another issue.

You mentioning it before + other people have already put this across, I don't think you need to do it again. It is getting to the point it is becoming moaning and Marc has already said he'll look into it so no need to keep reaffirming a point.

You cannot change names on the SE.

• SI Staff

As I've mentioned before we'll look at further improving this side of things going forward - continually reiterating the same point in not particularly helpful.

With regards to loaned out players if the game believes they are important enough to be retained then they will be, otherwise they won't be present - the execeptions you mention are those loaned to 'active clubs' which find them more important than their base club. In those cases yes they'll be retained for that reason (rather than for their importance to their host club) ... if you think about it I think you'll agree that makes sense.

• 5 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Another one......

Costel Pantilimon

He is not in the England only database despite being Man City's number 2 but is in the game when you load Scotland only, it just does not make any sence :(

I know why this one is and I'm afraid it was down to human error - apologies.

Archived