Playing in Portugal (not the big three).

I'm playing in Portugual with one of the smaller sides in the top division. I'm still in the first season but with just a few games to go, we've overacheived and are currently fifth, which would see us qualify for Europe.

My intention is to move on too bigger things eventually, so I'm just wondering what're people's experiences with job offers/moving on etc whilst managing one of the average Portuguese clubs. I've already made all my signings for the summer and believe we'll have a stronger squad again next year so I'm hoping to sustain our progress. I'm Rio Ave btw.

im managing beira-mar at the moment, and so far the league is fun. besides the top 2(3) there is not much separating the sides. so i was able to overachieve as well (even while using exotic formations). the top sides usually drop a lot of points also, so with a good side you can push them. 7 seasons so far, and i'm on the verge of dominance in europe.

wrt ur question, your reputation goes up as you win, so get some trophies under ur belt. you will get many offers don't worry ;) i rejected quite a few.

Archived