Help: Getting Winger to pass to FC in certain situations

Given that Muniain is running so the ball will be out infront of him I reckon that is tight whether the defender (is it 65?) can intercept that. Maybe he could of passed sooner but it looks like 15 would maybe have blocked an earlier pass.

Barring that I'd agree that this is probably attribute based rather than tactics based.

Can you give a winger "Look to pass" PPM?

That just reduces the likelihood of a player taking a long-shot, this isn't a long-shot.

This is an "issue" in FM, there's nothing you can really do besides buy new players, or use the Teamwork option on the match-prep.

73234750.png

In this situation my winger could've passed to my FC but went for a shot, how to get him to pass more often as i see my team could benefit a lot more from situations like that

Generally, I think in this situation it has more to do with player's attributes than with tactical instructions. Footedness might also play a role. Of course some instructions may affect the likely-hood of the player choosing to pass instead.

I think IF-attack are less likely to pass than AP-attack (TTB=often) or Winger-attack (Cross ball=often), especially if they play on the same side as their strong foot.

I've had Alexis Sanchez play either as AMR or AML. He is more likely to square pass to someone in the middle when he plays on the right than when he plays on the left, regardless of role given to him. Off top of my head his Teamwork, Decisions and Creativity are pretty similar to Muniain's.

Perhaps if #7 is your STC, you could select him as your target man and instruct your winger to aim his crosses to target man.

73234750.png

In this situation my winger could've passed to my FC but went for a shot, how to get him to pass more often as i see my team could benefit a lot more from situations like that

From my observations: max creative freedom and player instructions like run with ball, cross ball, cross aim set to mixed seem to help. Also when the team is fully gelled and players like each other the team become more unselfish.

Archived