Is there anything that would make you resign?

I found out today that there was for me. I've spend five years building my Bury side with almost no money, taking them from relegation candidates to play-off contenders. Revamped the whole club. My own staff, my own players, my own styles... at at the start of this season, the board have absolutely slashed my wage budget to 20k meaning I had no choice but to let arouind 2/3 of my team leave, and all I could do to stay under budget was promote youth. Even then I still needed about 7 players and I only had 1k in wages left to spare. Seeing the squad i'd spent five years putting together decimated was enough for me to resign. Even though Bury are my team in real life!

I'm now Sheff Utd manager (carried on, not stated again) and have 1.3m to spend when January comes around. :D

Anything ever made you say "enough"?

Took over Llanelli and managed them for 10 years growing rapidly the club, but the board just wouldn't agree to expand the stadium or build a new one, even though we had 120M in the balance, our current stadium had a capacity of 3700 and we kept filling it up, and I had won 3 of the 4 last Champions Leagues. In the end I used the "I won't be able to stay if you don't do it" option, and the b*stard chairman said I can resign if I want..:mad:

So I left, took over Real Madrid, and brought with me half of my Llanelli players:D

Took over Llanelli and managed them for 10 years growing rapidly the club, but the board just wouldn't agree to expand the stadium or build a new one, even though we had 120M in the balance, our current stadium had a capacity of 3700 and we kept filling it up, and I had won 3 of the 4 last Champions Leagues. In the end I used the "I won't be able to stay if you don't do it" option, and the b*stard chairman said I can resign if I want..:mad:

So I left, took over Real Madrid, and brought with me half of my Llanelli players:D

lol, love it! can I ask what season you were in to get Llanelli to euro glory? that's some achievement whatever!

I have the same problem as you really manager of Police Service of Northern Ireland we have one the CL 3 times in a row and have a quality team. I luckily signed all of my players to 5 year deals on very very low deals. The highest paid player is on 7k, and the rest are under 1.5k so they have a couple more years until they want 75k each. In the mean time our stadium contains 3500, however we can always expand it and we have done every year. My main problem is that this isn't nearly quickly enough as they only expand 700 seats at a time and our capacity limit is 50,000. so that means it will take another 66 seasons to fill up before they will even consider my request for a new stadium, then a couple more to build it.

Atm we are only making money on selling players which we are doing well, however we are losing a silly amount of money as we constantly have to; improve facilities, increase the stadium and increase the youth setup, also we get taxed £1,500,000 P.M and you can see my issue. It is getting seriously difficult to turn out a profit which is a massive thing for me, as I have turned the clubs balance from £400,000 to £152,703,957! so we should be able to increase the stadium more tha 700 seats or even buy a new one outright. I think it is a stupid flaw of the game. If I was to resign this would be the only reason

lol, love it! can I ask what season you were in to get Llanelli to euro glory? that's some achievement whatever!

Thanks! :)

First CL win was in 2024 (playing FM11 btw), beating Fiorentina 4-3, with 5 SoT and a 90 minute strike:lol::p

I had already won the CL twice with Chelsea before joining Llanelli though, so my rep made it easier to bring some great potential on loan every year and grow the club faster.

In my career save I have followed the path of a proper career. The times I have resigned from a club is if I have achieved all the targets I set myself (Liverpool, At.Madrid), taken the club as far as I could (Darlington, Kirklarelispor), got bored (Boca) and on one ocassion I got pissed off with the Chairman (Blackpool). So a bit of a wide variety.

I have the same problem as you really manager of Police Service of Northern Ireland we have one the CL 3 times in a row and have a quality team I luckily signed all of my players to 5 year deals on very very low deals highest paid player is on 7k and the rest are under 1.5k so they have a couple more years until they want 75k each and in the mean time our stadium contains 3500 however we can always expand it and we have done every year however my main problem is that this isn't nearly quickly enough as they only expand 700 seats at a time and our capacity limit is 50,000 so that means it will take another 66 seasons to fill up before they will even accept my request for a new season then a couple more to build it and atm we are only making money on selling players which we are doing well with as we constantly have to improve facilities increase the stadium and because we get taxed £1,500,000 at minimum and you can see my issue the financial issue is getting seriously difficult to turn out a profit which is a massive thing for me I have turned the clubs balance from £400,000 to £152,703,957 so we should be able to increase the stadium more or even buy a new one outright I think it is a stupid flaw of the game and I am considering loading up either the Ukrainian league or the Russian League where they are a couple of years ahead of Northern Ireland

Please punctuate your posts, a wall of words is very difficult to read.

Please punctuate your posts, a wall of words is very difficult to read.

I do see your point however as it is one point and all stays on topic it should stay as a single paragraph as I dont like quotes and bullet points but yeah I got a little too into it and didn't stop too think I will change it in a min

EDIT: changes are made

No but nearly. I've become the greatest team on the game with Leicester City so you'd think that my board wouldn't sell players but nooo, sold one of the greatest prospects I've ever had, really pissed me of but I stuck with it, pretty annoying though when the board sell your best players.

In my career save I have followed the path of a proper career. The times I have resigned from a club is if I have achieved all the targets I set myself (Liverpool, At.Madrid), taken the club as far as I could (Darlington, Kirklarelispor), got bored (Boca) and on one ocassion I got pissed off with the Chairman (Blackpool). So a bit of a wide variety.

I've been following your thread, great career:)

Archived